Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-06-2019, 07:45 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Hurricane 29M
State: Florida
THOR #9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC8RXQ View Post
The leak.
You know it puts a real damper on things when you spend two really nice days at an RV park only to find water on the driver's seat the morning you have to leave. The water evidently came from leaks around one or two of the overhead marker lights which migrated to the driver's side area. We dried things out inside and during a lull in the rain showers I went on top and applied narrow strips of Eternabond tape around the bases of all the lenses. We drove through some heavy rains on our wat to Birmingham and haven't seen any more leake but we are at a campground for the evening and will see how the repair holds up since it's raining again/still/more! Oh well, the rain should wash off the salt spray and the bugs😞

The "something new".
One thing I did notice, when I was investigating things, is that there is not one bit of insulation in the cabover cap. Is that typical for Thor's Sprinter Class C's? I only have the Synergy brochure and it doesn't give any indication of insulation whatsoever between that front fiberglass cap and the interior "liner".

Thanks for any feedback and we really do enjoy "Ming" even with all of its peculiarities.
We have an ACE 2017 and have drips coming in on the dash, right under the lights you're talking about by the steering wheel and runs back to drip by the driver's window onto the leveling panel. How did you get the little light out to seal behind it or is it just as good to caulk around it from the outside?

Old 01-06-2019, 08:13 PM   #22

Model: Synergy TT24
State: West Virginia
THOR #3433
It was raining when I found and repaired the marker light leak. I cut strips of Eternabond and molded/pressed them around the bases of each marker lens and so far they have not leaked.
KC8RXQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 10:00 PM   #23

THOR #9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC8RXQ View Post
It was raining when I found and repaired the marker light leak. I cut strips of Eternabond and molded/pressed them around the bases of each marker lens and so far they have not leaked.
Thanks Ed. So you didn't have to take the lights out to do it. Glad it worked out for you...I'm going to give it a while

GB
Old 01-07-2019, 07:12 PM   #24

THOR #9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfbum18 View Post
Thanks Ed. So you didn't have to take the lights out to do it. Glad it worked out for you...I'm going to give it a while

GB
I looked at an ACE that is in our storage area today and low and behold....the marker lights over the windshield....5 of them, all had rubber grommets. Another slip up by Thor?
Old 06-18-2023, 07:17 PM   #25

State: Alabama
THOR #14401
Hello has anyone ever replaced the overhead cab lights on the front roof of a 2018 Thor Vegas 25.3?