Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-19-2017, 12:03 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29
State: Indiana
THOR #9245
Need help with Axxera AVM70LH

Proud owner of a brand new Windsport 29M. Except for the issue with the debris left in the black tank at the factory it has been a dream come true. My only nagging issue is the touch screen Axxera display lost its touch screen ability. It just locked up, nothing you touched did anything. The radio still played, the side view cameras still came on when you used the turn signal, but you could do nothing with the touch screen. I tried the reset button but all that did was loose the one radio station I had. Wife was able to use remote to scan for a new station to get us home. The strangest part was it failed in the driveway. It was locked up when we left. I thought maybe I had touched two buttons at once to lock it up, but there is nothing in the manual about a lock screen. Anyone have any ideas? I searched the forums and this thing looks like a piece of junk by all the issues folks are having with it.

Old 09-19-2017, 02:39 AM   #2

Model: Four Winds
State: Ontario
THOR #9081
Might want to try to kill the power to it, and see if it corrects itself when it comes back to life. Would be very interested in the solution you find for the fix.
Good Luck.
Old 09-21-2017, 01:12 AM   #3

Model: Windsport 29
State: Indiana
THOR #9245
Talked to the tech help today. He said the unit had a board failure. Sounds like the faceplate came disconnected to the board. It has to go back under warranty. Oh joy...
Old 09-24-2017, 01:26 AM   #4

State: Alaska
THOR #8813
Same issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeryboats View Post
Proud owner of a brand new Windsport 29M. Except for the issue with the debris left in the black tank at the factory it has been a dream come true. My only nagging issue is the touch screen Axxera display lost its touch screen ability. It just locked up, nothing you touched did anything. The radio still played, the side view cameras still came on when you used the turn signal, but you could do nothing with the touch screen. I tried the reset button but all that did was loose the one radio station I had. Wife was able to use remote to scan for a new station to get us home. The strangest part was it failed in the driveway. It was locked up when we left. I thought maybe I had touched two buttons at once to lock it up, but there is nothing in the manual about a lock screen. Anyone have any ideas? I searched the forums and this thing looks like a piece of junk by all the issues folks are having with it.

Mine did same thing. Called AXXERA and it is a bad batch of radios that went out. Thor is also aware of this, Have to change radio no way to fix. Mine was bad from day 1. Who installs a touch screen radio but doesn't check it?
Old 09-24-2017, 03:40 AM   #5

Model: Four Winds
State: Ontario
THOR #9081
Mine completely died during the PDI. Nothing on the screen. They changed it before I left. They originally thought it was the fuse, but it was fine. Hope the original was part of the bad lot, and my new one will be good to last.
Old 09-27-2017, 02:13 PM   #6
Kev

Model: Windsport
State: Florida
THOR #3918
Axxera

My Axxera just stop working on my new Windsport. I had no trouble with the Axxera in the Vegas. New radio on order from Thor. Hopefully the new one will be trouble free.
Old 05-09-2018, 07:45 PM   #7

THOR #11587
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlgorski View Post
Mine did same thing. Called AXXERA and it is a bad batch of radios that went out. Thor is also aware of this, Have to change radio no way to fix. Mine was bad from day 1. Who installs a touch screen radio but doesn't check it?
My Axxera AVM70LH touchscreen also died... waiting to see if it can be repaired / replaced...
Old 05-09-2018, 08:05 PM   #8

THOR #6491
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenJ View Post
My Axxera AVM70LH touchscreen also died... waiting to see if it can be repaired / replaced...

Ours died 3 times. Was replaced once. After third time got new pioneer..
Old 05-09-2018, 11:10 PM   #9

Model: Aria 3901
State: Idaho
THOR #9660
mine is a different model, AVM72NAV. The first one's touch screen never worked. Thor sent me a new one. Second one worked great until nav quit completely. Just got a replacement from Thor today. Takes about 2 minutes to install. Way easier than driving to the dealer and having them keep it for weeks before they look at it.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:37 AM   #10

State: British Columbia
THOR #11605
Just drove my unit home and the sound froze and I had to restart truck in order to hear the radio again. What has everyone done about the terrible sound? It looks that my unit only has 2 dash speakers and they sound like they did back in the 50's..My unit will answer/end calls via the steering wheel buttons, but I can't dial someone...I have to go to the phone and press send. Anyone had similar issues? I haven't tried the mirror thing yet.
Old 09-01-2018, 07:18 PM   #11

State: Washington
THOR #12916
Angry axera radio thor 2018 RQ29

Our radio display wouldn't turn off last night. Now the screen is frozen and we couldn't get the side or back cameras or radio to work today, Tried main power switch off/on with different combinations with starting motor. Any suggestions?
Old 09-01-2018, 07:20 PM   #12
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorchmobile View Post
Our radio display wouldn't turn off last night. Now the screen is frozen and we couldn't get the side or back cameras or radio to work today, Tried main power switch off/on with different combinations with starting motor. Any suggestions?
Use a paperclip: push and hold the reset buttton.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 03:47 AM   #13

State: Arizona
THOR #12970
I had the same problem. The side cameras and backup along with the radio would work. There is a reset button on the upper left side next to the name Exxra. You need a pin or something smLl because the hole is very tiny. Push bad hold for 3 second and it will reset the software and everything will come back to nomal.
Old 09-05-2018, 02:25 PM   #14

State: New Jersey
THOR #8931
2018 Thor 37rb. My Axera radio came with a bad SD card. Call Thor they sent a new one had it installed everything works fine
Old 09-05-2018, 09:41 PM   #15

Model: 2018 23FE
State: Maine
THOR #12991
Radio

You all are not filling me with confidence. I just bought an '18 Thor Freedom Elite 23H.
It has an AXXera AVM70LH model radio. I've only run about 4-5 days so far. The one issue I have is a missing remote controller. Dealer says they don't have it. Called radio vendor and they pointed me to Thor. Called Thor customer service and they're suppose to be sending me a remote. I thought I was going to get on the dealer-vendor-Thor merry-go-round. None of these people I spoke with mentioned anything about a bad batch of radios.. Time will tell.
Old 09-05-2018, 10:40 PM   #16

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
Welcome to the forum. I could have sent you my remote control as I don't use the blasted thing. I'm too old to start using a remote control for a car stereo.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 12:43 PM   #17

Model: Freedom elite
THOR #12255
Need help with Axxera AVM70LH

Ours did not work so we took it to camping world twice and they replaced it with the same model. It didn’t work second time out. Got tired of messing with it so replaced it with a pioneer too! No problems since replaced!
Old 09-11-2018, 03:50 PM   #18

Model: Axis 27.7
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #12085
Did the firmware update allowing auto switching to rear camera after a turn. Great.

Now I am blessed with the non-functioning touch screen on my Axxera AVM70LH. Called Thor, their customer service told me to call dealer to get repair and replacement. Great, a two hour round trip.

I think my solution is going to be a replacement with another brand that also gives me better features like CarPlay.
Old 07-24-2019, 01:00 AM   #19

Model: Freedom Elite 23H
THOR #8705
My avm70lh touch screen is not working (after 2 years)
Will try CW Tomorrow. Is yours still fine?
Steve D
Old 07-24-2019, 01:06 AM   #20

Model: 2018 23FE
THOR #12991
Radio Working

All's fine with my radio. Dealer even located and sent along the remote controller I was missing. So far, no problems with the touch screen.