Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-24-2022, 01:12 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar
State: California
THOR #22927
Lippert Hydraulic leveling Jack hose

I have a 2017 Thor Miramar 37.1. One of the orange hoses on top of the leveling jacks has a very slight drip. I was able to tighten it . My question is if I do need to replace the hose. Is it under pressure.

Thank you

Old 09-24-2022, 01:47 PM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Is it under pressure? Yes, when pressure is applied to it by the pump to move the jack. If it is the extend hose then it will be under pressure when extending and when the coach is on the jack. If it is the retract hose it is under pressure when the jacks are retracted in the store position.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 03:06 PM   #3

THOR #22927
Thank you. Yes there is two orange hoses, how do you know which one is extend and which one is retract?

Newbe question.

Thanks
Old 09-24-2022, 04:37 PM   #4

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grampa View Post
Thank you. Yes there is two orange hoses, how do you know which one is extend and which one is retract?

Newbe question.

Thanks
The hose that goes to the top of the cylinder is the high pressure line (normally orange). The hose should be rated a 4,000 psi or more. The hose that connects near the bottom of the cylinder is the low pressure line (normally blue). The low pressure line needs to be rated at 2,000 psi or more.

When lifting the coach the high pressure line supplies the fluid and the bottom hose returns the fluid below the ram seal to the fluid tank and is under little pressure. The pump will shout down if the pressure in the top hose exceeds 3,200 psi. This system applies pressure to the rams in pairs

When retracting the ram the lower hose supplies pressure and the top hose acts as the fluid return. When the the pressure in all lower hoses reaches 1,500 psi the pump shouts off and the retracted light illuminates. Should the pressure in the return line drop to 1,300 psi the alarm will sound (if the parking brake is off) and the panel show jacks down.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 05:38 PM   #5

Model: Tuscany 42GX
State: Missouri
THOR #9178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
The hose that goes to the top of the cylinder is the high pressure line (normally orange). The hose should be rated a 4,000 psi or more. The hose that connects near the bottom of the cylinder is the low pressure line (normally blue). The low pressure line needs to be rated at 2,000 psi or more.

When lifting the coach the high pressure line supplies the fluid and the bottom hose returns the fluid below the ram seal to the fluid tank and is under little pressure. The pump will shout down if the pressure in the top hose exceeds 3,200 psi. This system applies pressure to the rams in pairs

When retracting the ram the lower hose supplies pressure and the top hose acts as the fluid return. When the the pressure in all lower hoses reaches 1,500 psi the pump shouts off and the retracted light illuminates. Should the pressure in the return line drop to 1,300 psi the alarm will sound (if the parking brake is off) and the panel show jacks down.
Great overview Beau

I have had replacements made at Napa and almost any implement dealer can make them
Old 09-24-2022, 05:39 PM   #6

Model: Tuscany 42GX
State: Missouri
THOR #9178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grampa View Post
I have a 2017 Thor Miramar 37.1. One of the orange hoses on top of the leveling jacks has a very slight drip. I was able to tighten it . My question is if I do need to replace the hose. Is it under pressure.

Thank you
I had a couple drips on the Tuscany when it was new. Tightened the fittings with a tubing wrench and they are still holding 6 years later
Old 09-24-2022, 06:27 PM   #7

THOR #22927
Thank you all great information.
Old 10-06-2022, 04:06 PM   #8

Model: Wind sport 29M
THOR #24352
Is there any way to retract my jacks while having "low battery" displaying. Checked all the fuses and breakers. Might it be the inverter where the remote to the inverter is not working. All those fuses are ok too. house batteries were just changed out. I'm kind of stuck here for now can't rule out C 4

Thanks in advance

2018 Thor wind sport 29M
2020 Hyundai Tuscon Toad
4 year old Basset hound
smitty1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 04:38 PM   #9

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty1020 View Post
Is there any way to retract my jacks while having "low battery" displaying. Checked all the fuses and breakers. Might it be the inverter where the remote to the inverter is not working. All those fuses are ok too. house batteries were just changed out. I'm kind of stuck here for now can't rule out C 4

Thanks in advance
Best to try emergency retract. Start the engine and leave the gear selector in PARK. Release the parking brake. The jacks should retract. If the house batteries are low it might take a while for the jacks to retract. Don't worry about the warning buzzer as that is normal. When the all jacks up appears turn the system off.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 06:29 PM   #10
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty1020 View Post

Thanks in advance
The inverter has nothing to do with the "low voltage" sense on the levelers.
The "low voltage" normally occurs because you don't have charging voltage applied from the engine alternator (or converter if plugged in).
You can retract the jacks by using the Manual mode on the panel and then holding the RETRACT button until the "Jacks Down" light extinguishes.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote