Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 08-08-2017, 01:55 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #8597
Wires to no where...

So while looking under the brand new 2018 Axis today I see this... should I be alarmed? It's located right under the swivel valve for the black/grey. Seems they should either be connected or at the very least... capped.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4383.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	6252  

Old 08-08-2017, 02:15 PM   #2

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Oh Geesshh! That's enough to unnerve anybody. For an option or something in your new coach is not going to work without power. Hard to tell. Hat to say it but you need to call the dealer, Thor or even drive back to the dealer and have it dealt with. If you don't it will bother you forever.
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 02:18 PM   #3
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
4 Wires there: Open the hatch to the right that covers the black tank and see if the sensors are wired up (4: 1 wire on the bottom, then a 1/3 wire, 2/3 wire and F wire).

Since that is the sewer bay and the tanks are right next door I'd bet that is what the wires are for.

Edit: Just looked at the sensor wires on my 24.1. My sensor wires are a much smaller gauge--like a telephone wire. Doesn't mean those aren't them but it is likely they are something else.

I also looked around my sewer area and there was no wires in that compartment at all.

I think I'd start crawling around underneath tracing them down to figure out where they go.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 02:57 PM   #4

State: North Carolina
THOR #3952
Not sure either but I would take a meter and check for power and then put wire nuts on them until I figured out where they go.
DC voltage in the coach doesn't normally follow the red/black positive negative colors. The chassis does.
Old 08-08-2017, 03:54 PM   #5

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Illinois
THOR #3027
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3NTAL View Post
So while looking under the brand new 2018 Axis today I see this... should I be alarmed? It's located right under the swivel valve for the black/grey. Seems they should either be connected or at the very least... capped.
Could it be wiring for the heated tanks came off. It happened to me on my new Axis.
Old 08-08-2017, 04:02 PM   #6

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
THOR #6280
Don't forget this is a Thor product. The wires could be for any one of the following.

1. Muffler Bearing Actuator.
2. Waste to Drinking Water Recycler(but the water is still waste tablet blue)
3. Old Whitehouse Intercom Connection to (Monica & Cigars).
4. Automated Self Repair Robot. (probably broke free from over use)

or my favorite....

5. Generally wired directly to a big Dynamite charge to self destruct problem coaches. Thor removed the charges because they were self destructing in the factory. :-)
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 08:10 PM   #7

State: Oklahoma
THOR #8223
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLovers View Post
1. Muffler Bearing Actuator.

LOL I haven't heard of muffler bearings in years! Not since 12th grade auto shop (1979). I didn't know they were still being made! I thought later improvements in exhaust systems helped the exhaust gasses "spin freely" without them! [emoji16]
Old 08-09-2017, 08:37 PM   #8

THOR #8597
HAHA

It's actually getting thicker sway bars and a steering stabilizer put on so the trouble shooting will have to wait. The tanks are registering correctly but my gut says it's wiring for the tank heating pads.

Then again, it could be for the flux capacitor which would explain why I only get 9.5 mpg's...
Old 08-09-2017, 08:43 PM   #9

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Could be for some kind of sensors to the rear lights fluid level (in the past I've heard of headlight fluid levels).

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 08:45 PM   #10

THOR #8597
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
Could be for some kind of sensors to the rear lights fluid level (in the past I've heard of headlight fluid levels).

Doc
That's it... Must be to monitor the blinker fluid levels

Old 08-09-2017, 09:32 PM   #11

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
THOR #5196
Looks like the wiring for the Dynamic mode stabilizer for the grey water output sensor to me!
Old 08-09-2017, 09:36 PM   #12

State: North Carolina
THOR #3952
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3NTAL View Post
HAHA

It's actually getting thicker sway bars and a steering stabilizer put on so the trouble shooting will have to wait. The tanks are registering correctly but my gut says it's wiring for the tank heating pads.

Then again, it could be for the flux capacitor which would explain why I only get 9.5 mpg's...
I wish I could get 9.5!!!!!!!