Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 02-11-2018, 11:33 PM   #1
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 Windjammer
State: Illinois
THOR #7074
60 min. Tonight CC Laws

...i have read many threads here on this.
The House has passed a bill that would allow Americans licensed to carry concealed firearms in their own states to bring those weapons legally into other states. The president also supports the bill, called the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act.

Hellwig 7718 Front Sway Bar & 7180 Rear Sway Bar
Koni FSD Front Shocks 8805-1042 / Koni FSD Rear Shocks 8805-1043
revjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 12:00 AM   #2

Model: Gemini 23TR
State: California
THOR #6701
Since 60 Minutes will put their own spin on this, is there a web site that covers this? I check the reciprocity list often but so far have seen nothing of a nation wide reciprocity. Originally there was a push for this with the exception that: if your state did not offer reciprocity an Out of State License from a state other than your home state would qualify. I will be watching with interest. Thanks for the reminder.
Old 02-12-2018, 01:24 AM   #3

Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Arizona
THOR #7863
From the dot gov Congress page...

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...y+act%22%5D%7D
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper,
Is that good men do nothing.
Mike in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 01:29 AM   #4

THOR #7863
Two things I think worth noting.

1 - the CCW holder would be able to carry in any state which allows concealed carry, and must abide by that state’s laws (not the issuing state’s laws).

2 - it would allow CCW holders to carry concealed on federal lands open to the public. Currently, we can’t carry in national parks. I ride with the Patriot Guard Riders, and nearly every mission is at the National Veterans Memorial Cemetery here in Phoenix. We can not carry there, so guys who come from, often, a long distance to honor the deceased veteran must forego their right to carry.
Old 02-12-2018, 02:03 AM   #5

Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
THOR #7205
Thanks for posting about the show. I will be watching/recording.
Old 02-12-2018, 04:19 AM   #6

Model: S.O.B.
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in AZ View Post
Two things I think worth noting.

1 - the CCW holder would be able to carry in any state which allows concealed carry, and must abide by that state’s laws (not the issuing state’s laws).

2 - it would allow CCW holders to carry concealed on federal lands open to the public. Currently, we can’t carry in national parks. I ride with the Patriot Guard Riders, and nearly every mission is at the National Veterans Memorial Cemetery here in Phoenix. We can not carry there, so guys who come from, often, a long distance to honor the deceased veteran must forego their right to carry.
https://www.nps.gov/yell/learn/manag...ndpolicies.htm

I know that CCW issue in national parks was an issue at one time. Does not appear that it has been for a few years.
Old 02-12-2018, 05:02 AM   #7

Model: ACE 30.2
State: Massachusetts
THOR #8180
This bill will have it's trouble passing the Senate, those that would like to abolish the 2nd Amendment. I would be surprised if the Senate could muster enough "yes" votes. Liberal Republicans (oxymoron) like John McCain will be the downfall of this bill in the Senate.
Old 02-12-2018, 05:21 AM   #8

Model: 22FE
State: Washington
THOR #8606
As a CCW carrier for years, I do hope it passes however, there are several liberal run states that "will not" go along with this at all, hands down. As far as carry where it is not allowed, that's still one's own personal choice and decision as some still do regardless.
Old 02-12-2018, 05:24 AM   #9

THOR #7863
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis earl View Post
https://www.nps.gov/yell/learn/manag...ndpolicies.htm

I know that CCW issue in national parks was an issue at one time. Does not appear that it has been for a few years.
Thanks Earl, I did not know the National Parks Service changed their prohibition, that’s good to know!

I also didn’t know, till I just looked it up, that many national veterans cemeteries are administered by the VA. The VA prohibits firearms.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/38/1.218
Old 02-12-2018, 11:14 AM   #10

Model: A. C. E. 30.1
State: Indiana
THOR #1488
You may carry in national parks if the state it is in recognizes your CCW. I am a member of my local American Legion Honor Guard and cannot carry at the nearby National Cemetry because it is on VA property. Jim.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:54 PM   #11
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
As much as I'd love to see this Bill become law: it won't stand a chance in the Senate...

(CC holder since 1981)
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 03:43 AM   #12

State: Alaska
THOR #8813
I hope it passes. It is ridiculous on how all the states are different. 2 nd amendment it should be a federal license.
Old 02-14-2018, 03:43 AM   #13

THOR #8813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
As much as I'd love to see this Bill become law: it won't stand a chance in the Senate...

(CC holder since 1981)

Especially with crying Shumer
Old 02-14-2018, 04:04 AM   #14

THOR #8180
There is, of course, a way around all this nonsense. Take the decision right out of the States hands and issue a Federal Concealed Carry Permit. Program administration would have to be through te ATF but a small oversght committee could be had to monitor that. Third party non-gov't group would provide oversite to the program as checks-and-balances. But like the FBI and DOJ corruption being on the Clinton payroll the ATF may just refuse to comply.
Old 02-14-2018, 04:09 AM   #15

THOR #7980
It baffles me to think an agency like the VA can supercede the 2nd amendment and simply declare a no firearm zone. And no to any federal license the right already is the 2nd amendment period. The government can't declare who gets a permit.
Old 02-14-2018, 04:32 AM   #16

THOR #8180
Sooo by your statement then nut cases, criminals and illegals have a right to carry because of the 2nd amendment? Go ahead and get caught concealed carrying in a permit only state and claim the 2nd amendment...lemme know how that felony charge works out for you. This as exactly why the receprocity agreement is on the table because claiming the 2nd amendment in permit state without a permit gets you a felony charge. I'm simply saying a FCCP supercedes the States authority.
Old 02-14-2018, 04:42 AM   #17

THOR #7980
The fact is criminals do have the same rights as everyone else whether we like it or not, though I am sure the writers of the 2nd did not foresee this problem. I am a full time rv,er and I am very well aware of the complexity of the laws. I simply ask how any law stops criminal behavior? So no a federal system is not the answer. The 2nd is the law even with its flaws.
Old 02-14-2018, 04:56 AM   #18

Model: S.O.B.
THOR #3483
CCWs

Folks.... I see where this is going in the discussion and I am not the forum discussion warden, but....

One of the reasons I like this forum is because I can leave the politics of Facebook behind, leave the politics of FoxNews, etc., behind and delve into something fairly defined, yet flexible, like how to handle and tweak a RV.

I could easily chime in with my beliefs on the 2nd Amendment, federal oversight, how things would be if I was in charge but I won't because of what I said in my previous paragraph. I will leave it at this. If you don't want to carry a firearm in your RV, don't. If you think others don't need to carry, you have the right to that opinion too. People who legally carry in their RV will do so, no matter how much you object to the issue. You will have no idea who is doing so when you pass them on the road so don't worry about the others. Drive safe, get to where you want to get and remember that eventually you will have to hang up your keys. Enjoy it while you can.
Old 02-14-2018, 12:20 PM   #19
Site Team

Brand: Crossroads
Model: CF32BL
State: Mississippi
THOR #121
Yes it is time to end this thread
The wonder Schnauzers
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 01:13 PM   #20
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
It's not technically a Political discussion: it's a discussion that encompasses our Society's apparent need to protect us from our own opinions, and our personal views about personal freedoms...

If you can't have an honest discussion, and agree to disagree every once in a while: you're just too immature to play with open forums.
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote