Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 09-15-2021, 11:33 AM   #41
CHS

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2019 Chateau 28Z
State: Tennessee
THOR #22388
Wood is just to bulky and heavy IMHO. Also too limited, since they will only raise it up as much as you made.
I've tried a few different brands and found there to be the strongest and flexible. Have used them in sand, asphalt, gravel and if they bend they retake their original shape. They are also easier to store, and lighter. My unit weighs in at +/-13,000
total and lifts it fine.
Even though I now have the Hydraulic Bigfoot Leveling system, I keep 2 sets on hand.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Leveling blocks.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	33631  

Old 09-16-2021, 03:45 AM   #42

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS View Post
Wood is just to bulky and heavy IMHO. Also too limited, since they will only raise it up as much as you made.
I've tried a few different brands and found there to be the strongest and flexible. Have used them in sand, asphalt, gravel and if they bend they retake their original shape. They are also easier to store, and lighter. My unit weighs in at +/-13,000
total and lifts it fine.
Even though I now have the Hydraulic Bigfoot Leveling system, I keep 2 sets on hand.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I have a blue zipper top pouch of Lynx Levelers (minus a couple crushed ones) sitting in my basement I will sell pretty cheap. I don't know how you managed to get the rear duallies up on those on solid pavement... mine crushed like the Tupperware in Napoleon Dynamite (dang it!).
Old 09-16-2021, 09:49 AM   #43
CHS

Model: 2019 Chateau 28Z
State: Tennessee
THOR #22388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
I have a blue zipper top pouch of Lynx Levelers (minus a couple crushed ones) sitting in my basement I will sell pretty cheap. I don't know how you managed to get the rear duallies up on those on solid pavement... mine crushed like the Tupperware in Napoleon Dynamite (dang it!).
https://youtu.be/i_PdaUdAyas
Never an issue. I did make sure (before leveler installation) I raised both inner and outer wheels.
Old 09-16-2021, 11:44 AM   #44

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS View Post
Never an issue. I did make sure (before leveler installation) I raised both inner and outer wheels.
I carry the plastic levelers and crushed them many times pulling the rear wheels up on them. My new class A would probably turn them into diamonds by the time I drive on top of them