Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 04-22-2018, 10:30 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Wisconsin
THOR #10194
Lost all power to the coach

I have a 2016 30.1 ACE and everything as far as power has been working fine. Yesterday I went to check the level of the LP gas and as I pushed the button I heard a faint pop I believe came from the vicinity of the disconnect switch now I have no power to the coach 12v or 120 nothing I checked all circuit breakers and fuses and everything appears fine. I am able to start the engine but not the generator. The only thing I can think of is the pop came from the switch itself. Can the switch blow like that? Hope someone can help cause I'm basically dead in the water.

Old 04-22-2018, 12:39 PM   #2
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Anything can break...
I'd start with a much closer look at the switch: Good luck!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 12:43 PM   #3

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
r u plugged in?

did you trip your main breaker?

did you trip the inverter’s breaker?

give us more details of ur exact situation
Old 04-22-2018, 01:47 PM   #4

State: Wisconsin
THOR #10194
Thanks for answering but none of the breakers are tripped and all fuses are still intact. No power whether I'm plugged in or not. My guess is the switch only because it's as if I put the switch in store mode but in store mode are you still able to start generator? because I am not able to get power to the generator to start.
Old 04-22-2018, 02:22 PM   #5

Model: Challenger 37KT
State: Texas
THOR #1183
Look at transfer switch first. Sounds like house batteries dead due to failed 110 into rig. Really need a voltmeter to troubleshoot.
Old 04-22-2018, 02:34 PM   #6

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
I am not familiar with your coach but lets try the following:

Starting with “no 120VAC”: is the shore power still available or has the pedestal breaker tripped? If ped breaker tripped does resetting turn on 120VAC to your coach again?

“No 12V DC power”: You can start the engine so your 12v chassis battery is working and connected OK. So you have no converter 12 output (no AC input is likely cause) but you imply no coach battery 12v output either. The generator starts using your coach batteries so if it wont crank to try to start it is very possible that the 100 Amp cct breaker, which should be co-located with the coach batteries, has tripped open. You should be able to find this cct breaker and check if it has in fact tripped. If it has the question is why would that 100 Amp cct breaker trip unless there was a 12v DC load over 100 amps ( perhaps a short cct or overload occurred somewhere?). Highest “normal” loads off the coach batteries typically are leveller jacks hydraulic motor or cranking the generator. There is also a 50 Amp cct breaker in the BCC (on coaches using the RV Custom Products BCC) between the coach batteries and output of the 12v converter (charging path) that may now also be tripped.
Old 04-22-2018, 02:55 PM   #7

Model: Four Winds 28A Class C
State: Vermont
THOR #4117
As Ctpres said, you really need a voltmeter. You can buy an inexpensive but adequate one on Ebay for under $10.

Even a test light would be a help.