Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 07-16-2020, 12:19 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2014 Windsport 34f
State: Alabama
THOR #6507
Jack Knife Sofa

Replacing the old sofa in my Windsport 34f. Because of washer/dryer can't put in recliners, so plan on installing jack knife. Which is better, RecPro Charles 72" edition, or Thomas Payne (Camping World) 72"?

Toad: (Wally One) 2014 Fiat 500L Trekking (4 Down)
"Welcome to our front porch"
rickymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 03:17 PM   #2

Model: Axis 24.2
State: California
THOR #18202
I can't answer your question about the relative value of the options but I am receiving a RecPro 72" Jack Knife sofa later today and will be installing it over the next few days. I will report on the process when complete.

In an Axis 24.2, the only sleeping arrangements are the sofa and the overhead bunk above the driving compartment. I did not care for the sofa with airbed that came with the RV and have removed it from the slide out in preparation for the installation.

The top of the slide out floor is about 3.5 inches above the RV floor, so I had local welding shop cut down and reweld the attachment points on RecPros optional legs by the same amount. The slide out is 75 inches wide and will leave a couple of inches on each end after installation - should be about right to facilitate adding sheets, etc.

More to come.
Old 07-25-2020, 07:50 PM   #3

Model: windsport 36R
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #11273
I would be very interested in knowing which one is better. I need to replace our jack knife sofa and recliner chair and I've been vacillating between those brands and few others. I like what we have now except that the pleather or what ever they call the covering is shedding more then our dog.