Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 06-01-2021, 12:40 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: California
THOR #22296
2018 Thor 27.2 Ace motorized step

The step stopped working. There does not seem to be any power to the unit. Does anyone know where the fuse for it is?

Old 06-01-2021, 01:40 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
Simple things first. Is the Step switch to the on position? Is the ignition switch off?
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 01:37 PM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
State: California
THOR #22296
Thank you for your reply. The switch is in the on position and the ignition is off.
I tried turning the ignition on and off and the switch off and on. Nothing seems to work. I had crawled under the RV and checked for voltage on the incoming red wire on the four pin connector. There was zero volts which is why I thought it might be a fuse.
Old 06-01-2021, 02:46 PM   #4

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
This probably does not help you folks much, but the steps are usually powered from chassis battery. On my 2013 ACE, which is equipped with the RV Custom BCC located in the engine bay driver side front, the step motor and step related control fusing is actually located inside the BCC. Step motor is a 25 amp fuse and the step switch is a 5 amp fuse......in case that helps if they use similar sized fuses in the newer ACEs. I am pretty sure that new ACE units do not use the RV Custom BCC, but I would expect by contacting Thor tech you should be able to get direction to where the step fuses are located. Failing that, I would try the fuse panel at the driver’s left foot area first (assuming that is still its location). Good luck.
Old 06-14-2021, 12:31 AM   #5

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Suggest you grab a volt meter and see if you’re getting power to the motor. Or the controller. The electric system is pretty straightforward. My steps stopped working once and it ended up just being a jammed linkage. I was just sure it was electrical. The linkage is held to the drive mechanism by a cotter pin. Once removed the steps will move by hand (useful to know so you can keep camping by just deploying or stowing the steps manually). Good luck.