Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-29-2021, 12:58 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #20474
Interior LED light

One of the many interior round led lights is misbehaving in our 2017 Thor Chateau 29G. It goes from full brightness to about half brightness, and then repeats this pattern.

I took the plastic cover off, and I see 12 diodes, and the number 104419, and "Promems Rev.1". I haven't quickly found a replacement online, and am wondering if I need to revise my search, or if anyone here has had to replace one of the same lights already.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210928_203726.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	33983  

Old 09-29-2021, 01:13 AM   #2

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Most people with newer coaches have those scattered throughout their motorhome. They are a dime a dozen online. We maybe not a dime... but $10 each isn't too bad:

Facon 4-1/2'' LED RV Puck Light Super Slim Under Cabinet Light, 2-Packs Surface Mount Ceiling Dome Light with Push Switch, 12V DC Interior Light for RV Camper Trailer Motorhome, 4000K Cool White Light https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XYZLVQL...SR8GMKE8RZCS7W

Have you popped those screws out and checked to make sure there isn't a loose wire? Is it only one light you're having this issue with?
Old 09-29-2021, 11:01 AM   #3

THOR #20474
Thanks, those look similar. I'm hoping to find an exact replacement, but not sure how difficult that will be. No, I haven't taken it out yet to check the wiring. I'll do that, but probably not until I get home from our trip.
Old 10-02-2021, 01:31 AM   #4

THOR #16721
Quote:
Originally Posted by AreVeeThereYet View Post
Thanks, those look similar. I'm hoping to find an exact replacement, but not sure how difficult that will be. No, I haven't taken it out yet to check the wiring. I'll do that, but probably not until I get home from our trip.
I imagine Thor buys those puck lights by the millions - and the design changes from year to year. Finding an EXACT replacement for a nearly 5 year old LED puck light may be a challenge.
Old 10-15-2021, 03:00 PM   #5

THOR #20474
Just to wrap up, I ended up buying similar lights on Amazon. Two for $19. I replaced both lights over the sofa so they would match. I needed the 3" version over the sofa, whereas most of the rest are 4".

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06XK...b_b_asin_title

I took off the spring clips and used the three screws to attach, like the originals.
Old 10-15-2021, 03:17 PM   #6

THOR #16721
Quote:
Originally Posted by AreVeeThereYet View Post
Just to wrap up, I ended up buying similar lights on Amazon. Two for $19. I replaced both lights over the sofa so they would match. I needed the 3" version over the sofa, whereas most of the rest are 4".

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06XK...b_b_asin_title

I took off the spring clips and used the three screws to attach, like the originals.
Gotta love it when fixes are "easy peasy"!