Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 01-19-2021, 12:07 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Massachusetts
THOR #21704
LCI Auto Level Help- Tech issue

Have LCI auto leveler system.

.---------****ERROR**** Retraction timeout"

======ALSO in read out "Return Leveler for service"

Was fine till one jack scrapped the ground after leaving the gas station. They do retract and auto level. BUT I have a service error I can not turn off. Also the level control beeps to signal the error code...---------****ERROR**** Retraction timeout"

======ALSO in read out "Return Leveler for service"
Anyone had a reset issue that can help. In the past I could press the retract and enter together to reset. No such luck. Also the on/off will not shut off the display

Old 01-19-2021, 01:41 PM   #2

Model: Miramar 32.2
State: Texas
THOR #14520
Try this

Lippert Hydraulic Ultra-Level Fix
Reset system by holding all four front-back-left-right buttons until lights clear.

Two other potential items:
1) Bad pressure sensor?
2) Be sure that you have enough fluid in the reservoir when retracted

Had to call Lippert after a similar problem and the four buttons reset the system.
Old 01-19-2021, 02:44 PM   #3

THOR #21704
Thanks I will try your suggestions. Want to try to have the error gone before I travel this week. I believe the fluid should be checked either way. I don't want the jacks drifting down while moving.
Old 01-19-2021, 03:40 PM   #4

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum View Post
Thanks I will try your suggestions. Want to try to have the error gone before I travel this week. I believe the fluid should be checked either way. I don't want the jacks drifting down while moving.
Jacks SHOULD never drift down while traveling. The jacks system uses the pressure pump to retract the jacks. The shutoff pressure is about 1500 psi and when the pressure reach this level the system assumes the jacks are retracted. There is also a timer than sets when retract is commanded (usually about 45 seconds). If the pressure hasn't risen to the 1,500 psi level by that time the system assumes there is a leak somewhere. Anytime the parking brake is off and the ignition is in the run position, the pressure in the jack return line is monitored. Should the pressure drops below about 800 psi the pump will come on and repressurize the system. This probably happens several times during a long days trip given the temperature changes and rough roads.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 03:58 PM   #5

THOR #21704
Quantum Leveler Jacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
Jacks SHOULD never drift down while traveling. The jacks system uses the pressure pump to retract the jacks. The shutoff pressure is about 1500 psi and when the pressure reach this level the system assumes the jacks are retracted. There is also a timer than sets when retract is commanded (usually about 45 seconds). If the pressure hasn't risen to the 1,500 psi level by that time the system assumes there is a leak somewhere. Anytime the parking brake is off and the ignition is in the run position, the pressure in the jack return line is monitored. Should the pressure drops below about 800 psi the pump will come on and repressurize the system. This probably happens several times during a long days trip given the temperature changes and rough roads.
Once again you have been able to put my concerns to rest. Your reaching out is a true sign of greatness.....Really, thanks a bunch for the help
Old 01-19-2021, 11:36 PM   #6

Model: Windsport 27K
State: Ohio
THOR #989
Great info on how the system works. Thanks
Old 01-20-2021, 12:22 AM   #7

THOR #21704
Quote:
Originally Posted by John & Diane View Post
Great info on how the system works. Thanks
Beau388 Have been a treasure of information and extremely helpful.

Thanks guy's

Quantum
Ed