Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 06-15-2020, 03:08 AM   #21
MLP

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #17478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Drone View Post
I see you mentioned installing a RVLock on your Palazzo 33.2. We are confused on RVLock's website about which lock will fit our 33.2. What model of RV Lock did you install on yours? Was it a good initial fit or require any modification? Can you send a pick of the outside/inside please?

The RV Lock is:
CLASS C/A RVLock Keyless Entry Door Handle- RIGHT × 1

For the pictures, I cannot change the rotation and need to get some touch up paint to cover the white area now expose. The lock just fit into the opening with about 3/16 inch increase in the size of the current opening using a Dremel tool.. After working the lock with the door open, I closed it and locked it. Bad move if you left the keys inside. The dead bolt was just scraping the deadbolt opening and would not fully retract. I have a lot of small custom made tools. One was perfect for reaching into the thin opening and was able to walk the deadbolt back into the lock. One cannot do this when the deadbolt is in the lock setting so it is safe. If I had the key, it would have easily opened. I know because I tried it. I had to file the edge of the door opening for the deadbolt. Install took about an hour. I added the door handle to make it easy to close. Purchased it at Lows.

Note that my rig was in the shop, four months, under an extended warranty. The main slide had to be removed, a new frame installed, and put back together. COVAR 19 had a lot to do with the delay along with the manufacture of the slide frame redesigning it with new part numbers. Getting the wrong size parts and a shutdown added to the fun. The new frame is much stronger and will not bend as the original. So I have not had time to get touch up paint made for the rig. Another thing on the list to do.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0198.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	24257   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0199.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	24258  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0200.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	24259  

Old 07-08-2021, 09:48 PM   #22

Model: 2017 Vegas 24.1
State: Colorado
THOR #21565
AMEN! I've put two Trimark on my 2017 Vegas 24.1 (the tall narrow lock, 030-0900) and BOTH have failed; been locked out and even a new one won't open the bottom lock with the factory OEM keys; neither lock did. I'd give ANYTHING if ANYONE but TriMark made a lockset for it...
Old 08-05-2022, 04:48 PM   #23

Model: Hurricane 34J
THOR #26100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimeth1616 View Post
AMEN! I've put two Trimark on my 2017 Vegas 24.1 (the tall narrow lock, 030-0900) and BOTH have failed; been locked out and even a new one won't open the bottom lock with the factory OEM keys; neither lock did. I'd give ANYTHING if ANYONE but TriMark made a lockset for it...
Me too!!!! I hate the trimark latch. So frustrating that we are stuck with no other options because of the weird size/style.
Old 09-22-2022, 06:10 PM   #24

Model: Axis 25.4
THOR #6582
RVLock is releasing a keyless replacement for the Axis/Vegas Trimark 030-090. They call it Atlas. $300. Who's the guinea pig?

https://www.rvlock.com/collections/c...a-c-motorhomes
Hellwig sway bars F&R, 235/85 Hankook ATM, alignment...HUGE!!!
Battery watering, 260watts Solar and BigFeets to make life easier.
gnach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 06:24 PM   #25

Model: Palazzo 36.1
State: Tennessee
THOR #11607
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnach View Post
RVLock is releasing a keyless replacement for the Axis/Vegas Trimark 030-090. They call it Atlas. $300. Who's the guinea pig?

I've used RVLock products for years on multiple RVs. I would have no problem getting one of these if I had an Axis/Vegas. Changing to an RVLock is my first upgrade.

Glad they are expanding their product base.
TripleGGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 07:01 PM   #26

THOR #26100
I will preorder if I can and I'll be the first to put one on. I had RVLock on my older RV and it was AMAZING. Can't WAIT!!!
Old 09-22-2022, 07:57 PM   #27

THOR #6582
Quote:

They are offering a bluetooth option, $60. It seems to be able to retrofit AFAIK. I'll pass on that feature for now.
Old 09-22-2022, 08:38 PM   #28

THOR #6582
Quote:

NO-O-O-O!

