Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2021, 05:46 PM   #41

Brand: Entegra
Model: 2021 Emblem 36U
State: Virginia
THOR #21648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
Great news! Have a glass of wine my friend.
Soon you will be on the road to happiness.
Crap happens to all of us!
When you get to a campsite, look at the sky lake beach trees spouse etc it would have been worth it!
Trust me
oh yes, we can't wait to get out, sit at our first campfire with the new coach and have a (few) beers

Old 05-09-2021, 06:50 PM   #42

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Nevada
THOR #21367
Call the ONLY attorney in America who is no 1..Ron burge in Ohio I don't know if I spelled his name correctly but you'll find it on the internet he only deals with manufacturers who sell crappy RV products and he wins about 93% of his cases they don't like dealing with him because he knows what's wrong with those from the factory his experience is 30 years there is no one else in this country that will handle complex litigation such as he all others forget it you're wasting your time
Old 05-09-2021, 07:44 PM   #43
MLP

State: California
THOR #17478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Keefer View Post
So an Entegra is an entry level coach?
Not hardly. My Thor Palazzo is though.
Old 05-09-2021, 10:03 PM   #44
Site Team

Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Keefer View Post
So an Entegra is an entry level coach?
No and Entegra doesn’t have the same warranty issues a Thor Motor Coach rig has with customer service.

Thor Motor Coach markets to first time (entry level) buyers.

As a note, Entegra is owned by Thor Industries and is in no way controlled or managed by Thor Motor Coach.
Old 05-10-2021, 12:29 AM   #45

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Not true with thor..see this for $701,000

https://tiffinmotorhomes.com/class-a/zephyr
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 12:35 AM   #46
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Not true with thor..see this for $701,000

https://tiffinmotorhomes.com/class-a/zephyr
Tiffin is not under Thor Motor Coach. They are two different operating entities under Thor Industries. Your rig is Thor Motor Coach while my Entegra is not.

Thor Motor Coach markets to first time buyers as they state in the Thor Industries Annual Report to shareholders.
Old 05-10-2021, 12:40 AM   #47

THOR #20220
Hey I am not a 1st time buyer and love thor build and floor plans the 25.6 goes fits anywhere
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
Old 05-10-2021, 12:50 AM   #48
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Hey I am not a 1st time buyer and love thor build and floor plans the 25.6 goes fits anywhere
We weren’t either when we bought the Challenger. Aside from the POS Axxerra radio that coach was relatively problem free for the 5 years we owned it.
Old 05-10-2021, 11:48 PM   #49

Model: 2017 Quantum
THOR #9015
Hang in there

Sorry this gas happened to you. You have received some great advice from the group. Choose the best advice you think will work for you and work through the first year the best you can.

I just wanted to let you know I and many others have had similar experiences during our warranty periods. My issues were very troubling and caused significant down time when we could not use our rig. I blame both the manufacture and the dealer we used fir the repairs.

Having said that, we love our rig and repairs have smoothed out over time. Stuff still goes south all the time but we can usually still use the rig or we are able to get it repaired with out loosing too much rv time.

Once you get through the initial warranty bs I believe you will also be a more happy owner.

Just wanted you to know you are not alone and that things do improve for most owners even if the warranty issues are numerous and frustrating.
Old 05-11-2021, 11:55 PM   #50

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by witthuus View Post
I am sorry - I know I keep bothering you guys with my problems - but is is getting worse and worse every day. Or am I just impatient

I am totally frustrated right now - some of you might remember my older thread when I had issues with my brand new Entegra Coach - this story continues

I picked up my new 2021 Entegra Emblem on 3/22 and the problems started on my way back home
It took General RV quite a while before I did get an appointment - so I dropped the coach off in Ashland, VA on 4/14. On 4/20 I got a text message that they are still waiting on a bay to open up - why did I have an appointment on 4/14 ??

