Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2018, 02:59 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Arizona
THOR #6311
Loose HDMI cable

While trying to find a problem with my front TV I found an HDMI cable coming out of the cabinet over the sink just laying across the wall bracket for the TV. The TV seems to work ok off the air I've never used a cable hook up or sat. dish.

Is this to hook up an extra device like blue tooth or satelite? Or is something that should be plugged into the TV? It seems the set wouldn't be working if it's supposed to be plugged in.

The problem I was looking for wound up being the channels had to be searched again, for some reason it had lost the tune on them even though they were still listed.

Thanks for information on that cable.

Old 07-09-2018, 03:05 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Thor usually runs a HDMI cable from each TV to a central cabinet. Sometimes the include a HDMI video switch box for a DVD hook-up. The cables are usually connected to the TV and the video switch box.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 03:34 PM   #3

THOR #6311
Loose HDMI cable

Thanks for the prompt reply. I'll hook it to the TV set but I still haven't found the switch box. The cabinet above the sink has the amp for outside antenna but I didn't see any other switch yet.
Old 07-09-2018, 04:49 PM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
As mentioned its usually for a dvd player.
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 06:18 PM   #5

THOR #6311
Loose HDMI cable

Thanks. I had pretty much decided that since there is no switch box attached. They must have just used splitters between the 3 TV sets. I don't see the other end though, maybe the outside cable hookup?

Your reply got my attention, My Brother and Sister in law are named Jerry & Maria and they have a small dog and an RV also.
Old 07-11-2018, 02:32 AM   #6

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa0ri View Post
Thanks. I had pretty much decided that since there is no switch box attached. They must have just used splitters between the 3 TV sets. I don't see the other end though, maybe the outside cable hookup? Your reply got my attention, My Brother and Sister in law are named Jerry & Maria and they have a small dog and an RV also.

On our 2018 Vegas 25.2, the splitter is behind the microwave. The mw is held in with a few screws, and you just pull it out and unplug it. Would be good to have a helper, but I have done it without help. All the connections on mine were loose.
Old 07-11-2018, 04:47 AM   #7

State: Alaska
THOR #8813
Quote:
While trying to find a problem with my front TV I found an HDMI cable coming out of the cabinet over the sink just laying across the wall bracket for the TV. The TV seems to work ok off the air I've never used a cable hook up or sat. dish.

Is this to hook up an extra device like blue tooth or satelite? Or is something that should be plugged into the TV? It seems the set wouldn't be working if it's supposed to be plugged in.

The problem I was looking for wound up being the channels had to be searched again, for some reason it had lost the tune on them even though they were still listed.

Thanks for information on that cable.

Your lucky mine was rolled up and stuffed behind microwave.
Old 07-11-2018, 06:01 AM   #8

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Quote:
Thanks. I had pretty much decided that since there is no switch box attached. They must have just used splitters between the 3 TV sets. I don't see the other end though, maybe the outside cable hookup?

Your reply got my attention, My Brother and Sister in law are named Jerry & Maria and they have a small dog and an RV also.
[emoji106]
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote