Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 08-28-2018, 05:55 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 24FS
State: New Mexico
THOR #12181
loud 12vdc water

Hello all, My water system makes horrible chattering sounds when using the 12vdc water. I changed out the pump to a quieter one and installed flex lines on the intake and output lines. It is still horrible. In troubleshooting I found the noise is coming from the tankless water heater. If I close the valve going into the twh 90% of the noise goes away. When I open the the outside door to the heater it is so noisy in there. Probably loud enough to wake neighbor up! I cannot find anything loose anywhere and have run over ten gallons thru it in case there was air trapped in there. any one have any ideas? Thanks.

Old 08-28-2018, 07:18 PM   #2

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
OMG. Look up the owners manual for "Girard tankless hot water heater". Someone just posted a link to it the other day. Do you have any Error codes on the temp/ON - Off gauge?
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 07:45 PM   #3

Model: Chateau 24FS
State: New Mexico
THOR #12181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
OMG. Look up the owners manual for "Girard tankless hot water heater". Someone just posted a link to it the other day. Do you have any Error codes on the temp/ON - Off gauge?
I have no fault codes. The heater is actually turned off. I was just trying to quiet down the system a semi reasonable level. I'll see if I can find the manual for it but not sure it will help with the hammering noise inside it
Old 08-28-2018, 08:07 PM   #4

Model: Gemini 23TR
State: California
THOR #6701
I would give the manufacturer a call. I am sure they have customer service that can help. Our tankless heater is completely quite.

Does this happen when you are hooked to city water as well as when you use the pump?