Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 08-04-2015, 09:59 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Massachusetts
THOR #2587
My brand new Ace slide is not working

I hope I can find some help here. We purchased a brand new Thor Ace in April of this year. We have had several problems so far but this one is the worst. We have put the slide out to prepare to go away this weekend and it is leveled like the manual said. We went to put it in to get ready and it will not go in. Our observation is one end is going in and the other is not the same. What can we do to fix it we tried to push it in by unplugging the motors and when the motors are plugged it move a little and then stops. We have a call in to a mobile repair but has anyone out there have a problem. We traded our Sun Seeker and never had any slide problems so we are at a loss. We only have 1600 miles on the coach and at this point are not to happy with the quality.

Old 08-04-2015, 10:10 PM   #2

Model: Citation Sprinter 24SR
State: Oregon
THOR #972
Check these two videos. There may be an answer there. Sorry - you may have to copy and paste in a browser. Haven't figured how to put video into posts yet.

Ed
2015 Citation Sprinter 24SR

Old 08-05-2015, 12:31 PM   #3

THOR #2587
I tried the syncing thing and it did not work also it stops when I tried the process and the noise of the motor seems strained. I called a mobile repair and they said 3 weeks before they can get to me. We are scheduled to leave for a month stay at a campground and looks like we are going to have to lose the fee and stay home waiting for a repair service.
Old 08-05-2015, 01:30 PM   #4
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgianni View Post
I tried the syncing thing and it did not work also it stops when I tried the process and the noise of the motor seems strained. I called a mobile repair and they said 3 weeks before they can get to me. We are scheduled to leave for a month stay at a campground and looks like we are going to have to lose the fee and stay home waiting for a repair service.
When the slide stops is the controller flashing any errors? The controller is generally mounted on the ceiling of a storage compartment below the slide. The light on the controller will flash the codes and the codes are listed on the controller. The picture attached is for the controller on my Challenger which may be the same as your coach. The errors are the number of red flashes between the green flashes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	slide contoller.JPG
Views:	155
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	637

If the controller is flashing an error you may want to call Lippert and talk to them. They may be able to get you serviced quicker than 3 weeks. Lippert's number is 574-534-0001.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 07:42 PM   #5

THOR #2587
well I finally got the slide in and now should I try to sync it like in the manual. The directions say use the control to slide out and in an inch or two 3 times and then on the 4th slide it out and then it should sync
Old 08-05-2015, 07:54 PM   #6
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
well I finally got the slide in and now should I try to sync it like in the manual. The directions say use the control to slide out and in an inch or two 3 times and then on the 4th slide it out and then it should sync
Did you check to see if the controller is flashing an error? If an error is being flashed the sync process may do no good and you may have to manually retract the slide again. If the controller is not flashing an error then you can try the sync process and that may solve your problem.

When I had my problem the error being flashed was for a disconnect between the controller and a slide motor and one motor was completely disconnected causing the slide to jam in a partially opened position.
FMCA - F432054
Old 08-05-2015, 09:09 PM   #7

THOR #2587
Nothing is flashing so I will give it a try, just to be clear will it start flashing when anything goes wrong with the slide? Before I overrode it was flashing and then I got it in and there was no flashing.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:33 PM   #8

Model: Palazzo
State: Texas
THOR #2072
Just remember to always hold the button in for 3 to 5 seconds when you put the slide in or out. That will keep it in sync.
FMCA F451520 - Texas Boomers
Daveht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 09:50 PM   #9
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Nothing is flashing so I will give it a try, just to be clear will it start flashing when anything goes wrong with the slide? Before I overrode it was flashing and then I got it in and there was no flashing.
If something goes wrong the controller should flash. If you disconnected the motor from the controller to push the slide in you may have reset the code. Trying to sync the slide may again find the error and if so the controller may start flashing again. If it does count the number of red flashes sandwiched between green flashes and that will indicate the error.

If you are lucky, and hopefully this is the case, syncing the slide will solve your problem.
FMCA - F432054
Old 08-05-2015, 11:20 PM   #10

THOR #2587
Well I am not lucky, it flashed and there is a short between the controller and the motor. Now will have to get that info to fix it.
Old 08-05-2015, 11:52 PM   #11
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Well I am not lucky, it flashed and there is a short between the controller and the motor. Now will have to get that info to fix it.
That is the error I received on mine when the wire to the motor came unplugged at the motor. You may want to check the connection at both motors. My wire came loose because Thor forgot to install the bulb seal which serves as a wire chase. They authorized mobile service and the tech connected the wire and temporarily taped it in place. Thor then sent me the bulb seal which I installed and I haven't had any problems since and the slide has been extended and retracted a couple dozen times since.
FMCA - F432054
Old 08-06-2015, 12:21 AM   #12

THOR #2587
978 807-3944 would it be a problem for you to give us a call, no problem if not
Old 08-06-2015, 12:40 AM   #13
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
978 807-3944 would it be a problem for you to give us a call, no problem if not

Was this message asking to call intended for me?
FMCA - F432054