Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 11-01-2020, 01:21 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New Jersey
THOR #21064
Low point drain plugs

Hi I have a 2021 Thor Freedom Elite 26HE and can't find the low point drain plugs anywhere. I have looked everywhere under it, under both benches and sink but can't seem to find them. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Old 11-01-2020, 01:38 PM   #2

Model: 2011 FW Hurricane 33T
State: England
THOR #16471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Anderson View Post
Hi I have a 2021 Thor Freedom Elite 26HE and can't find the low point drain plugs anywhere. I have looked everywhere under it, under both benches and sink but can't seem to find them. Can someone point me in the right direction?
This thread, spec. #15 may be the answer...

Location of water tank drain
Old 11-02-2020, 09:39 PM   #3

THOR #21064
low point drain valves

Thanks, that looks like the one for potable water but still can't find the hot water low point drain valve. I did take out the plug and drain it but I would think there is a low point drain somewhere.
Old 11-02-2020, 11:21 PM   #4

Model: Quantum RQ29
State: Ohio
THOR #13648
I had to contact Thor. My valves are hidden behind a panel under the kitchen sink. On the outside they don't hang down very far at all. It's not like the ones on all my TT's.
Old 11-12-2020, 03:32 PM   #5

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
THOR #15553
You will find 2 low point drains. 1 hot 1 cold. Both will have caps or valves on them . You will also find 1 FW tank drain and possibly a ventloverflow line.
Old 11-12-2020, 08:13 PM   #6

Model: 2019 Freedom Elite 30FE
State: New York
THOR #16600
My 30FE low points are under the bed next to the pump. I don't know the configuration of your unit, but maybe this helps.
Old 11-24-2020, 08:10 PM   #7

Model: Freedom Elite 26HE
State: Texas
THOR #16975
Trying to winterize my 2019 Freedom Elite 26HE and can't find the low point drains. I found 2 pipes underneath that I think are the drains but I'm resisting taking measurements from the outside and transferring those measurements to the inside to find them that way. (Lying on my back on wet concrete is not my idea of fun!) Thor seems slow to respond to phone calls to their Customer Support line.

But a thought crossed my mind (it happens very occasionally!) The schematics from Thor show the drains between the water heater and the bathroom shower. Given that I'm going to pump anti-freeze through those lines until it comes out through the shower and bathroom faucets, won't the anti-freeze displace any water still in the pipes at the low points?

The other question is can I trust the Thor schematics? They show a water pump at the wrong place which doesn't give me a good feeling about them!
Old 12-08-2020, 08:31 PM   #8

THOR #21064
Freedom Elite HW low point drain

I have a 2021 Freedom Elite and couldn't find my hot water low point drain valve, neither could anyone else. I registered my FE with Thor at https://www.thormotorcoach.com/owner-resource/ and all the manuals for everything in your particular RV are there in PDF form. I found the manual for the HW tank and found out there is NO low point drain. It says to drain the tank by removing the tank plug, open the HW tank door on the side of the RV and you will see it. It also says there will be approximately 2 quarts of water remaining in the tank that won't hurt it if it freezes. To blow out those 2 quarts it has to be done through the blow off valve. So I guess the old saying still holds true; when all else fails read the directions!

My potable water drain is under the bench seat closest to the cab and the HW tank diverter valves are behind a panel under the kitchen sink. Good Luck!
Old 12-09-2020, 02:42 AM   #9

Model: Freedom Elite 26HE
THOR #16975
Thanks. Yes I do have the pdfs and the plumbing schematic for the 2019 model year does show low point drains but there's nothing to say how to access them. I've assumed that since I can get anti-freeze coming out of the shower, bathroom faucets and toilet then I'm good to go as the anti-freeze will have flowed through the low points to get there.

I've contacted Thor through phone and their website and haven't received any response - it's been over a week!

I've emptied the HW tank but do need to get rid of any deposits still in there. I just bought a Camco wand to do that job.
Old 09-01-2022, 06:30 PM   #10

THOR #27708
My hot water tank bypass valves are under the forward dinette seat. 2022 24he. Is each one different?
Old 09-01-2022, 07:33 PM   #11
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAZYDOG View Post
My hot water tank bypass valves are under the forward dinette seat. 2022 24he. Is each one different?
This thread is almost two years old
Old 09-01-2022, 07:53 PM   #12
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAZYDOG View Post
Is each "what" different?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 10:21 PM   #13

Model: Chateau 24F
THOR #16721
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Is each "what" different?
My understanding is he means "is each COACH different" in where the low point drains are located...
Old 09-01-2022, 10:53 PM   #14

THOR #27708
I've heard stories about various manufacturers not having or providing schematics and if they did, they weren't followed.
I called Thor and was sent a 32 page set. Very happy. Thanks Brian
Old 09-02-2022, 12:00 AM   #15
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
My understanding is he means "is each COACH different" in where the low point drains are located...
OK....... I thought it was obvious that different floor plans would have different locations for everything.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 12:54 AM   #16

Model: Chateau 24F
THOR #16721
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
OK....... I thought it was obvious that different floor plans would have different locations for everything.
Yep, me too. But...
Old 12-21-2022, 10:32 PM   #17

THOR #28705
Low Point Drain Valves - 2022 26HE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Anderson View Post
I have what they tell me is the 2022 Freedom Elite 26HE and I FINALLY found the valves. They are located next to the water pump underneath the rear seat of the dinette (the one next to the sink). I had to remove the panel under the seat cushions of course. The valves operate by pulling up on the ring. They do not spring back so be sure to push down to close the drain. Be advised, in my case, they drain right onto an electrical connector on the undercarriage.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Low Point Drain Valves.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	177.9 KB
ID:	40424