Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-26-2021, 05:11 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Colorado
THOR #21829
2015 ace 29.2

We recently purchased the MH but due to weather here in Colorado immediately put it into storage for a couple of months until spring, 45 miles away from here. Is does not have a slide topper but there are brackets and rail there that suggest it did. There was no information on it in the documents we received on the topper but it appears to be a Carefree OEM by looking at the existing brackets on the slide. Camping World insists we bring it in to measure the slide and then come back in 8-12 weeks to get it installed. If we wait for decent travel weather going to Denver and as these are now 8-12 weeks out on delivery I would not get it installed until late summer.

Thor has not been very helpful either saying to take it to the dealer for measurements. Not very convenient.

Not being rocket science to install I would like to order one, fully knowing it is a special order and not returnable. That way it should be here and installed before I hit the road in late March or April. I measured the overall slide length at 14'-5" but did not measure the slide depth.

Can anyone out there confirm the slide out dimensions of their 29.2 for me?

Old 01-26-2021, 05:47 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.2
State: Massachusetts
THOR #8180
Standard size topper would be 14’6”. Google search shows several sources for them. I’m not sure Thor would make an oddball size topper of 14’5”. They pull from companies who make these things standard. The cost for Thor to order a non-standard topper would be prohibitive. And in a “low-end” coach? [emoji848]