My bad! The fitment on this new lock is for a handle that is set back 2.25"-2.75" from the door edge. I spoke with phone answering guy, who said the unit has not been released yet, but the deadbolt is too long (for some hi-tone, Gucchi rig, although the photo in the Fit Guide shows a Vegas door) He did check that the deadbolt could be cut down to fit, they are working on making a shorter deadbolt. So, hurry up and wait.
Sorry.
Old 09-22-2022, 08:53 PM   #29

THOR #26100
Quote:
NO-O-O-O!

My bad! The fitment on this new lock is for a handle that is set back 2.25"-2.75" from the door edge. I spoke with phone answering guy, who said the unit has not been released yet, but the deadbolt is too long (for some hi-tone, Gucchi rig, although the photo in the Fit Guide shows a Vegas door) He did check that the deadbolt could be cut down to fit, they are working on making a shorter deadbolt. So, hurry up and wait.
Sorry.
I have a Thor Hurricane and hoping it fits.
Old 09-22-2022, 11:54 PM   #30

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
THOR #3156
Quote:
NO-O-O-O!

Sorry.
Ill have to measure the lock and door. Hmm dont really need it but!!!!

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 12:42 AM   #31
MLP

THOR #17478
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLP View Post
The RV Lock is:
CLASS C/A RVLock Keyless Entry Door Handle- RIGHT × 1

For the pictures, I cannot change the rotation and need to get some touch up paint to cover the white area now expose. The lock just fit into the opening with about 3/16 inch increase in the size of the current opening using a Dremel tool.. After working the lock with the door open, I closed it and locked it. Bad move if you left the keys inside. The dead bolt was just scraping the deadbolt opening and would not fully retract. I have a lot of small custom made tools. One was perfect for reaching into the thin opening and was able to walk the deadbolt back into the lock. One cannot do this when the deadbolt is in the lock setting so it is safe. If I had the key, it would have easily opened. I know because I tried it. I had to file the edge of the door opening for the deadbolt. Install took about an hour. I added the door handle to make it easy to close. Purchased it at Lows.

Note that my rig was in the shop, four months, under an extended warranty. The main slide had to be removed, a new frame installed, and put back together. COVAR 19 had a lot to do with the delay along with the manufacture of the slide frame redesigning it with new part numbers. Getting the wrong size parts and a shutdown added to the fun. The new frame is much stronger and will not bend as the original. So I have not had time to get touch up paint made for the rig. Another thing on the list to do.
If you check, the plastic film is over the white and black paint. Same with my Palazzo. I don't care. To paint over that plastic/rubber will require special primer and paint for plastic/rubber. I will live with it. RV locks are the best.
Old 09-26-2022, 07:06 PM   #32

THOR #26100
Here is the measurement on a 2018 Thor Hurricane 34J.

This is what it shows on RVLock's website

And here is what I show on my Thor Hurricane

I'm pretty sure it won't fit unless what gnach said and you can just make the bolt shorter.
Old 09-26-2022, 09:09 PM   #33

Model: Miramar 37.1
THOR #12698
RV Lock support confirmed today that the new Atlas for Class A/C coaches would not fit on my 2022 Thor Miramar 37.1. I sent them a photo of my current door handle/lock and said that they do not make one to fit that style used on my coach. I would have to modify it and they do not know where I would have to make the modifications at this time.

Paul
Old 09-26-2022, 09:16 PM   #34

THOR #26100
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwadley View Post
RV Lock support confirmed today that the new Atlas for Class A/C coaches would not fit on my 2022 Thor Miramar 37.1. I sent them a photo of my current door handle/lock and said that they do not make one to fit that style used on my coach. I would have to modify it and they do not know where I would have to make the modifications at this time.

Paul
YUP.....
Old 10-15-2022, 09:26 PM   #35

THOR #6582
Quote:
NO-O-O-O!

Sorry.
UPDATE!!
An intrepid member of the FB Thor Vegas and Axis Motorhomes private group, Jon Decker, had pre-ordered the new RV Lock Atlas latchset and chose to void his warranty and modified it to fit his Vegas door. He presents a well detailed posting with photos. Warning: not for the faint of heart
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1338...3868038330823/