Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 05-03-2021, 05:29 PM   #21
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Did they look at the slide as camping critical and if so what is the repair plan?

Old 05-03-2021, 05:40 PM   #22

Model: 2021 Emblem 36U
State: Virginia
THOR #21648
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Did they look at the slide as camping critical and if so what is the repair plan?
yes - it would be covered under the keep you camping guarantee. However, they do not have the parts in stock

No parts - No guarantee
Old 05-03-2021, 05:52 PM   #23
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by witthuus View Post
yes - it would be covered under the keep you camping guarantee. However, they do not have the parts in stock

No parts - No guarantee
And that is where you are at the mercy of Jayco. Has Jayco given you any indication of the ship time for the parts?
Old 05-03-2021, 06:11 PM   #24

THOR #21648
Quote:
And that is where you are at the mercy of Jayco. Has Jayco given you any indication of the ship time for the parts?
Yes, and that is where my frustration started: June/July

I opened a case and am hoping that this will speed up the process but haven't heard back yet. Another week of silence.
Old 05-03-2021, 06:26 PM   #25

Brand: DRV
Model: Mobile Suites 36RSB3
State: Florida
THOR #17449
A huge and frustrating issue going on nation wide is back order of parts. I'm sure they want to get you going but don't have the parts for the repair. See if jayco can pull the parts off of the line
Old 05-03-2021, 07:40 PM   #26

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
X2 on parts back ordered. I wanted to put a second AC on my coach last fall and there wasn’t one to be found nationwide. Small parts can be worse. And it’s not just RVs. I had my catalytic converter stolen and Ford couldn’t sell me one in over 3 months. I finally tracked one down in a parts store in Indianapolis so we could take our snowbird trip but it was no thanks to Ford.
Old 05-03-2021, 07:47 PM   #27
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
x 3...
They finally got our Theater seating in, and will be installing it this week.
(Seven Months... )
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 07:37 PM   #28

Model: 34j hurricane
State: Arizona
THOR #20884
Unhappy

Sorry to hear. I feel your pain
Old 05-08-2021, 07:44 PM   #29

State: South America
THOR #19174
I feel your pain. I have a 2020 Windsport. No Customer Service from the Dealer. My unit was at their facility 6 months while under warranty. After repairs were done I received a TSB or the inverter. I called Thor out of warranty by 3 days. They will not cover the part since is was not done within the warranty period.

I thought I wanted to buy an Entegra but since Thor purchased them, I will now not buy one. I purchased my Last Thor. First and only one.
Old 05-08-2021, 08:47 PM   #30

Model: ACE - 29
State: Arkansas
THOR #6797
Similar issues

I had similar issues with my slide. I took it to my dealer and the tech happened to tell me the factory may be the best. I called for an appointment and got 3 months out. I decided just to make a trip out of it and drove to IN. I then went to the service area and explained. They said they could probably do it the next day around 2. They pulled the slide and found a board blocking it. Fixed it oiled all parts, etc. I was out of warranty but no charge. The service dept was great and they provided a free full hookup while I waited. If I was up I would plan a trip. Good luck!
Old 05-08-2021, 10:38 PM   #31

Model: ACE 29.4
State: Ohio
THOR #4541
Quote:
Originally Posted by furbyj View Post
I had similar issues with my slide. I took it to my dealer and the tech happened to tell me the factory may be the best. I called for an appointment and got 3 months out. I decided just to make a trip out of it and drove to IN. I then went to the service area and explained. They said they could probably do it the next day around 2. They pulled the slide and found a board blocking it. Fixed it oiled all parts, etc. I was out of warranty but no charge. The service dept was great and they provided a free full hookup while I waited. If I was up I would plan a trip. Good luck!
Wow, that is a great outcome. I truly believe that RV manufacturers and RV service providers really want to do the right thing when it comes to warranty issues. Yes, there are some bad actors out there. Poor communication and customer frustration often get in the way of solving issues.
Old 05-09-2021, 01:52 AM   #32
MLP

State: California
THOR #17478
I had my used Thor Palazzo main slide fail early last year. Covid hit and the dealer closed for two weeks. This was due to one employee getting Covid. The factory then closed for a couple of weeks and then had a bare minimum crew to interface with. The dealer finally got new part numbers for the redesigned rails. Another three weeks for parts and then two for shipping do to Covid. Truckers had a hard time going from state to state - you should remember it was in the national news. Parts arrived and the slide was removed. Parts were the wrong size! A week and a half later Thor and my dealer finally connected and measurements were taken. Old part numbers to new were wrong and the correct parts were ordered. Another three weeks and the parts were in. Slide taken out again. Only three new gear rails were sent instead of four. Lucky the dealer's technician was a pack rat and had one that was like brand new, and the correct size. It had slight damage on one end and was from a past job. Just turn it around and it would be functional. I approved. Three days later I had my rig.

