Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-30-2015, 10:44 PM   #21
Member
 
Taking Flight's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Hurricane 31S
State: Virginia
Posts: 40
THOR #2130
Thanks Darren, I'll keep that in mind.

__________________
Taking Flight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 01:51 AM   #22
Member
 
Squid's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Texas
Posts: 74
THOR #3609
Hey all
Just saw my front led lights come on for the first time around the head lights last camp out.. Don't know what I have done diffrent ... What turns them off and on??
Have been looking for a designated switch..
__________________
Squid
2015 Axis 24.1
Austin,Texas
Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 02:16 AM   #23
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast
 
JamieGeek's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Michigan
Posts: 9,623
THOR #1150
On ours the LEDs turn on with the key and stay on (they may turn off when the headlights are on--haven't checked that).
__________________
2014 Thor Axis 24.1
2021 Mach-E
blog - https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 11:47 PM   #24
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Colorado
Posts: 33
THOR #4179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tytlfamily View Post
Just out of curiosity.......has anyone tried to have them replaced under warranty? I could see Thor saying they are lights, like headlights, and bulbs are not covered under warranty????
During my walk thru, the CW mechanic told me that none of the regular bulbs are covered on the warranty but the LEDs were.
__________________
UX108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 12:35 AM   #25
Member
 
Taking Flight's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Hurricane 31S
State: Virginia
Posts: 40
THOR #2130
LED lights,

When my unit was delivered a couple LED's under the headlight were out, and they were replaced. At the same time some awning LED's ere out and these were replaced at the same time. The unit is a month past its warranty expiration, but some awning LED's are out. The MH was at the selling dealers lot for about the 6 weeks prior to the warranty expiration. They think Thor will still cover it.

If you are at initial delivery I don't know why you would not get a light bulb replaced by the selling dealer.
__________________
Rob Anderson
Manassas VA
2015 Thor Hurricane 31S
2015 Jeep Wrangler Willy
Blue Ox Tow Bar and attachment Plate/SMI Brake System
Taking Flight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 04:23 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
Nursx2's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Hurricane 34 J
State: Ohio
Posts: 611
THOR #1295
See my post - got two brand new ones under warranty - course they were exact same ones which are cracking up just like the original ones did so why bother!? Will order different ones soon.
__________________
Darren
2015 Thor Hurricane 34 J
Custom paint 2019 (Pro Custom Inc., Elkhart, IN)
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport 6 speed manual
(THOR)
Nursx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 08:14 PM   #27
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Massachusetts
Posts: 12
THOR #4244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nursx2 View Post
Attachment 730

Here they are - UPS priority 2 days later! Wow!

Tyt, I contacted Thor initially via their form letter generator on their website about the front LED driving lights. When I noticed the awning lights I replied to their email with additional pictures (the email is below),
Darren

wsupport@tmcrv.com
HI Nursx2 - I know its 3 years later... Curious as to how these replacements worked out for you...??? I've had some of the drivers side LED's burned out at delivery in Aug 2014 and progressivly more have burned out... In addition, this summer, I noticed one side is a yellow tint and the other side is blue-ish.
__________________
TTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 04:36 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Nursx2's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Hurricane 34 J
State: Ohio
Posts: 611
THOR #1295
I hate to say this for fear of jinxing it but the front LED light have worked fine. The lights to look at them have started to fade and crack just like the original ones but the lights all work - none burned out.

The awning light replacement lasted one weekend. ONE WEEKEND!!!

A 6 inch section burned out the second weekend we were out. Extremely disheartening!! These cost $55.00 to replace and I will not be spending that money to get the same crappy product. I will instead cut and splice the attaching plug and purchase a cheaper $15.00 set from eBay. I have these installed under the RV and, although they do not last more than a year, the price is much cheaper. They may not fit in the awning grove as well, but will be cheaper. Until carefree gets their shit together and increases the quality of the lights, or reduces the price, the cheaper LAD strips will be my go to replacement.

