Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 08-24-2019, 04:58 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.3
State: Tennessee
THOR #4796
Overhead bed malfunction

2016 Vegas 25.3. In the past, we had overloaded the overhead bunk that is above the cockpit. When retracting the bunk back to the ceiling, it had gone slightly crooked. But simply bringing it back down and then lifting it back up with the button straightened it out and locked it back in place. Today, we are preparing for a trip that is supposed to last about a month, and of course we had the bunk down while putting a few lightweight , flat items up there, and now when we tried to lift it back up it goes at an angle after going up 1/3 of the way. I examined the track and there doesn't seem to be anything that it's hanging up on. Do any of you guys know what the problem might be, or how to fix it?

Old 08-25-2019, 01:47 PM   #2

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
I see you have no responses so far and although I am not familiar with your coach it sounds like your bunk motors are out of sync (as a minimum.....assuming no other blockages or damage). I think all these front drop down beds use the same motors and controller that slides use so it is also important for the coach to be level on jacks if equipped and that you operate the bed to its maximum up or down position and hold the operating key switch for about 5 seconds after the up or down limit positions are reached. This allows the motor controller to make sure the motor positions are synced correctly. Attaching a video on the operation.

Old 08-25-2019, 01:55 PM   #3
Site Team

Model: Axis 24.1 Windjammer
State: Illinois
THOR #7074
Everything stated above. I always make sure I am plugged in or on generator power for the maximum amount of battery current while performing slide out or bed raising or lowering.
Hellwig 7718 Front Sway Bar & 7180 Rear Sway Bar
Koni FSD Front Shocks 8805-1042 / Koni FSD Rear Shocks 8805-1043
revjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 12:25 AM   #4

State: Pennsylvania
THOR #5919
The LCI app very helpful. My 16 wind sport had a motor bad set code in module above drivers compartment. flashes repair codes. After motor replacement found the track was bent when it cocked and stopped. remove the 2 trim panels that cover track and check to see if track is binding. Had to take a pry bar and bend track back to allow clearance. never had a problem after that.
Old 08-27-2019, 01:08 AM   #5

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
My over head bunk did that a couple of time when new. I reset it at the controller and it worked out ok.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote