Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 10-11-2020, 05:34 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29X
State: South Dakota
THOR #16603
Unhappy Levelers Not Working

I have a 2013 Hurricane, the auto levelers are not working. When I parked the rig they were working. When I went to retract them nothing happened. I spoke with a repair center and was told to try holding the four corner buttons down to see if that resets them, didn't work. Was told to check for an inline fuse. Found it, 15 amp blown replaced it. Tried it and all the lights on the pad started blinking and nothing happened. Am I missing something it? Is there another fuse somewhere I should be looking for? Thank you

Old 10-11-2020, 07:00 PM   #2

Model: Damon Daybreak
State: New Mexico
THOR #19133
If all the lights are blinking, do the reset.
Old 10-11-2020, 07:17 PM   #3

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdave View Post
I have a 2013 Hurricane, the auto levelers are not working. When I parked the rig they were working. When I went to retract them nothing happened. I spoke with a repair center and was told to try holding the four corner buttons down to see if that resets them, didn't work. Was told to check for an inline fuse. Found it, 15 amp blown replaced it. Tried it and all the lights on the pad started blinking and nothing happened. Am I missing something it? Is there another fuse somewhere I should be looking for? Thank you
There is a 100 amp circuit breaker in the front, right of the house battery compartment. It supplies power to the generator's starter motor and to the jack motor. If the generator starts the circuit breaker is good. Start the coach's engine and release the parking brake. That should activate the emergency retract system.

Here is the trouble shooting fro Power Gear electro-hydralic leveling systems 2005-2015. <https://support.lci1.com/documents/electro-hydraulic-leveling-troubleshooting-and-service-manual-82-l0506>
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 04:50 PM   #4

Model: Hurricane 29X
State: South Dakota
THOR #16603
Levelers Not Working

Thanks for the info. The generator started so I assume the breaker is ok. Started the coach, released the parking brake. The emergency retract system didn't engage. Is there another fuse that I should be looking for or is it time to call in a tech to tell me something I could have fixed myself?
Old 10-17-2020, 06:04 PM   #5

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdave View Post
Thanks for the info. The generator started so I assume the breaker is ok. Started the coach, released the parking brake. The emergency retract system didn't engage. Is there another fuse that I should be looking for or is it time to call in a tech to tell me something I could have fixed myself?
If you have lights on the control panel (the chassis battery connection is good) and the generator starts then the problem is with the pump itself or the pump computer. Of course it could be wiring but probably not. About you could do is look for loose wires.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 12:48 AM   #6

Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
My pump has an in-line fuse that looks like a black block right near the pump. If yours does too, it could be something to check. I guess it's there in case the pump draws too much juice and on it's way to destruction. The only way I found it is that's where I secure my extend-a-stay and the cap fell off once. Never gave it a second guess before that.

You could also do some spark chasing at the pump if you think that's easier.
Old 10-18-2020, 01:33 AM   #7

Model: 2016 Thor Outlaw 29H
State: Tennessee
THOR #13869
What brand leveling system?
I do not believe you mentioned that.

Ours has a Lippert system (LCI).

There is a way to retract the jacks in their troubleshooting section. You'll need an allen wrench (I think 5/32"), a drill motor, socket adapter for the drill chuck, and a 7/16" socket.
Uncover the plug at the end of the pump's motor over its shaft end, in there you'll see a hex the socket fits onto. With drill motor, spin pump to retract all jacks. You have to follow their recommended procedure, and turn the set screw in the hyd logic valve, ours had to spin counter-clockwise.

One time I had to replace the "level" module, I called it the brain of the system, it measures you being level, then controls which jack pairs do the work, when in auto-level.
Ours was located inside one of the basement outside compartments, attached to that compartment's roof. It's about 3" x 5". I don't remember if the wall control panel had lights though. A reset may be all you need. Hope this helps.
Old 10-18-2020, 03:44 AM   #8

Model: Damon Daybreak
State: New Mexico
THOR #19133
Does the control panel look normal, or are the lights still blinking? That was the last condition you said it was in.