Darren
__________________
Darren
2015 Thor Hurricane 34 J
Custom paint 2019 (Pro Custom Inc., Elkhart, IN)
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport 6 speed manual
(THOR)
Nursx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 12:00 AM   #29
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31s
State: California
Posts: 6
THOR #4758
This Forum has been very helpful to me.. So here is return in kind.


I had the same issues. Thor replaced all LEDs, awning and both DLRs (Day light running lights) under warranty (Once). Found the part numbers for the lights from Thor:
Part# 0300678 for left
Part# 0300679 for right


Called Camping world to order as Thor won't sell consumer replacement parts..
Not so good for us. That was a week ago still waiting for a call back from Camping world.
Called another Camping World talked to the parts manager he said he could get them for me! YEA at $28.90 each, Thanks Mike at Camping World - well ok. Then he told me I might want to call the people that sell them to Thor?? What??? That is right, go figure. He said to try ABC Marketing. Well All righty then.

ABC Marketing
4800 Eastland Drive
Elkhart, IN 46516
Phone (574) 293-9399
Fax (574)293-5801


Home - ABC Marketing Inc.


I called they said they had them in stock and their part numbers are:
652832-3500 Left
652831-3500 Right


Can you believe it they will even sell them to me!


For Wait for it...... $11.98 ea +ups
So I ordered 2 for each side. At that price I can afford a spare for each.


They are simple to install if you have one of these rigs you can usually fix stuff your self or have enough $$$ to have someone else do it for you.. I am the Mr. Fix It kind of guy myself. Either way I found the source.. for the lights we need..


Hope this helps many of you in the search for your DLR LED replacement light struggle..


Camp on!


God Bless,


Tom




__________________
Tbramlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 12:10 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
wingnut60's Avatar
 
Brand: DRV
State: Texas
Posts: 678
THOR #3109
I don't agree that LEDs are prone to failure--thousands of new pickups with them for headlights/fog/driving, etc and I have yet to note an approaching vehicle with only one side on...now if you mention the GM incandescent driving lights over the years, well...
Had all LEDs in my old '05 Suites and never replaced one; newer '15 has all LEDs except for a couple of stupid CFLs and all are still burning.
So, sounds like a Thor QC/supplier problem?
Good that they are replacing them so easily.
__________________
2016 Tiffin 40QBH
2015 38RSSA--traded
2005 36TK3--retired, but it was a good one
2017 F450 KR
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 12:35 AM   #31
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 29M Windsport
State: Georgia
Posts: 92
THOR #12172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbramlett View Post
This Forum has been very helpful to me.. So here is return in kind.


I had the same issues. Thor replaced all LEDs, awning and both DLRs (Day light running lights) under warranty (Once). Found the part numbers for the lights from Thor:
Part# 0300678 for left
Part# 0300679 for right


Called Camping world to order as Thor won't sell consumer replacement parts..
Not so good for us. That was a week ago still waiting for a call back from Camping world.
Called another Camping World talked to the parts manager he said he could get them for me! YEA at $28.90 each, Thanks Mike at Camping World - well ok. Then he told me I might want to call the people that sell them to Thor?? What??? That is right, go figure. He said to try ABC Marketing. Well All righty then.

ABC Marketing
4800 Eastland Drive
Elkhart, IN 46516
Phone (574) 293-9399
Fax (574)293-5801


Home - ABC Marketing Inc.


I called they said they had them in stock and their part numbers are:
652832-3500 Left
652831-3500 Right


Can you believe it they will even sell them to me!


For Wait for it...... $11.98 ea +ups
So I ordered 2 for each side. At that price I can afford a spare for each.


They are simple to install if you have one of these rigs you can usually fix stuff your self or have enough $$$ to have someone else do it for you.. I am the Mr. Fix It kind of guy myself. Either way I found the source.. for the lights we need..


Hope this helps many of you in the search for your DLR LED replacement light struggle..


Camp on!


God Bless,


Tom




To replace to bulb, did you have to pull the headlight fixture to get to them? I have two out adn will look into the info you posted. Thanks
__________________
Tut
2018 Thor Windsport 29M
2016 Harley Davidson CVO Road Glide
Great Wife
Life is Good!
skiptut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 01:48 AM   #32
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast
 
JamieGeek's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Michigan
Posts: 9,623
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
I don't agree that LEDs are prone to failure--thousands of new pickups with them for headlights/fog/driving, etc and I have yet to note an approaching vehicle with only one side on...now if you mention the GM incandescent driving lights over the years, well...
Had all LEDs in my old '05 Suites and never replaced one; newer '15 has all LEDs except for a couple of stupid CFLs and all are still burning.
So, sounds like a Thor QC/supplier problem?
Good that they are replacing them so easily.
Not all LEDs are the same. Some are better built than others (or better sealed than others) and some have better power supplies than others. Its more than just the LED to get it to work (since most LEDs only require about a volt to operate the power supply is very important).
__________________
2014 Thor Axis 24.1
2021 Mach-E
blog - https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 02:02 AM   #33
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31s
State: California
Posts: 6
THOR #4758
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiptut View Post
To replace to bulb, did you have to pull the headlight fixture to get to them? I have two out adn will look into the info you posted. Thanks
Yes you need to pull the head lights. Not hard you just need to be a bit of a contortionist because of the bolts. Hope that helps! Tom
__________________
Tbramlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 02:08 AM   #34
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31s
State: California
Posts: 6
THOR #4758
Repost for Led dlr headlighfix

ABC Marketing
4800 Eastland Drive
Elkhart, IN 46516
Phone (574) 293-9399
Fax (574)293-5801


Home - ABC Marketing Inc.


I called they said they had them in stock and their part numbers are:
652832-3500 Left
652831-3500 Right


Can you believe it they will even sell them to me!


For Wait for it...... $11.98 ea +ups
__________________
Tbramlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 01:29 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Hurricane 32n
State: Georgia
Posts: 179
THOR #2983
Just a thought ... these are probably 12 volt LEDs. I notice that they are really bright. They may not be handle the high charge voltage from the alternator of 14.5v or so.
__________________
Tom Bowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 01:35 PM   #36
Site Team
 
16ACE27's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
Posts: 7,502
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bowe View Post
Just a thought ... these are probably 12 volt LEDs. I notice that they are really bright. They may not be handle the high charge voltage from the alternator of 14.5v or so.
If they're made for automotive use they can easily handle charging voltage. And in reality, LEDs don't care that much about the voltage, it's the current that kills them. That's why they usually have a current limiting resistor integrated in series with the LED in the assembly.
__________________
Ted & Melinda
2016 ACE 27.1
2016 Chevy Sonic Toad
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Alternate Toad
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 11:34 PM   #37
gmc
Senior Member
 
gmc's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
Posts: 1,871
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
If they're made for automotive use they can easily handle charging voltage. And in reality, LEDs don't care that much about the voltage, it's the current that kills them. That's why they usually have a current limiting resistor integrated in series with the LED in the assembly.

Agree if they are made for automotive use - they would be rated higher than 12v.
But if sourcing LEDS from non-automotive, I suggest getting those rated for 12-24v rather than 12v...
14 volts can easily overheat a 12v LED... and heat is not your friend in electronics.
I had no issue finding 12-24v rated bulbs when I converted the lighting in my coach. One Amazon seller of 12v bulbs nicely pointed those looking for RV use to the higher rated versions. The difference in cost was peanuts...
__________________
Greg
Not yet retired...
Florida (Michigan transplant)
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 06:01 PM   #38
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Michigan
Posts: 1
THOR #22395
LED Strips

Thanks for this thread! Very helpful.
__________________
Miramar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2