Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-26-2019, 08:37 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: New York
THOR #11919
I’ve attached a screenshot of the manual procedure for you. Once I learned how to use it, I prefer using manual mode. Eliminates all the “jockeying” around that is associated with auto.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8C6D5E43-6CD4-4104-A1DB-92F2F2746B56.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	21098  

Old 10-27-2019, 01:56 PM   #42

State: Georgia
THOR #14989
Mlleml. Thank you so much. I will let you know how it works out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlleml View Post
I’ve attached a screenshot of the manual procedure for you. Once I learned how to use it, I prefer using manual mode. Eliminates all the “jockeying” around that is associated with auto.
Old 11-22-2019, 10:42 PM   #43

Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: Arkansas
THOR #13770
Duckface; great idea with the ladder to keep in mind for emergencies. Now if I can jus remember where I stored the bloody thing...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
I'm going to give the op the benifit of doubt and assume they have seen the screws and have considered taking the obvious action to free themselves.

So,
The ladder for the overhead bed fits handily through the drivers side sliding window allowing you to the ground.

(I think most roadside assistance providers offer a locksmith as part of the plan.
Some credit cards do, some auto insurance companies do.)
Old 11-22-2019, 10:55 PM   #44

THOR #13770
I haven't had my locks or door latches fail - yet - but sometimes when I swing the door closed it doesn't engage the latch (?) but seems to bounce back off the rig like it hit a metal part. Is that a sign of an impending failure of lock, latch, or both - or have I been I doing something incredibly stupid all these months (Jan 9th marks my 1 yr anniversary fulltiming!!!)?
Old 11-22-2019, 11:15 PM   #45
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Soldier Girl,
I haven't seen you in here for a while...
Do you have any good stories of your adventures for us?
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 01:32 AM   #46

THOR #13770
Good to hear from you Bob! Yep, I've had some amazing adventures this year. I'll tell y'all more about some of the ones I liked best now that I'm done working 72 hr shifts over part of this summer & falI - I just finished a three month hitch of camp hosting at Big Bend Natl Park. My job was wrangling both campers & some stubborn bears & other critters; it was great fun! I really enjoyed working with the LE Rangers & even enjoyed helping out by playing medic when needed. Here's a couple of pix. One of "Bart the Bear" (an incorrigible juvenile), then me & Radar, & finally the mule team collecting "Humanure" (yep, exactly!). Is there a way to send vids (chasing bears)???Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190906_154453__01.jpeg
Views:	79
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	21572Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190924_152918_01.jpeg
Views:	92
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	21573Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191018_135421__01.jpeg
Views:	85
Size:	169.6 KB
ID:	21574
Old 11-23-2019, 01:28 PM   #47

State: Florida
THOR #1249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier Girl View Post
I haven't had my locks or door latches fail - yet - but sometimes when I swing the door closed it doesn't engage the latch (?) but seems to bounce back off the rig like it hit a metal part. Is that a sign of an impending failure of lock, latch, or both - or have I been I doing something incredibly stupid all these months (Jan 9th marks my 1 yr anniversary fulltiming!!!)?
The infamous locks that fail usually don't give a warning. They seem to last longer if you keep them lubed inside and out though. If you take it easy on them;i.e. no slamming the door, pulling excessively quick and hard on the release handle, you may get by without any trouble. Also, you can tell if the bolt is pot metal or steel with a magnet and if it is steel you are home free
Happy trails
Old 11-23-2019, 03:13 PM   #48

Model: A.C.E. 29.2
State: Oklahoma
THOR #2542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier Girl View Post

That failure to latch can often be resolved by adjusting the two lugs on the door latch. The lugs will hit the striker plate on the door frame if they extend out too far. A clockwise turn will shorten so the clear the striker.

When our door latch failed with us inside, a nearby camper crawled in the window and showed us that removing the trim on the right side of the inside door frame allowed him to push the plunger back thus opening the door. Prior to that failure, I kept the lock lubed with white lithium grease all the while thinking that MY lock would never break...until it did.