Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-03-2021, 12:47 PM   #1
RCS

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Magnitude XG32
State: Texas
THOR #24446
Need an opinion on warranty service

This will be my first warranty service since we left the dealer in south Florida. I need to have a separating seam issue that Thor said to have looked at by a repair facility. I am in the San Antonio area and it seems my choices are Camping World (New Braunfels) or Explore USA RV Supercenter (Boerne). I don’t know anything about either of these, but wonder if anyone can recommend one over the other.

RCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 01:18 PM   #2

Model: Miramar 35.3
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #20808
Never Camping World.... smaller dealers typically are better. I have no dealing with either of these two locations.
Old 09-03-2021, 01:45 PM   #3
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
First is find a dealer willing to service what they did not sell in a decent timeframe. The dealer and not you or Thor will make that decision for you. Camping World may be your only choice or ask Thor to approve an independent shop.
Old 09-03-2021, 05:02 PM   #4

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
I had thor approve an independent shop!
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 07:21 PM   #5

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCS View Post
This will be my first warranty service since we left the dealer in south Florida. I need to have a separating seam issue that Thor said to have looked at by a repair facility. I am in the San Antonio area and it seems my choices are Camping World (New Braunfels) or Explore USA RV Supercenter (Boerne). I don’t know anything about either of these, but wonder if anyone can recommend one over the other.
Are you talking about the front cap / cab-over issue where the front cap mounts to the house?

If so there have been numerous posts on here by me and other Magnitude / Omni owners. There are not enough screws and the screws used are too small that attach the front cap to the cab roof and the house box walls. As a result, screw heads start pushing through the molding on the driver and passenger side. The screws eventually break or fall out.

If this is your issue, I personally would only allow the Thor Service Center in Wakarusa, IN perform the repair. That is where I had mine fixed.

I would not trust a dealer. I might trust a shop that specializes in major RV repair and restoration but under warranty the Factory Service Center is your best option. Ask Thor Warranty Customer Service to get you scheduled in Wakarusa if this is your seam issue.
Old 09-03-2021, 09:26 PM   #6

Model: Hurricane 31S
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCS View Post
I had my major accident repair ($14,500) done by Iron Horse RV of San Antonio. TX. They are a repair and service place of the highest quality, but they are not a dealer. I would guess that Thor MC would authorize repair at their shop, but Iron Horse may not accept the repair; as the IHRV's labor rate is well above what Thor MC normally authorizes.

<http://www.ironhorserv.com/>

Another non-dealer place is Texas RV Supply of San Antonio. I have purchased major components from them and know the do repair, but I have no repair experience with them.

Because these are repair and service only locations, they have to maintain a good reputation to stay in business. This time of year, I suspect both locations are booked solid.
I passed a new Onmi on US-90 west bound just east of Castroville about 1 pm to day. I guess I should have honked.
Beau388 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 11:29 PM   #7
RCS

Model: Magnitude XG32
THOR #24446
Thanks everyone, I appreciate your advice. We are currently in Alabama and headed back to Texas. I will call Thor next week and see what my options are.
RCS is offline   Reply With Quote