Covid and parts have mucked everything up.

Then after getting it home and opening the slide five times it jammed. Three inches open and the started to twist. Went out and found the outer vertical rails half pushed out and the rivets also popped loose. Called my dealer and got an appointment for two weeks later. So with the slide stuck we went on a weekend trip. Could just open the fridge enough to get some food in and out. A bit tight, but it worked. Got the rig in for repair. It took a week and a half for them to figure out how to open the slide. Turns out the technician ran the motor cable down the outside of the inner wall and it got caught in the guide rail. The outer rails had to be replaced so another three weeks for parts. No cost to us for the repair since it was their fault. Just a lot of apologizing for their error. So during Covid things do take a long time to get fixed. Mainly getting parts. I cannot say more about the appearance of the slide. It is like new and they replaced all seals outer, inner, and the bottom sweeps inside as well. Be patient. It is hard to do believe me.
Old 05-09-2021, 02:45 AM   #33

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
Back when I worked for a living life would have been so much easier if folks from the Thor forums were my customers. I could have half assed everything and made excuses when they complained. Instead we provided a quality product up front and bent over backwards when things didn't go as the customer expected. Things Thor and it's companies seem to never do.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 01:39 PM   #34
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Keefer View Post
Back when I worked for a living life would have been so much easier if folks from the Thor forums were my customers. I could have half assed everything and made excuses when they complained. Instead we provided a quality product up front and bent over backwards when things didn't go as the customer expected. Things Thor and it's companies seem to never do.
Quite a few repeat customers would beg to differ. I’ve had very good service from Thor and their customer service during and after their warranty period.

Your bad experience does not reflect Thor overall and nobody can please everyone especially those with buyers remorse.

If someone wants perfect don’t buy entry level.
Old 05-09-2021, 02:38 PM   #35

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Hi pictures email to integra may allow you to go to an independent rv repair. When I did this thor shipped parts in 2 days to independent rv and things fixed.
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 02:53 PM   #36

THOR #21648
I did get in touch with Entegra and suddenly things started moving. They mailed the parts to the dealer and provided me with a tracking#. Parts have been delivered a while ago but the service department didn't even know. Now that they did find out that they are in the possession of the parts, they are trying to find an available appointment - hopefully soon.

Thank you everybody for your help and support
Old 05-09-2021, 03:21 PM   #37

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Great news! Have a glass of wine my friend.
Soon you will be on the road to happiness.
Crap happens to all of us!
When you get to a campsite, look at the sky lake beach trees spouse etc it would have been worth it!
Trust me

Start looking for an independent rv repair go meet as we did and now we have his direct phone for any questions or fixes.
We will NEVER go to the dealer again!
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 04:51 PM   #38

Model: Hurricane 29M
THOR #11781
Quote:
Quite a few repeat customers would beg to differ. I’ve had very good service from Thor and their customer service during and after their warranty period.

Your bad experience does not reflect Thor overall and nobody can please everyone especially those with buyers remorse.

If someone wants perfect don’t buy entry level.
So an Entegra is an entry level coach?
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 05:05 PM   #39

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Keefer View Post
So an Entegra is an entry level coach?

Problems are not limited to entry level units. Individual coaches at all price levels can have issues. Some have many, some have few. But once you fix any “new bugs” that happen to have befallen your machine you’ll typically get many years of good service from any model. There always will be a need for lots of maintenance though. Unfortunately many people get frustrated and angry and give up early on.
Old 05-09-2021, 05:40 PM   #40

Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
THOR #13058
Quality is defined as fitness for use. Fitness is a function of expectations. Expectations is a derivative of knowledge, and knowledge is power. I was fortunate to have stumbled on this site 18 months before buying my coach. It has paid off in royal dividends. 80% of the posts I read of quality related issues, comes from owners that was not so fortunate to have had the insight of how the RV Industry works and the pitfalls that loom when things go wrong. I don't view others as excusing or giving the industry a few pass, but taking the facts as they may be, and working the system in your favor. I am glad the OP showed perseverance. In a way, I could make an argument in favor of his situation over mine, in that while I have not had any of the after purchase drama, I had to wait 18 months before I could say I found a coach that met my Quality standards. I walked away from two Coaches due to quality issues I found during PDI; one of which included a slide not working among other things. It is all perspective, but I am very pleased with how it turned out.

Note: It should be clarified that in my case, all of the issues noted that made me NOT purchase the previous two coaches; they were all Dealer induced issues and had nothing to do with Thor Mfg (IMO). So in a real sense I had trouble with RV Dealers not stepping up.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote