Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2017, 03:45 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 45LT
State: Tennessee
THOR #7249
Loss of Camera Function after firmware update

Looking for assistance! My '14 Thor Tuscany has the Jensen VM9726BT head unit with mirror and rear cameras interfaced. I recently had the rear camera checked due to intermittent operation by my local RV service facility and they located and corrected a loose connection. All working at that point. Separately, I was having difficulty getting the NAV function to operate...head unit acted as if it didn't even have the function active. I went online and discovered firmware updates for the 4 functions of the head unit and downloaded and installed the updates. NAV function of the head unit was restored however, now I have NO camera function. Turn signal activation no longer displays mirror cameras, reverse no longer displays rear camera and manual selection of rear camera is non-functional. No wiring was disturbed and the RV was not moved between the time of update and discovery of the camera issue. I have looked for a reset for the interface unit of the cameras and have not located one. There are no blown fuses (that I can find)
I am open to any suggestions and welcome any help!

Old 04-24-2017, 04:26 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Does it have a setup screen/section? Perhaps the firmware updates turned off the camera functionality and you have to re-enable it from the setup/configuration.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 04:39 PM   #3

Model: 45LT
State: Tennessee
THOR #7249
No setup available

Unfortunately, the only setup available for this function is to format the screen for natural or mirrored display of the camera input and updating the system for the presence of a microphone in the rear camera.
In the past, when I was experiencing issues with the loose connection on the rear view camera and it was not working, placing the RV in reverse would not activate it and it would also not manually activate from the graphical user interface touch screen. The manual activate rear camera function graphic would be grayed out. When the intermittent loose connection would again make connection, the graphic would no longer be grayed out and touching would activate it appropriately.
Currently, manual function is grayed out and neither reverse, for the rear camera, or turn signal actuation produce any camera display nor is there any indication of the system recognizing the existence of cameras.
Old 04-28-2017, 09:18 PM   #4

State: Florida
THOR #7293
We just purchased our 1st. It's a 2014 four winds 31 L. The cameras where not working when we test drove. The sales man seemed to think the mirror cameras was a loose wire and couldn't fix the rear view. It is currently out to the mechanic ( we haven't picked it up yet) once we pick it up I'll find out what the mechanic found and post it

Tags
camera, jensen, turn signal