Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 10-29-2018, 04:08 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport
State: Arizona
THOR #7524
New Smart Charger/ Inverter..

Well, on my recent trip to Ride Royal Blue, my interior lights went dim, after some troubleshooting it was determined that my Wfco 55 amp charger/ inverter was not operating properly...so , checked around and decided to purchase a Progressive Dynamics 9260 Smart Charger/ Inverter (60amp) From Amazon. UPS is delivering it today, looks like it should be a simple install, but probably won’t get to it till tomorrow since UPS usually delivers late in the afternoon...will post a couple of pics...anyone else install the 9260 converter and how is it holding up...

Old 10-29-2018, 08:22 PM   #2

Model: Four Winds
State: Ontario
THOR #9081
It would be the converter that your changing. Just curious why you went with the 9200 series and not the 4600 series. The 4600 should fit right into the old converter slot of the WFCO. Your going to keep the WFCO AC and DC distribution parts of your power centre. Would it not have been an easier install to go with the 4600? The 9200 from what I read is recommended to be installed horizontally. Are you going to have enough room in the area where your power centre is? From my readings I believe the 4600 has all the same features and the option for the remote pendant.
I also noted that Progressive has warnings on their site about internet sellers selling units without serial numbers. Make sure you get one.

Look forward to your pictures.
Old 10-29-2018, 08:43 PM   #3

Model: Four Winds 31E (2019)
State: California
THOR #12270
i agree. unless your doing a massive upgrade, i would replace with what you have now.

i would eventually like to do a magnum inverter/converter/AGS all in one unit. mainly b/c i like the control panel. but if something died right now i probably would replace with what i got now.
Old 10-29-2018, 09:01 PM   #4
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk34techrep View Post
Well, on my recent trip to Ride Royal Blue, my interior lights went dim, after some troubleshooting it was determined that my Wfco 55 amp charger/ inverter was not operating properly...so , checked around and decided to purchase a Progressive Dynamics 9260 Smart Charger/ Inverter (60amp) From Amazon. UPS is delivering it today, looks like it should be a simple install, but probably won’t get to it till tomorrow since UPS usually delivers late in the afternoon...will post a couple of pics...anyone else install the 9260 converter and how is it holding up...
You mean CONVERTER. The 9200 is not an inverter.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 11:05 PM   #5

THOR #7524
Yeah, my bad...supposed to be Charger/ Converter...install was pretty straight forward...
Old 10-30-2018, 12:03 AM   #6

THOR #7524
New Smart Charger/ Inverter..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterrrr View Post
It would be the converter that your changing. Just curious why you went with the 9200 series and not the 4600 series. The 4600 should fit right into the old converter slot of the WFCO. Your going to keep the WFCO AC and DC distribution parts of your power centre. Would it not have been an easier install to go with the 4600? The 9200 from what I read is recommended to be installed horizontally. Are you going to have enough room in the area where your power centre is? From my readings I believe the 4600 has all the same featuClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1398.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	13723tres and the option for the remote pendant.

I also noted that Progressive has warnings on their site about internet sellers selling units without serial numbers. Make sure you get one.

Look forward to your pictures.

No, the WFCO model 9855 deck mounted converter Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1397.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	13721I had was a wall mounted unit similar to the 9260 making replacement a matter of unplugging the power cable, removing the ground wire along with the positive and negative wires, then mounting 9260 in the same spot and reattaching the wires and plugging power cable back in turning on the power, voltage check and unit was putting out 13.7 vdc...unit came with a manual plug in charge wizard, not sure if I will plug it in or just relay on built in charge wizard....I also made sure to get a retail model with serial number, I had heard the same thing...
Old 10-30-2018, 02:49 AM   #7

Model: Four Winds
State: Ontario
THOR #9081
Ah ... It makes complete sense what you did. I assumed you had the 8955. I guess I must be getting dyscalculia with age.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WF_8955PECB_right_faced_open_450x450.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	13727