Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2019, 09:05 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor ACE 30.2
State: Massachusetts
THOR #12436
A.C.E 30.2 door window fell out!

Hey guys, i hope everyone is enjoying camping season. So I open the door to enter the rig and the privacy glass from inside the door falls out. Luckily for the screen door still being attached, it never completely detaches. It seems the adhesive has given out and wont stick back on after some pressure. Not sure what happened there but any ideas on what to use to reinstall the glass the RIGHT way?

Old 06-29-2019, 10:20 PM   #2

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
I have never had to replace or repair my old ACE door glass but there are lots of Utube videos showing how some folks do it. The one attached looks like narrow butyl tape to hold glass and frame (also provides water proofing). When you open the window frame you should be able to see what was used (if Thor used anything) to hold the glass. I would assume they used butyl tape to at least weather proof the outside window frame though.

Old 06-30-2019, 04:22 PM   #3

Model: Thor ACE 30.2
THOR #12436
Thank you for the response and video. I did see that the glass was held with a type of two sided adhesive rubber strip, which i want to say gave way due to age but i got the RV two years ago. So I'll chock it up to it being a quality issue.
Old 06-30-2019, 05:03 PM   #4
Site Team

Model: Axis 24.1 Windjammer
State: Illinois
THOR #7074
Very common issue you would have thought factory would have corrected ALL READY??
..I did secure mine in place with temporary tape. Then sealed with bead of black 100% silicone. Let cure 24 hrs. And pulled tape off. Will hold better than Thor factory setup.
Hellwig 7718 Front Sway Bar & 7180 Rear Sway Bar
Koni FSD Front Shocks 8805-1042 / Koni FSD Rear Shocks 8805-1043
revjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 05:40 PM   #5
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
They use some sort of butyl rubber foam tape; to glue those windows into place. Ours came loose on our Outlaw, and once we found the right tape: it was an easy-peasey fix!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 01:29 AM   #6

Model: Challanger 37TB
THOR #17605
Bob, what was the right tape?
Old 09-24-2020, 09:17 PM   #7

Model: Thor 29M Hurricane
State: Wisconsin
THOR #7934
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M. Mine fell out and shattered. I read in a RVer magazine listed in recalls. Not 2017 so when I called, Thor said too bad so sad, no listed for your year. Said I could buy it and replace it my self. Same problem wrong year.
Old 07-23-2021, 09:16 PM   #8

Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: North Carolina
THOR #20774
I noticed mine sagging today & about to fall out
Old 07-24-2021, 01:56 AM   #9

Model: ACE 29.4
State: Mississippi
THOR #10956
Happened on my 29.4 after 1 year in the Mississippi heat and humidity. A little two part epoxy and it’s on solid. Nothing tricky about it.
(swapped out of 37' 5th wheel and Chevy 3500 DRW Duramax in Apr 18)
EVMIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 01:33 PM   #10

THOR #24459
Knowing how to remove and replace RV window glass allows me to remove and replace a shattered or cracked RV window: Starting with the window seal removal and the unfastening of the screws to remove the old window glass, measuring the old window’s dimensions to get the correct RV window glass. Lay the window frame flat on the ground or an even surface. Place the RV glass replacement within the frame, ensuring a proper fit. Position the edging to ensure its mounting holes align with the holes in the window. Use a new RV window rubber gasket to form a tight seal around the window.*
Old 08-21-2021, 11:20 AM   #11

THOR #24459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daley07 View Post
Knowing how to remove and replace RV window glass allows me to remove and replace a shattered or cracked RV window: Starting with the window seal removal and the unfastening of the screws to remove the old window glass, measuring the old window’s dimensions to get the correct RV window glass. Lay the window frame flat on the ground or an even surface. Place the RV glass replacement within the frame, ensuring a proper fit. Position the edging to ensure its mounting holes align with the holes in the window. Use a new RV window rubber gasket to form a tight seal around the window.*
Shattered, cracked, or damaged RV windows should not bother or worry you. While a replacement glass can cost you, it is still possible to lower your expenses by learning how to remove RV window glass and replace it.