Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2016, 03:33 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Windsport 27K
State: Virginia
THOR #2314
Kitchen Sink Drain Flex Hose

This one has me scratching my head. The wooden panel under the fridge snaps off. Behind it are numerous loose electrical and plumbing lines which flex as the large slide room moves in and out. The rigid black PVC drain pipe from the sink attaches to a flexible hose - no problem. The other end of this hose, however, connects to a rigid black pipe in the floor that apparently leads to the gray tank. This second connection is what has me confused. It takes place inside of a heavy black canvas bag in the same compartment. The bag is velcroed along one side. When opened, you can easily see the flex hose/rigid PVC connection but there's water pooled in the bottom of the bag. So, what's going on? Is the bag there to contain a possible leak - which is a certainty for me - or did Thor install the bag because they couldn't correct the leak??

Old 01-28-2016, 12:42 PM   #2

Brand: DRV
Model: Dallas
State: Wisconsin
THOR #2170
No bag under my fridge in my Mobile Suites but twice the flexible hose pulled out. Rather poor design I think. If I had the option I'd NEVER have a sink in a slide again. And the flexible hose is not standard plumbing. My hose was either too long and snagging on other hoses in the compartment, or too short. This is something I need to redesign. If the hose pulls out you can't get a bag large enough. I have yet to call the factory, but we hit the road in 2 months and I need to address it. Does anyone know where the hoses are available?
Old 01-28-2016, 06:15 PM   #3

Model: Windsport 27K
State: Florida
THOR #2154
I have a 2015 Windsport 27K as well, and I know about the canvas bag you are describing. It wasn't there because of a leak; actually it is meant to guard against abrasion of the wires and tubing against the floor when the slideout moves.

But, in your case it does sound like it helped to contain the leak.

By the way, on my 27K I moved the electrical box in that same location so it was out of the way. The original installation had it so that the cables were rubbing against it when the slideout moves.

Hope you find the source of the leak.

Tom
Old 01-28-2016, 09:11 PM   #4

Model: ACE 27.1
State: California
THOR #3186
I discovered the bag too. You can get flex hose at almost any DIY etc.
Old 01-28-2016, 10:43 PM   #5

Brand: DRV
Model: Dallas
State: Wisconsin
THOR #2170
I've seen flex hose but it doesn't have the same fittings/size.
Old 01-28-2016, 11:29 PM   #6

Model: ACE 27.1
State: California
THOR #3186
11/2" flex hose and coupling, spas use it too.