Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 07-18-2018, 07:51 PM   #1

Brand: Airstream
Model: 30' Land Yacht
State: Nevada
THOR #12404
Motorhome Hood latch cable broke

The cable to the hood of our 2003 30' Airstream motorhome broke. I'm trying to find a replacement. I found out from a Workhorse repair place that the part number on the cable is a Ford cable. Calling the local Ford truck dealer, based on the number, the cable is a 1979 part. I guess that's what fit to get from the front of the hood to the inside of the driver's area! Anyway, anyone know of a source of replacement on this cable? The part number is d9ab-16c-658ab. My husband thinks the cable is quite long, like maybe 6 or 7 feet. I think many Thor models have this same body style. Any help appreciated!

Old 07-18-2018, 08:05 PM   #2

THOR #12404
Not sure why I can't upload a photo with my post....
Old 07-18-2018, 09:05 PM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 22FE
State: New York
THOR #5330
Contact Ford and have them order you one. You already have the part number so it's pretty easy to give them the number.
Old 07-19-2018, 04:16 AM   #4

THOR #12404
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpmath View Post
Contact Ford and have them order you one. You already have the part number so it's pretty easy to give them the number.
Thank.

Cpmath, thank you. I've tried that. One dealer sent me to a dealer in Kansas. He said they no longer have it and the part is obsolete. I did find out that it came from a 1980-1989 Ford Crown Victoria or Mercury Grand Marquis. However Ford no longer has it. Looked online for one, no luck. Also tried local PickNPull places, even an All Ford junk yard about 3 hrs away (oops, recycler). No luck. If anyone knows of an old one of these vehicles sitting around, please pass it along!