Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2018, 10:56 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: New Hampshire
THOR #11533
New RVer

Just purchased a 2015 Ace 30.1. Any recommendations before driving it off the lot? Thanks

Old 05-05-2018, 11:06 AM   #2

Model: 2016 A.C.E. 30.1
State: South Carolina
THOR #5641
If you haven't already, have them plug everything in (and put water in the tank) so you can check if everything is working. Check if the hot water is working, frig is working, fill up the gray and black tank and then drain it. Check for any leaks at the sinks and shower. Run the A/C and Furnace, look at the dates on the tires to make sure they aren't to old and check the pressure. Open and close the slideouts. Check every electric outlet to make sure they work, kind of like doing a home inspection. I'm sure there is more you can do, but that is just off the top of my head.
Dippytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 11:23 AM   #3

Model: Outlaw 29h
State: New Jersey
THOR #8445
I want to start by saying I’m a new minted rv owner. Having said that here I go...I saw in another post that there is an inspection service similar to a home inspection service. Either that or get the longest warranty 60 or 90 days so you can bring it to an RV place to get it checked over. Also, carefully search this forum about comments regarding Camping World rv service centers.
Old 05-05-2018, 11:29 AM   #4

Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
THOR #3761
Congrats and welcome to the forum! Yes, you should definitely take your time and check EVERY system that you can find at the minimum before leaving the lot. It is highly recommended that you hire an RV Pro to give the ACE a thorough inspection, since they will know what to look for. As said before, think of this as a home inspection along with a truck inspection.
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote