Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-07-2022, 01:00 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 37.1
State: Texas
THOR #25638
Levelling - Red Flashing Lights

I have looked at the manual and searched the forum with no definitive answer. When turning on the LCI leveling system one or more of the four corner levelling arrows will flash red. It is not always consistent which ones. Is that showing which corners need to be raised or lowered, or are they errors? The system works fine, but I cannot find an answer. Thanks!!

EDIT: Added by Mod:

2017 Miramar 37.1

Old 01-07-2022, 01:13 PM   #2
CHS

Model: 2019 Chateau 28Z
State: Tennessee
THOR #22388
if you raise and level the one section that the light is flashing, does it go out?
That would probably give you your answer.
Old 01-07-2022, 01:24 PM   #3

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJSTX View Post
I have looked at the manual and searched the forum with no definitive answer. When turning on the LCI leveling system one or more of the four corner levelling arrows will flash red. It is not always consistent which ones. Is that showing which corners need to be raised or lowered, or are they errors? The system works fine, but I cannot find an answer. Thanks!!
If you will put your make model and year of the RV in the sig line that will help responders. Also what leveling system do you have? Different indications with different systems. LCI makes different systems with different levels of features and complexity.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 02:21 PM   #4
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
What Chunker said.

On our LCI leveling system a flashing green arrow indicates a low side that requires raising.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 02:56 PM   #5

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: Texas
THOR #25638
Make and model added. I have not tried any manual raise or lower as the auto level works just fine. It is just those flash red lights at the outset of the process that confuses me. I can try to raise and lower one section and see (thanks CHS).

Looks like Thor made some changes to their site and I cannot log in to get the exact system, and coach is not at the house. Have to table this until I can get more specifics.
Old 01-07-2022, 03:47 PM   #6
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Make and model added. I have not tried any manual raise or lower as the auto level works just fine. It is just those flash red lights at the outset of the process that confuses me. I can try to raise and lower one section and see (thanks CHS).

Looks like Thor made some changes to their site and I cannot log in to get the exact system, and coach is not at the house. Have to table this until I can get more specifics.
I added your coach info to your first post.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 04:40 PM   #7

Model: Damon Daybreak
State: New Mexico
THOR #19133
Quote:

If you have the LCI level-up system, then the 4 red lights do indeed tell you which corner of the rig is low, and needs to be lifted up. Some touch pads have green lights, and some have red lights.
Old 01-08-2022, 04:00 PM   #8

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37K
State: Virginia
THOR #12448
We have a 2018 Miramar 37.1 with the LCI Level Up system (just red and green circle LEDs for the status, green arrow LEDs for the level and big green circle LED in the middle when you’re level - no actual text display like I’ve seen on others). It’s unclear whether the 2017 has the same system, but I’m betting it’s very likely it does.

As mentioned above, the LEDs next to the buttons indicate the side is low.

I never use auto (it makes bad decisions) and just use manual - raise the high end (front or back) until it makes contact and just starts to slightly raise the coach (maybe a half inch). Raise the other end until it’s level front-to-back, then raise the low side. That seems to give us a nice stable coach and never with any of the tires off the ground. If it does lift a tire off, retract, add some blocks under that(those) tires(s) and level again.

I also use a LevelMate Pro, which when calibrated properly tells me to the nearest 1/4 inch how off-level I am and exactly how much a given tire needs to have under it to bring it to level. If I can get within 2-3”, I don’t bother as there’s enough play in the suspension to absorb that.

https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/C...VAWVWIWYsm.jpg
TheDustyGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 06:22 PM   #9

Model: Challenger 37 GT
State: Wisconsin
THOR #24266
Good answers. I also manual level because I don’t like the wheels being lifted off the ground, just my opinion.
What I am concerned about is when the OP purchased the unit, this was not demonstrated to him. Please no one take offense, not throwing rocks. Everyone has to learn, but an example of inadequate walk thru.

Kudos to great answers.
Retired and living the dream!
twopetes1@charter.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 07:04 PM   #10

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:

EDIT: Added by Mod:

2017 Miramar 37.1
Thor has a new website you should have got an email. You must put in a new passwordhttps://thor.mizecx.com/cc/cpSignIn.html