Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-18-2019, 11:38 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.6
State: Mississippi
THOR #16421
PA-TT,
How did you get the firmware update? Having to manually change back to camera mode after each turn signal gets old quick! Thanks!

Old 08-18-2019, 11:47 PM   #22
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikiS View Post
PA-TT,
How did you get the firmware update? Having to manually change back to camera mode after each turn signal gets old quick! Thanks!
Thor Forums - Search Results
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 12:06 AM   #23

Model: Axis 25.6
State: North Carolina
THOR #16478
Our screen froze on our Axxera AVM82NAV on first day an hour after we left the dealership this past week when I touched the volume button to listen to the navigation. Now nothing works. This on a brand new Axis 25.6. Will call them on Monday.
Old 08-20-2020, 08:10 PM   #24

State: Ohio
THOR #20149
Brand Replacement?

Hey all, reading through this forum, I see I need to replace my Axxera AV615BHM in my new to me 2017 Hurricane 29M. Same thing is happening to me. Sometime I can get it to snap back and get the screen working again by pressing real hard in certain places, but this is getting frustrating. So my question is what radio are you replacing your Axxera with? I dont want to lose my rearview mirror or side view mirror capabilities.

I actually put a subwoofer in mine and new speaker all around and it is sounding NICE! but now my radio is f-in up.
Old 08-20-2020, 08:17 PM   #25
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by oreocoop View Post
Hey all, reading through this forum, I see I need to replace my Axxera AV615BHM in my new to me 2017 Hurricane 29M. Same thing is happening to me. Sometime I can get it to snap back and get the screen working again by pressing real hard in certain places, but this is getting frustrating. So my question is what radio are you replacing your Axxera with? I dont want to lose my rearview mirror or side view mirror capabilities.

I actually put a subwoofer in mine and new speaker all around and it is sounding NICE! but now my radio is f-in up.
Any double-DIN radio with an AV input for a camera will work.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 03:14 AM   #26

State: Ohio
THOR #20149
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Any double-DIN radio with an AV input for a camera will work.
Update: I updated my radio to a Kenwood and you were right. My rear camera still works when I shift into reverse and side view cameras still show as well when using the turn signals. Sound quality, to tell you the truth, is about the same as the Axxera was. But there is more functionality in this Kenwood. Also has Android Auto, so that will be nice. Hopefully the radio will stand up to the vibrations of the cab when going down the road. I assume that's why the touch screen on the Axxera separates from the circuit board.