Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 06-14-2018, 08:55 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Indiana
THOR #11969
Radio and camera

Hi my radio and back camera will not come on what do I do? It’s a 2018 freedom elite motorhome

Old 06-14-2018, 09:01 PM   #2
Kev

Model: Windsport
State: Florida
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mywayne View Post
Hi my radio and back camera will not come on what do I do? It’s a 2018 freedom elite motorhome
Should be under warranty bring it to the dealer.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:06 PM   #3

THOR #11969
What is the use/store Switch and where is it located?
Old 06-14-2018, 09:50 PM   #4

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
It is usually one of the trio of switches by the bottom of the entry door. The Store/Use switch is usually the middle switch of the three. It is a momentary on switch with a neutral off position.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 11:04 PM   #5

Model: 22FE
State: Washington
THOR #8606
Use a flashlight and point of ballpoint pen or paper clip. With flashlight, find little reset button, top left of radio. Push in, hold few seconds, radio "should" come back on if working properly and not fuse issue. I have same rig and have had to do this couple times in last several months.
Old 06-14-2018, 11:06 PM   #6

THOR #8606
Also, coach battery switch needs to be on position.
Old 09-08-2018, 07:09 PM   #7

THOR #11969
I took my coach to camping world on July 20 for a pair of the radio and back up camera today is September 8 and they still have not fixed my coach they say they are trying to get coverage with my warranty, how long does that take?
Old 09-08-2018, 07:18 PM   #8

THOR #8606
Warranty from Thor to repair or Axxera? Yikes that is way to long to wait and terrible they've stretched you out this long for that. My Axxera went bad within a couple months after I bought mine 2018 22FE from C.W. They ordered me a new one and received and installed within a week and half. IMO, you may need to call Thor yourself if you haven't already and see what's the hold up. I've called them on another issue that had to do with suspension and they were very helpful. Got part sent to C.W. and work done quickly.
Old 09-08-2018, 07:21 PM   #9

Model: Quantum RQ29
State: California
THOR #12941
I have had the same problem with my 2018 Quantum Q29. The first time I took in to the dealer. The service rep first just told me I ran the batteries down - which was not true. Finally a tech came out and said absolutely that was not true and spent a lot of time trying to reset it with his pen. Finally, he turned the house power on and off a couple of time and it started working again. It worked for a couple of weeks and now is not working again. I have tried everything I saw him do and nothing has worked. I also replaced the fuse with no change.

My rig is stored out of town as it is very expensive in mid-city and I live in a high-rise condo with no available parking/storage. From reading other threads on this site, it looks like a replacement may be in my future. I'm heading out of town tomorrow with no radio and no backup camera. Fortunately, I have company on this trip. I really hate facing another trip to the dealer, who never even returned my call two weeks ago about this issue. I will try the reset button again before I leave.

I would appreciate any other suggestions.
Old 09-11-2018, 12:23 PM   #10

THOR #11969
Do you have the phone number to door I can’t seem to find it thank you very much for your help
Old 09-11-2018, 11:32 PM   #11

Model: ACE 30.1
State: New York
THOR #10579
I assume you meant Thor.

Owners: You may contact Thor Motor Coach’s Customer Service department by using our Owners Only toll-free phone line at

(877) 855-2867

https://www.thormotorcoach.com/customer-care/
Old 09-15-2018, 09:00 PM   #12

THOR #12533
Radio and camera

I'm assuming you've checked the 12 V fuses. I've had problems with a loose fuse causing it to stop working several times.
Old 09-16-2018, 11:23 AM   #13

THOR #11969
Yes we checked the fuses that was not it
Old 09-16-2018, 11:25 AM   #14

THOR #11969
Thank you so much for giving me the Thor number I called them and they called camping world I’m guaranteed to have it fixed with in the next week
Old 09-16-2018, 03:59 PM   #15

THOR #13112
Hi. we have a 2018 quantum motorhome and those switches you mention are the 3 awning swiches.

Anyone know where it might be in our motor home as the radio/camera does not work.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:18 PM   #16

THOR #11969
I can’t believe camping world, after 11 weeks of them not even looking at my class he freedom elite motorhome to check out the radio and back up camera they finally checked it out it was a Bewes! Now they want me to pay $37.50 For the diagnostic they had to do to find out it was a fuse
Old 10-13-2018, 08:57 PM   #17

Model: Quantum RQ29
State: California
THOR #12941
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestardocs View Post
Hi. we have a 2018 quantum motorhome and those switches you mention are the 3 awning swiches.

Anyone know where it might be in our motor home as the radio/camera does not work.
As I have the same coach, I am wondering if you have figured out the "use/store" switch. This coach is an energy hog and I am having a terrible time trying to keep my batteries up.
Old 10-17-2018, 08:22 PM   #18

Model: ACE 30.1
State: Alabama
THOR #5884
I had the same problem with a Jensen 212T in my 2015 ACE. I verified the coach had power and tried the reset button without success. I had to replace the unit. In looking for a replacement I could only find a newer model Jensen radio or a refurbished unit like mine because I was concerned about getting all three cameras to work properly. I bought the refurbished unit because it was easier to install and was disappointed. The refurbished until has problems with tuning and isn't much better than the original. If I had it to do over, I would take it to a car stereo dealer and let them install a quality unit. They can install a switch to get all three cameras working properly.