Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 11-02-2019, 08:54 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #15962
Just to many problems

Well it was just to many problems for this coach. From leaking window, electric bed rattling, pulling to the right, check engine light, no power, batteries dying, can't get home started, slides not operating, hub cap falling off, front defroster not working, metal shavings floating down from up front and wood chips blowing up from exchangers,camping trips being canceled, its just to much. Dropped home off on Thursday for windshield repair, the 31st Oct, I blew all water out off home before I took it just in case. Forgot to dump antifreeze in traps just in case so drove to service area hour away to take care of that just in case. Saturday 2 Nov, 1st Nov windshield was to be fixed which was friday. Asked if I could drive up to get it done since it was parked in service area. Ok. Great. As I drove up window was still taped up. WTF. Well now I'm not happy at all. Pretty mad. Went to service dept and asked what happened. Well the guys showed up and pushed on the windshield and it moved not to there liking saying I was lucky it didn't fall off. I was like what? Well now what? We have to replace the trim. Huh. Its rotted. Good grief. How long? Not sure. Parts on order. Why wasn't I called to tell what happened. Service guy said I told you I would call on Monday. I said yeah but that was for the other issues not windshield. Good grief. Not happy. Pretty POd. While I was up the top with home I started looking at other homes up there. I seen from corner of my eye a model same as mine. 36.3 2020 Plazzo. Hmmm. I walked away from service to sales and said can I look at that home. Ok. Off we went. I than asked can I take it for a spin. Hmmm. I than said I have my home just like it up on the lot. Ok let me get the dealer plate. Cool. Same year same model same interior color same same put upgraded electronics. Engine instrument cluster totally different, smart steering wheel with all the required driving stuff on the wheel. Other had gauges switches you had to look around for, automatical exhaust break. Way cooler. Ok. I'll take it. Whoa whoa whoa. Say what. I'm done with that other home. Way to much wrong. Its gonna nickle and dime me to death. What?? Yep I want that home. Take mine back let's deal. Well long story short. Come the 7th of November I have a new home. Praying that I don't have the problems with it. It's a crap shoot but heck what isn't. Wish me luck, and Thor company you'll be hearing from me on monday. The dealer mumbled something about not honoring the factory warranty, which I took a hit on, since it's a used unit for a future owner. Oh yeah since new post those that haven't followed I bought this home July 10. Problems ever since. Yes it's a lemon but there is no lemon law on motorhomes. There are other ways to go about it that I'm looking into. HAPPY CAMPING

Old 11-02-2019, 09:02 PM   #2

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
https://rvlemonlaw.com/?gclid=CjwKCA...xoClxQQAvD_BwE

Too late I guess.

And

Thor warranted my used rv.

But

I'm all about the happy, so I'd have likely done the same if faced with no alternative.
Congratulations on your new purchase.
Old 11-02-2019, 09:41 PM   #3

THOR #15962
Thanks
I haven't signed anything yet so it may not be to too late. Will know come Monday. But I was really unhappy. Didn't put any money down as my down was the home they sold me which is there supposed to get fix. But in any case I'm happy with new one, I test drove it and the PDI is gonna be a bitch for them as I know all about that home. Been reading the book since I bought it in July. But thanks again for new newer home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
https://rvlemonlaw.com/?gclid=CjwKCA...xoClxQQAvD_BwE

Too late I guess.

And

Thor warranted my used rv.

But

I'm all about the happy, so I'd have likely done the same if faced with no alternative.
Congratulations on your new purchase.
Old 11-02-2019, 10:14 PM   #4
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I hope that this one will scratch all of the right itches for you...
Good luck!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 10:20 PM   #5

THOR #15962
Me as well. Thanks. Hope it's not three is the charm. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
I hope that this one will scratch all of the right itches for you...
Good luck!
Old 11-02-2019, 10:41 PM   #6
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Just make sure that you really "ring their tails"; during the PDI!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 10:52 PM   #7

THOR #15962
Oh yeah we will. [emoji106]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Just make sure that you really "ring their tails"; during the PDI!
Old 11-03-2019, 09:06 PM   #8

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Hope so too. It can be expensive trading
Ike that (ask me how I know!) but it’s hard to put a price on happy and certainly there are lemons out there. It totally sucks if you find that you got one. Decent odds that you won’t get two in a row.
Old 11-04-2019, 09:53 AM   #9

THOR #15962
I'm hoping I don't get two in a row. But your right I took a pretty good hit on trade but I need a home I'll be happy in. Funny thing tho the new home is the same year, 2020, Plazzo 36.3. I asked what's the difference as it just arrived from Thor. It has upgrades. Ok. I looked it over and the biggest thing was the steering wheel has all the controls on it vs old one was a looking around for what needed to be turned on. Instrument panel was totally different. Price was the same as the one I bought in July I just took a hit on trade as was told once used there's no more factory warranty. So selling them is harder??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
Hope so too. It can be expensive trading
Ike that (ask me how I know!) but it’s hard to put a price on happy and certainly there are lemons out there. It totally sucks if you find that you got one. Decent odds that you won’t get two in a row.
Old 11-09-2019, 08:01 PM   #10

State: Alaska
THOR #8813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davie200 View Post
Well it was just to many problems for this coach. From leaking window, electric bed rattling, pulling to the right, check engine light, no power, batteries dying, can't get home started, slides not operating, hub cap falling off, front defroster not working, metal shavings floating down from up front and wood chips blowing up from exchangers,camping trips being canceled, its just to much. Dropped home off on Thursday for windshield repair, the 31st Oct, I blew all water out off home before I took it just in case. Forgot to dump antifreeze in traps just in case so drove to service area hour away to take care of that just in case. Saturday 2 Nov, 1st Nov windshield was to be fixed which was friday. Asked if I could drive up to get it done since it was parked in service area. Ok. Great. As I drove up window was still taped up. WTF. Well now I'm not happy at all. Pretty mad. Went to service dept and asked what happened. Well the guys showed up and pushed on the windshield and it moved not to there liking saying I was lucky it didn't fall off. I was like what? Well now what? We have to replace the trim. Huh. Its rotted. Good grief. How long? Not sure. Parts on order. Why wasn't I called to tell what happened. Service guy said I told you I would call on Monday. I said yeah but that was for the other issues not windshield. Good grief. Not happy. Pretty POd. While I was up the top with home I started looking at other homes up there. I seen from corner of my eye a model same as mine. 36.3 2020 Plazzo. Hmmm. I walked away from service to sales and said can I look at that home. Ok. Off we went. I than asked can I take it for a spin. Hmmm. I than said I have my home just like it up on the lot. Ok let me get the dealer plate. Cool. Same year same model same interior color same same put upgraded electronics. Engine instrument cluster totally different, smart steering wheel with all the required driving stuff on the wheel. Other had gauges switches you had to look around for, automatical exhaust break. Way cooler. Ok. I'll take it. Whoa whoa whoa. Say what. I'm done with that other home. Way to much wrong. Its gonna nickle and dime me to death. What?? Yep I want that home. Take mine back let's deal. Well long story short. Come the 7th of November I have a new home. Praying that I don't have the problems with it. It's a crap shoot but heck what isn't. Wish me luck, and Thor company you'll be hearing from me on monday. The dealer mumbled something about not honoring the factory warranty, which I took a hit on, since it's a used unit for a future owner. Oh yeah since new post those that haven't followed I bought this home July 10. Problems ever since. Yes it's a lemon but there is no lemon law on motorhomes. There are other ways to go about it that I'm looking into. HAPPY CAMPING
And then you bought another Thor? Really?
Old 11-09-2019, 08:53 PM   #11

THOR #15962
So you don't believe in Thor products? If so get off this site. Thor is a great machine. That one was bad. So don't REALLY me. How about that. [emoji107]
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlgorski View Post
And then you bought another Thor? Really?
Old 11-09-2019, 09:37 PM   #12

Model: Axis 25.2
State: Florida
THOR #17050
Some people are just not nice.
I hope you enjoy your new home.
We had to do the lemon law 4 months after we purchased a new mini van. They replaced it with the same make and model of the lemon and no problems at all with the one to replace it.
We still purchase our vehicles from the sale dealer.
They really should have lemon laws on motorhomes.
Old 11-09-2019, 09:56 PM   #13

