Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-26-2022, 07:39 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Colorado
THOR #19132
JRV212T Touch Panel Audio System problem

Any suggestions on setting the clock? I am pushing the down arrow on the touch panel to Highlite “Set Clock” and I can not move the highliter outline to set clock. I’m not impressed with this “Touch Panel”.

Old 07-04-2022, 09:14 PM   #2

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Well I am not sure I can help with the touch screen sensitivity at all, but are the rest of the radio touch screen functions working OK?
After reading all the issues/failures owners have had with the Jensen 212T radios over the years I was starting to wonder why mine is still working after 10 years (knocking on wood). While the DW and I are not full timers, I thought that perhaps the radio (or at least the screen) may fail prematurely due to high operating or ambient temperatures. Since about 2014 I have just turned off the clock portion on the radio altogether, so the screen is off unless used for radio or cameras or both. I don’t know if that has made any difference or not since we have used the radio etc quite often during camping season and while traveling. I wonder if you would have better luck if the radio has been off for a while (A/C on in your coach) and then try to see if the radio touch responds better for you. If the screens are capacitively responsive to touch, maybe you are not as charged as you need to be. Turn off the clock and have another beer. Happy camping.

Old 07-05-2022, 01:13 PM   #3

THOR #19132
Thanks javelin. While the other touch screen buttons are working they do not work all the time. I feel like I have to push them constantly to get them to react. I have been able to set the clock once this past winter when I took it out of storage. I have since sold the Vegas this past Thursday. I would have loved to disconnect the Clock.
Old 07-05-2022, 03:27 PM   #4

THOR #2631
Well selling your Vegas is one way to solve the radio problems. I wonder if the touchscreen worked better in Winter as you say, when air is generally drier and static charges on us are typically more likely? That is partly why I suggested running the A/C for a while to de-humidify your coach and cool it off as well in case the radio is more sensitive to heat issues. Jensen electronics is certainly not great quality IMO and I too have had issues on occasion with getting a consistent response when touching the screen for option changes. The tendency is to press harder, but that is just more likely to damage the screen in some way. There is a “touch option” to just turn off the clock.....no need to disconnect anything. Of course the touch screen needs to work in order to do that. I hope you at least had some fun using your Vegas on a few excellent trips. Good luck.
Old 07-05-2022, 04:50 PM   #5

THOR #19132
Well yes, selling the Vegas took care of my problem but I was hoping to give the new owner some suggestions. Where would I tell the new owner to look for the touch button to turnoff the clock? I was not very impressed with the quality of the workmanship of the Thor Vegas. Had lots of issues, many of which I could resolve. But some expensive ones I could not that the previous owner did not take care of. If the Thor’s quality control was better they could put out a better product!
Old 07-05-2022, 05:48 PM   #6

THOR #2631
Well you and the original owner should have received the manuals set for various systems and appliances in the coach. The manual can be obtained for free on line or I will attach a pdf here as well. Page 9 shows the System Menu and below where you were trying to set the clock is another setting to turn it off completely I think. It does help if people buying new or used RV's have some electrical and "handy man (or woman)" experience. At least you can usually fix most of the basic things yourself that way. Good luck on your next adventures.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Jensen Radio jrv212t.pdf (1.40 MB, 22 views)