Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-11-2022, 08:28 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Ontario
THOR #27353
Miramar 35.2 Passenger Window Leaking into the Window Track

Hi folks,

I have Hehr frameless windows in the cockpit area and the passenger side window has a leak. The water gathers in the track. I have cleaned out the weeping holes I can find, but can't seem to find the weeping holes for the fixed, outside window. Anyone has any experience with this? Can anyone point me in the right direction to find those weeping holes? Many thanks in advance.

Old 07-13-2022, 12:04 AM   #2

Model: Axis 25.3
State: Michigan
THOR #20290
You may need to check/clean those weep holes more than once as well as check the window track. We had a similar problem with a kitchen window on our Axis. It turns out there was a small piece of (presumably) trimmed off rubber gasket caught in the track. The water would back up and eventually flood the track until we discovered the little piece (and it was small) stuck in the weep hole after multiple attempts at finding the problem.

Also, check the caulking on the outside of the window. May have a minuscule leak that is allowing the water in in the first place. Yes, had that happen too on our driver side window.

Luckily both very easy fixes once you actually ID the real source of the problem.
Old 07-14-2022, 01:58 PM   #3

State: Ontario
THOR #27353
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVwife View Post
You may need to check/clean those weep holes more than once as well as check the window track. We had a similar problem with a kitchen window on our Axis. It turns out there was a small piece of (presumably) trimmed off rubber gasket caught in the track. The water would back up and eventually flood the track until we discovered the little piece (and it was small) stuck in the weep hole after multiple attempts at finding the problem.

Also, check the caulking on the outside of the window. May have a minuscule leak that is allowing the water in in the first place. Yes, had that happen too on our driver side window.

Luckily both very easy fixes once you actually ID the real source of the problem.
Thanks for this. Still looking for the culprit... but I have hope

Tags
hehr, miramar 35.2, weeping holes, window leak