Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 05-10-2020, 11:42 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Windsport 35M
State: Georgia
THOR #18656
Inverter Question

Morning all, I have a 2020 Windsport 35M and noticed that my house batteries drain while the battery main cutoff switch is in the off position. So I checked to see what was not shutting off and the fridge stays on when Batt Switch is off. Is that normal? I tried turning off the Freedom Remote switch but it has no effect. Any help is much appreciated.

John S

BulletproofPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 12:40 PM   #2

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
The Inverter is wired directly to the battery so even with the Use / Store Switch in the "Store" position the Inverter can still power the fridge if the Inverter is on and the fridge is on.

There is a panel for the Inverter that will allow you to turn it off if you don't need the fridge powered on when you are sitting parked.

Your Inverter also likely has an internal transfer switch so that when you are on shore power, it will automatically pass the AC voltage through the Inverter to power the fridge even if the switch on the Inverter panel is in the "Off" position.

*Edit* Sorry.... I just read your real problem before I started to respond.

I had this same problem on my 2020 Magnitude from the factory. It took me a little reading and troubleshooting and then I figured it out.

The Freedom X has a built-in control panel and then Thor adds the Remote Control Panel in the coach so it is easier to access the controls for the Inverter.

Thor likely left the built-in control panel power switch in the "On" position. It needs to be in the "Off" position for the Remote Control Panel to take over control of the Inverter. Otherwise the built-in Control Panel over-rides the Remote Panel.

You need to find where your Inverter is mounted (likely in an outdoor storage compartment close to the battery trays) and you will see the built-in control panel in the center of the unit. Make sure the push button is extended, which is the "Off" position. Then you will be able to turn the Inverter on and off with the Remote Control Panel as well as change any of the settings.
Old 05-10-2020, 12:46 PM   #3

THOR #18656
I tried to turn off the inverter panel and nothing happens.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Inverter.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	23666  
Old 05-10-2020, 12:48 PM   #4

THOR #12751
See my edited post...... I started typing before I totally digested your real problem.

*Edit* Sorry.... I just read your real problem before I started to respond.

I had this same problem on my 2020 Magnitude from the factory. It took me a little reading and troubleshooting and then I figured it out.

The Freedom X has a built-in control panel and then Thor adds the Remote Control Panel in the coach so it is easier to access the controls for the Inverter.

Thor likely left the built-in control panel power switch in the "On" position. It needs to be in the "Off" position for the Remote Control Panel to take over control of the Inverter. Otherwise the built-in Control Panel over-rides the Remote Panel.

You need to find where your Inverter is mounted (likely in an outdoor storage compartment close to the battery trays) and you will see the built-in control panel in the center of the unit. Make sure the push button is extended, which is the "Off" position. Then you will be able to turn the Inverter on and off with the Remote Control Panel as well as change any of the settings.
Old 05-10-2020, 12:51 PM   #5

THOR #18656
Judge, thanks I am heading out to the rig in a few and will try....Ill let you know and thanks for the info...travel safe.

John
Old 05-10-2020, 06:29 PM   #6

THOR #18656
Judge, you were 100% right problem solved....thanks for your help.

JOhn
Old 05-10-2020, 07:08 PM   #7

THOR #12751
That’s great John! [emoji106]

Glad I could help!

Enjoy the new coach!