Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-26-2022, 09:32 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane /four seasons
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #14567
Replacing blinds

how do I get access to the top of the blinds in behind the storage cabinets. Need to replace a couple.

Old 05-06-2022, 05:52 PM   #2

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Not sure if my comments will apply to your 2006 Hurricane blinds situation or not, but they might help someone else in future. Sometimes in the RV industry things stay the same, so if your window in question has a valence covering a horizontal venetian blind assembly and you are trying to get them all off the window, then my 2013 ACE 30.1 blind access info may help you a little.
The valence is held on by typically two screws accessed from underneath behind the valence looking up. Each screw passes through a corresponding metal L brackes mounted to the wall over the window and screws into the wooden valence at the top. Once the valence is removed you might also see two plastic mounting clips which hold the venetian blind square main body in place. These two clips are mounted to the wall over the window also and when released allow the venetian blind to come off. The hardest part is trying to figure out how to release the plastic retainer clips for the venetian blind. I am attaching a picture of one set of mounting clips in my coach and my instructions for releasing the plastic clips......but they might not apply to your situation.......and they may be clear as mud since it has been a while since I had the blinds off on one of our windows. Hope some part of this helps you or someone else out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Valence bracket left and blind clip right.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	37328  
Old 05-06-2022, 05:58 PM   #3

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
THOR #2631
Ooops had to change docx to doc format for posting......trying again to post it.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Kitchen Window remove valence and venetian blinds.doc (15.0 KB, 33 views)
Old 05-19-2022, 11:07 AM   #4

Brand: Airstream
THOR #24702
Find the L-brackets that hold the window treatment against the wall. Remove the screws in all L-brackets with just a screw gun and a #2 square bit. If you have larger fingers, an extender may be a great idea for reaching. I did this recently by replacing my roller shades with new window blinds. If your blind has L-bracket retaining clips, you'll have to remove it to get to the screws that keep the window treatment in place.