Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2020, 01:26 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.2
State: Maryland
THOR #13596
Inverter woes

Hello, I'm fairly new and still learning about the RV world. I have a 2018 Thor ACE 30.2 and experiencing problem with my Go Power 1000 inverter. There are 3 LED lights on the rear of the inverter, 1st light is solid red (battery symbol), middle light is green (2 triangles symbols), 3rd light is flashing red (single triangle symbol) and unit is beeping. I've read manual several times, checked breakers and pressed reset button. The refrigerator is the only appliance plugged in the inverter and not working (trying to save food).
Also, can I plug refrigerator directly into another outlet until problem is solved?

Thanks ��

Old 05-24-2020, 02:10 PM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Saunders View Post
Hello, I'm fairly new and still learning about the RV world. I have a 2018 Thor ACE 30.2 and experiencing problem with my Go Power 1000 inverter. There are 3 LED lights on the rear of the inverter, 1st light is solid red (battery symbol), middle light is green (2 triangles symbols), 3rd light is flashing red (single triangle symbol) and unit is beeping. I've read manual several times, checked breakers and pressed reset button. The refrigerator is the only appliance plugged in the inverter and not working (trying to save food).
Also, can I plug refrigerator directly into another outlet until problem is solved?

Thanks ��
Absolutely! And if the fridge works fine you can eliminate it as a possible cause of the inverter problem.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 02:15 PM   #3

THOR #13596
Thanks, I plugged frig in different outlet and it's working.
Old 05-24-2020, 02:24 PM   #4
Site Team

THOR #7035
RED battery symbol says your battery voltage is too low. Do you have a multimeter and know how to use it? If so, check your house battery voltage, if not, get one (Free at Harbor freight with the right coupon) and goto Youtube university to learn to use it. It will come in handy with your RV use.

I also changed your OP references to "converter" since you are talking about an inverter. Let's not confuse the subject.

Old 05-24-2020, 02:46 PM   #5

THOR #13596
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I'll pickup a multimeter ASAP. I assumed that since I'm hooked up to shore power at campground that house batteries would remained charged, or is this a completely different situation? Thanks.
Old 05-24-2020, 03:11 PM   #6
Site Team

THOR #7035
Your house batteries are charged by your CONVERTER when plugged in or the generator is running if your USE/STORE switch is in USE) or battery disconnect switch is closed).

Your converter supplies the DC buss and other DC loads regardless of the status of that switch if you have AC voltage.

The INVERTER is probably connected to the battery bank via its own DC wiring and breaker/fuse.

If you are plugged into SP and your USE/STORE switch is in USE and you don't have over 13 VDC at the batteries you have a different problem. Your inverter not operating is just a symptom.
Old 05-24-2020, 04:00 PM   #7

THOR #13596
Thanks again, your explanation of my problem makes things much clearer. 1st stop tomorrow is Harbor Freight to pickup multimeter. ��