On 4/27 they called me that they would need to order parts and it will take about 2 months. This is when my frustration level reached 100 They requested me to pick up my unit and come back first week in July or they would charge $25/day storage fee. - WHAT ??? You are selling me an RV which does not even make it home and want me to be patient for more than 3 months to get it running AND charge storage fees ?? NO NO ! Well, she realized how pissed I was and after talkig to her supervisor, they waived the storage fee. Do I have to be thankful now ?

She had another surprise: my flooring has bubbles in the kitchen area. These bubbles cannot be fixed unless the entire flooring will be replaced. I was told that Entegra will not cover this under warranty as the affected area is too small and it would be just too expensive to fix that. Excuse me ?? Did I mention that this is a brand new RV - build in January 2021 ??

What would be your advise to speed this up ? I am paying for an unusable RV since March and for ( at least ) another 2 months and all I get is "I am so sorry ... "

I called Entegra Customer Service, complaint, got a sorry and a case number. I forwarded this case number to General RV and again: silence. Don't hear back from them, nobody responses to my calls and/or emails. Customer service at its best.

Do you get why I am frustrated ? I own and pay for a ( not cheap ) RV and am stranded because nobody cares. Why should they ? They have my money secured. Nobody returns any calls since I paid - you should have seen their motivation prior to me paying

Hope you guys can follow - my english is not fluent, but I try my best
My camping world never returns calls or emails. I call service and I'm told that no one is available leave a message. I told her they never return messages and I live 5 minutes away and I'll be right over. I walk in go right to service and they are doing nothing. I said they won't let me talk to you as usual, so are my parts in? Yes they are, I was just about to call you. I set the appointment and bring it in. I feel sorry for people that can only call because it will probably never be fixed
Old 05-12-2021, 01:17 AM   #51

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Johnson View Post
My camping world never returns calls or emails. I call service and I'm told that no one is available leave a message. I told her they never return messages and I live 5 minutes away and I'll be right over. I walk in go right to service and they are doing nothing. I said they won't let me talk to you as usual, so are my parts in? Yes they are, I was just about to call you. I set the appointment and bring it in. I feel sorry for people that can only call because it will probably never be fixed
That’s becuz their friends and neighbors get to sit at home collecting cash from the govt.
So the CW employees are trying to figure out a way to do the same
They’re thinkin’ instead of workin’
Old 05-12-2021, 01:48 AM   #52

THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorbob1 View Post
That’s becuz their friends and neighbors get to sit at home collecting cash from the govt.
So the CW employees are trying to figure out a way to do the same
They’re thinkin’ instead of workin’
They've been that way since 2018 way before Covid
Old 05-13-2021, 09:59 AM   #53

Model: 34j hurricane
State: Arizona
THOR #20884
I must add, it’s always been that way. Just walk in and you have all these eyes looking at you like what’s up ?
Old 05-13-2021, 12:32 PM   #54

THOR #20220
No kidding forget CW find an independent rv tech. I had some loose trim, a dog house screw was stripped and I wanted sound proofing under the passenger computer tray and my oil was a drop low all done for FREE!
Old 05-13-2021, 12:52 PM   #55

THOR #20274
I'm waiting for a window track almost a year now. CW now thinks they have found the right one, how long before that comes in. If CW gets the wrong one again I want the window replaced before the warranty is up.
Old 05-13-2021, 05:09 PM   #56
MLP

THOR #17478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Johnson View Post
Wow. And you have to let them actually do the work!
Old 05-13-2021, 06:27 PM   #57

THOR #20274
No other place near me that's authorized. I went in this morning the part is scheduled to be here on May 21. Once it's out of warranty I'll fix it myself. I contacted Thor about 3 months ago and they said they would call the manufacturer of the window and send me the part, I haven't heard anything
Old 05-13-2021, 07:42 PM   #58

THOR #20220
Replace the window and email document timestamp..sure all is ok
Old 05-14-2021, 01:15 AM   #59

THOR #20274
If it's not the right part again I'm going to call Thor and talk to a supervisor and tell them I want a new window and that I have all the emails for the last years paper trail to show they haven't done anything. I was about to call steele rubber and see if they have it.