Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-13-2016, 04:21 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alberta
THOR #2852
A little help with a little water

I am needing to tap into the expertise of the members on this site

Yesterday I gave my vegas a wash after winter storage. Plumbing is still winterized and no connection to city water. Washed with non high pressure garden hose rinsing top down

about an hour after I noticed a streak of water on the floor in the kitchen. Motorhome is parked a bit of slope and the streak flow was consistent with this. Lifted the jack knife sofa and notice a slight streaking of water along the sofa mounting bracket and a small puddle about the size of a quarter under the hot water heater more or less where the bypass hose and valves are. All valves were dry and all hose / lines were dry.

The total volume of water would be about 1/8 of a cup, but water inside is water inside.

I am suspected that the water came in from the rinse possibly somewhere around the heater. I wondered if it came in via the heater vent when water was likely sprayed inadvertently directly at it.

Any thoughts or wisdom from the members?

Old 04-13-2016, 04:35 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by myhorse
about an hour after I noticed a streak of water on the floor in the kitchen. Motorhome is parked a bit of slope and the streak flow was consistent with this. Lifted the jack knife sofa and notice a slight streaking of water along the sofa mounting bracket and a small puddle about the size of a quarter under the hot water heater more or less where the bypass hose and valves are. All valves were dry and all hose / lines were dry.
What model do you have? Your text above strongly hints that you are talking about the 25.2 model (jacknife sofa?) Is your water heater on the drivers side? Our 24.1 has the water heater under the closet on the passenger side (well away from the sofa)?

My guess would be that your suspicions are correct: water entered somewhere around the water heater surround. You could always have someone sit inside watching that area while you're outside squirting down the side of the coach. When they see water they yell...
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 04:41 PM   #3

THOR #2852
Yes Jamie - my mistake
it is a 25.2
Old 04-13-2016, 04:45 PM   #4

Model: 2016 hurricane 31s
State: Florida
THOR #3836
water leak

I had the same problem on my 25-1 vegas. it was the left outside rear storage door. the seal was not put in right at the factory. I went to lowes and bought some seal and it fixed the problem. while your out their check the generator door for screws, mine had no screws in the frame and the frame and door fell out in my lap.
Old 04-14-2016, 03:19 AM   #5

THOR #2852
it looks like it is the screws that screw the hot water heater into the motorhome.Hige gaps in the sealing materials that go around the assembly
have a bead of silicone on it and let it cure tonight and report back tommorrow