Model: Windsport 34E
State: North Carolina
THOR #13360
Did you get the new LED lights with remote control?
Hope the new one meets your needs, good luck and safe travels
Old 11-09-2019, 09:57 PM   #14

THOR #15962
Yes they should about lemon laws on homes. The dealer was really nice in helping me in all my troubles. I really love the new home and pray I don't have the BIG problems. I know I'll have some but I can handle that. Thanks.
Happy Camping
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
Some people are just not nice.
I hope you enjoy your new home.
We had to do the lemon law 4 months after we purchased a new mini van. They replaced it with the same make and model of the lemon and no problems at all with the one to replace it.
We still purchase our vehicles from the sale dealer.
They really should have lemon laws on motorhomes.
Old 11-09-2019, 10:25 PM   #15

State: California
THOR #15490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davie200 View Post
Unfortunately any coach be it trailer or MH is gonna be in and out of the shop for the first year with problems. Ive been through 3 and its just something you have to accept buying new. They are all made by hand so cuts on cabinets window opening and such arent going to be perfect off the showroom floor. That said. Hopefully the new one has less trips into the shop. My 34J which is my newest has seen the least ammount in the shop of any coach Ive owned thus far with 4 times at 1 month each time in so far and will be 1 year in December.
Old 11-09-2019, 10:41 PM   #16

State: South Dakota
THOR #10760
With my second RV everybody told me that there was not lemon laws for RVs. I contacted a lemon law lawyer about my situation, he said I have never tried before and there are no statues on the books but what the heck! He filed a letter with the manufacturer, not Thor, stating that the RV was a lemon and the reasons why laid out a case, filed with the courts, the next we know the manufacture was contacting him about a settlement. We received a check for everything we put into it, all of our fees for storage, all fees for camping memberships, etc. and he received a check for his fees. After an extensive search we bought a new 2014 Challenger and still have it.
Old 11-10-2019, 03:01 PM   #17

THOR #831
somebody got rid of it for a reason!
Old 11-10-2019, 04:14 PM   #18

THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvmatador View Post
With my second RV everybody told me that there was not lemon laws for RVs. I contacted a lemon law lawyer about my situation, he said I have never tried before and there are no statues on the books but what the heck! He filed a letter with the manufacturer, not Thor, stating that the RV was a lemon and the reasons why laid out a case, filed with the courts, the next we know the manufacture was contacting him about a settlement. We received a check for everything we put into it, all of our fees for storage, all fees for camping memberships, etc. and he received a check for his fees. After an extensive search we bought a new 2014 Challenger and still have it.
Exactly this.
Whatever the reason our op exchanged his rv it wasn't due to research he had done about recourse and warranty.

You were healed due to a lemon settlement.
My used Thor was cured under warranty.
Old 11-11-2019, 12:24 AM   #19

THOR #15962
Wrong. Warranty I research extensively. Pick extended accordingly. You don't know me. You have no right to Express my knowledge there for like your handme you sir are a duckface. If you really believe you are the best answer to this site think again. I've seen what you post some are down right wrong. Are you a mole for another manufacturer. My new home after supposedly being fixed was not under warranty. Let's keep pushing it out. He'll just keep coming back till he moves on. Well I made a decision to cut my loss on that unit and move on. It was raining hard that day, no leaks, no rattling, no steering problems, nada. Hoping it stays that way. Even got some cash for trade in and a nice gift card. So duckface duck face off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
Exactly this.
Whatever the reason our op exchanged his rv it wasn't due to research he had done about recourse and warranty.

You were healed due to a lemon settlement.
My used Thor was cured under warranty.
Old 11-11-2019, 12:43 AM   #20

THOR #13932
I applaud the op for making the decision to be happy.
So many here don't make the decision.
Whether it's a modification or an entire change.
See my congratulations on your excellent decision in post #2

I'm sorry.
I didn't mean it offensive.
You said there is no lemon law, you said there is no used warranty.

What needed said, for those not knowledgeable or shopping or purchasing a slightly used unit or bought a bad unit:
Thor warranties their used vehicle for me.
Lemon law is available on rv.

The thread is misleading as to the facts.
It wasn't personal.
Research would have found different from your post. That's all I'm saying.

Folks don't need scared. They need help from those who have succeeded