Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 10-28-2018, 02:57 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: British Columbia
THOR #12227
Inaugural Run

Did our 1st run in our (new to us) 2016 Vegas 24.1. We are from BC and headed to Yellowstone, Grand Teton, The Arches, Canyonland, Mesa Verde, Grand Canyon, Vegas (had to go there), Redwoods and up the Oregon coast. About 5,000 miles in total over almost 7 weeks.

We loved the unit and for us the configuration worked really well. We carry a Suzuki Burgman 200 on the back.

Ran into some 1st time issues. Found out the hard way you need more than about 1/3 of a tank of gas for the generator to work. I even took it to an RV guy who said it was a relay and didn't have parts. Good think. I just needed more fuel in my tank a camping neighbour told me about.

Our electric front window shade failed in the down position. We had to roll it up and tie it. I called in for warranty but not covered. I called MCD Innovations in Texas and they mailed me a new motor which I put in when we got home. They were great to deal with and helped with all installation questions.

The last week I was losing steering fluid … kept having to top up. Took it in when home and found it to be an offset hose clamp that was not on firmly. Ford said Thor moves many of these hoses along the way.

I just put fatmat inside the doghouse in hopes of quietening things a little when running. Just ordered an oxygenics shower head to replace the not so powerful one we have. Lined around the water pump with fatmat and wrapped the tubing with insulation to try and quieten the water pump.

That's it. Great experience and we are hooked.

Bottom line … all good. Great small rig for us.

Old 10-28-2018, 03:15 AM   #2

State: Washington
THOR #6433
Sounds like a great trip. Glad everything was manageable while on the road. It’s always an adventure.
Old 10-29-2018, 01:54 AM   #3

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Thanks for your report. Sounds like a great trip!