Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 03-26-2022, 05:11 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar
State: Alabama
THOR #1772
Leveling Jacks

All,
I need some help, I screwed up. I have a 2014 Miramar 34.2. Its currently buried up to the axles in the backyard. Had a lot of rain and the RV sunk in my yard. I have been trying to get it out. I placed wood under the rear leveling jacks. AS I was lowering it to raise up y tires so I can put stuff under them, the left rear jack slid off the wood and bent. All the jacks retracked except this one. There is one mobile mechanic in my area that works on class A and they have not returned my call. Questions that I have:
1. Etrailer.com sells replacement jacks. Would I have to buy both rear jacks to make sure they are the same high?
2. Do I need to drain the hydraulic fluid before disconnecting the lines?
3. Any suggestions on getting the RV out of the mud? the way it sits, I can not get anything in front of behind the RV to pull straight out (Yard is not that wide)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0665 (1).jpg
Views:	42
Size:	161.8 KB
ID:	36623   Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpeg
Views:	41
Size:	175.3 KB
ID:	36624  

Name:	image0.jpeg
Views:	40
Size:	166.7 KB
ID:	36625   Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.jpeg
Views:	40
Size:	204.5 KB
ID:	36626  

Old 03-26-2022, 05:27 PM   #2

Model: Tuscany 42GX
State: Missouri
THOR #9178
You can remove the jack by taping the end to minimize transmission fluid loss. You really shouldn't get much flow if the hydraulic system is shut down and all valves are in there travel position.

Just measure the outside of the hydraulic ram and get the same length. Nothing more to it except trying to match the mounts as well so you can just unbolt and bolt the new one back in place.

You will have to purge the air out after getting the replacement installed.

A set of tubing wrenches is very handy loosing and tightening the fittings

I use a plastic food bag and tape to cover my hose ends while working on somthing like that.

Also works well for loose battery cables.

Good luck
Old 04-09-2022, 08:06 PM   #3

State: South Carolina
THOR #22342
Swamp. Any luck? I would think just jacking that rear axle to relieve some of the wt off the leveling jack, and then try removing the jack attach bolts. Then strap the jack to the chassis and drive to your mechanic. Some 4 x 8 sheet of plywood to put under wheels to get the RV moving.

I notice my jacks are fully extended to jack rear of RV. I made these jack pads out of wood, and a chord to help remove them when leaving RV park. Then I chock the front wheels to stabilize RV from moving fwd. Hope you get it out of mud..
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2022-04-09_16-14-18.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	215.3 KB
ID:	36872