Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 10-01-2020, 03:43 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Wisconsin
THOR #12712
Leaky Slide

I have a 2017 ARIA 3601. My bedroom slide with the bed leaks water when it rains and the slide is closed. When it is open and it rains no leak. Now it is not coming in around the sides or top, but the water is getting inside the slide and running out on the floor. A slide is nothing more then a shoe box placed on its side, so how can rain get inside and run out on the bottom right corner. I have caulked everything I can see on the outside. The top of the slide is dry.

Old 10-01-2020, 04:36 PM   #2

State: Texas
THOR #4631
Had same issue 2015 Vegas. Replaced all seals to start with and final fix being sure when slide out all seals lined up properly at top where they meet
You need to check inside as much as possible and outside
I have small telescoping camera I use a lot to get in dark corners
Trial and error on this fix
You could b holding water in that awning that usually extends when out
Takes some time to go thru steps and use water hose to check what is going on
My issue started after 3 in driving rain and took couple trips to repair shop to finally get seals right
Old 10-02-2020, 01:24 AM   #3

State: Wisconsin
THOR #12712
Yes I think my next step is to replace the gaskets. I like the idea of the small camera. Thanks for your help.
Old 10-02-2020, 02:54 AM   #4

Model: Aria 3901
State: Florida
THOR #6952
I am having the same issue with the bedroom slide in my 2019 Aria 3901. It only leaks when the slide is in. I also just caulked and cannot see any reason for the leak. Let's keep everyone updated on how we fix the problem.
Old 10-02-2020, 03:19 AM   #5

THOR #4631
Hope u find quickly. That water can pool and always seems to run out from one side or other and can b puzzling!!
Old 10-02-2020, 04:35 PM   #6

State: Massachusetts
THOR #12830
Take a real close look even above the slide where the roof liner folds into the side. Even the slightest tiniest slit can leak. I had that issue, only leaked when closed.
Old 11-14-2020, 09:13 PM   #7

Model: 2016 A.C.E. 27.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #17813
I'm having the same problem. Found out the molding on the outside of the slide was not sealed properly esp. at the corner. Also the exterior speaker was allowing water to leak into the slide channel when closed. I caulked all of that and am still having a leak inside the slide channel which gets into the coach. Can't figure out where the water is coming from. Have poured water all over the area but still no leak until it rains.
Old 11-14-2020, 09:30 PM   #8

Brand: Still Looking
THOR #13380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul0138 View Post
I'm having the same problem. Found out the molding on the outside of the slide was not sealed properly esp. at the corner. Also the exterior speaker was allowing water to leak into the slide channel when closed. I caulked all of that and am still having a leak inside the slide channel which gets into the coach. Can't figure out where the water is coming from. Have poured water all over the area but still no leak until it rains.
I cannot stress enough to be sure your rubberized seal is in good shape. I had to replace Factory original within 3 yr of new, due too really cheap seals and even tho stored took a beating in TX heat
It does not take much of a slit to create water entry when is exposed to rain.