Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 12-10-2016, 12:57 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 hurricane 31s
State: Florida
THOR #3836
layouts and schematics

I took oneilkeys advice and filled out the form on thors customer service website. I asked for all of the layout and wiring schematics for my 2016 hurricane 31s. within 6 hours I received 19 pdf files for the whole coach, printed it was 29 pages. it shows all wiring and frame , structure, layout and location. maybe something is changing at thor.

Old 12-10-2016, 02:21 PM   #2

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #5584
Thanks for sharing that. Just did the same thing, heavily plagiarizing your post. Waiting to see what happens.
Old 12-10-2016, 03:32 PM   #3

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Thor didn't hesitate at all in sending the drawings for our coach. I received numerous PDFs, way to many to print. Thor has always been responsive to me with any request I have made since, I can't complain!
Old 12-10-2016, 03:39 PM   #4

Model: 37GT
THOR #5246
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopshop View Post
I took oneilkeys advice and filled out the form on thors customer service website. I asked for all of the layout and wiring schematics for my 2016 hurricane 31s. within 6 hours I received 19 pdf files for the whole coach, printed it was 29 pages. it shows all wiring and frame , structure, layout and location. maybe something is changing at thor.
I have only owned my MH for less than a year. Our two previous Montana fivers (Thor parent company) wouldn't or couldn't have provided any type of diagrams if requested. Their customer service was a joke.

Per advise on this forum I asked Thor for drawing/diagrams on my Challenger and received them immediately. A few months later while repairing a water fitting leak I called them again to see if they had a specific more detailed diagram. The customer service rep e-mailed the exact drawing I needed right to my phone while I was still working on the coach.

Don't know how they used to be, but they sure have responded 100% to my needs so far.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 01:41 PM   #5

THOR #5584
And Thor came through again. Received an email with ten pdfs of the tech specs for my coach. Much appreciated.
Old 12-17-2016, 03:13 PM   #6

Model: Axis 24.1
THOR #4366
That's what I got was 10. Doesn't show any of the relay wiring, still need a lot more info. Last e-mail I sent suggested calling tech support.
Wrangler JK dinghy
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 08:12 PM   #7

THOR #5584
Good idea; I might try that after I figure out what I have and still need, if anything. Thank you!
Old 06-18-2021, 09:42 PM   #8

State: Oklahoma
THOR #8223
New Thor resource

I’m reengaging on this old topic in case it helps anyone searching for diagrams from Thor as I recently was.

When I contacted Thor a week or so ago, I wasn’t brushed off and told to contact my dealer/service center for the electrical schematic as happened before (2019 or 2020) but was referred to an "owners resource" page. https://www.thormotorcoach.com/owners/ then go to Owners resource login (https://www.thormotorcoach.com/owner-resource/)

I was amazed at the manuals, schematics, water line layouts, LP gas diagrams, etc that were available. I do t know how new that site is but I wanted to share in case it helps someone else.
Old 06-18-2021, 09:57 PM   #9
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoeg View Post
I’m reengaging on this old topic in case it helps anyone searching for diagrams from Thor as I recently was.

When I contacted Thor a week or so ago, I wasn’t brushed off and told to contact my dealer/service center for the electrical schematic as happened before (2019 or 2020) but was referred to an "owners resource" page. https://www.thormotorcoach.com/owners/ then go to Owners resource login (https://www.thormotorcoach.com/owner-resource/)

I was amazed at the manuals, schematics, water line layouts, LP gas diagrams, etc that were available. I do t know how new that site is but I wanted to share in case it helps someone else.
It's been around for a few years and been mentioned many time on this forum, especially in "newbie" threads where they were looking for these diagrams. It's a good resource and something to keep fresh in the forum.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 10:33 PM   #10

THOR #8223
Wow! What’s most surprising is that no Thor rep ever directed me there. I guess it all depends upon who answers at a given time! :-)

Anyway, I was so pleased I had to share! If this “refresher” helps someone in their searches, then it’s all for good. :-)

Paul
Old 06-18-2021, 10:42 PM   #11

THOR #8223
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoeg View Post
Wow! What’s most surprising is that no Thor rep ever directed me there. I guess it all depends upon who answers at a given time! :-)

Anyway, I was so pleased I had to share! If this “refresher” helps someone in their searches, then it’s all for good. :-)

Paul
Well, no Thor rep until now! I gotta give proper credit! :-D
Old 06-19-2021, 03:58 AM   #12

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Are system schematic PDFs available at that sight? I created a login, and browsed a lot of manuals and how-to videos, but could not find schematics. I'm thinking the dealer where I purchased my rig has a tight grip on those... but I haven't tried yet. It would be SWEET to have the system drawings to locate components, trace wiring etc. Is this too good to be true?
Old 06-19-2021, 09:43 AM   #13

Model: Quantum JM31
State: Tennessee
THOR #21926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
Are system schematic PDFs available at that sight? I created a login, and browsed a lot of manuals and how-to videos, but could not find schematics. I'm thinking the dealer where I purchased my rig has a tight grip on those... but I haven't tried yet. It would be SWEET to have the system drawings to locate components, trace wiring etc. Is this too good to be true?
What year is your coach? We have a 2022 and Thor has not put any schematics or drawings specific to our coach on that site yet. Maybe they are overwhelmed by the onslaught of new RV orders. I know these drawings exist because we had some electrical questions and they emailed me a PDF of the electrical routing.
Bob Nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 01:56 PM   #14

THOR #8223
For mine I got the layouts for the fresh and waste water systems; LP gas layout; and electrical for battery compartment, control/monitor panel, and a couple others. They’re schematics in sections, not a full one for the whole RV as I imagine it, but it’s plenty enough to get me started and know what color wires connect to what.

My schematic fire was named “All Hurricane-Windsport (HA-WA), 2016” and was the only file for mine under Schematics.

As the other response said, maybe more recent years aren’t available yet.
Old 06-19-2021, 02:16 PM   #15

Model: Four Winds 28A
State: California
THOR #21941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Nodine View Post
What year is your coach? We have a 2022 and Thor has not put any schematics or drawings specific to our coach on that site yet. Maybe they are overwhelmed by the onslaught of new RV orders. I know these drawings exist because we had some electrical questions and they emailed me a PDF of the electrical routing.
For those schematics that weren't on the website, Customer Service emailed them to me. Also answered many questions.

Watchdog hardwired EMS, Alignment, Roadmaster front sway bar, vent covers, Dew Gutter
waynetaylor55 is offline   Reply With Quote