Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-12-2019, 09:36 PM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Newmar London Aire
State: North Carolina
THOR #14340
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
Can someone tell me how to block posts from a specific member? I can't find how to do it.
From the FAQ's.

Can I block posts, emails and messages from specific users?
If there are particular members that bother you and you do not want to see their posts or receive Private Messages and Emails from them, then you can add these members to your 'Ignore List'. There are several ways to do this:

Through your User Control Panel: User CP, Settings & Options, Edit Ignore List. Then, type their name into the empty text box and click 'Okay'.

2016 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock edition
Squerly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 09:46 PM   #22
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Keefer View Post
I ... I also get tired of reading posts by a guy that doesn't even own a Thor. He moved on and bought a quality motorhome yet continues to post on the Thor forum. At least I have a dog in the hunt.
Curiouser and curiouser...
Old 06-12-2019, 09:46 PM   #23

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Perfect...thanks! I bet this feature will be busy tonight.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 12:18 AM   #24
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Everybody is entitled to an opinion about how wisely they spent their pile of RV dough".
Some folks wouldn't change a thing; others would take a different route...

... and there are those who simply wouldn't do it!

Even though I no longer own a Thor product: I really did like our Outlaw. In spite of the issues; it was a really cool rig! We sold it only because it no longer fit our needs.
Having said this: we're "over the Moon" with our Tiffin. No complaints; other than needing more time to take it on the road...

The problem I have with folks who complain: they never seem to reach a point where they think to themselves, "There. I've said my piece, and I don't want to spoil the experience for others..."
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 12:22 AM   #25

State: Pennsylvania
THOR #10884
interesting info
question- as you seem to have knowedge
my outlaw has had wall seperation at the floor line. i have 5 broken corner pieces. any suggestion as to how to get Thor to repair it? none of the dealers for them want to touch it.
Old 06-13-2019, 12:24 AM   #26
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Is your rig still under warranty?
I'd call Thor, and make an appointment for them to take a look at in in Wakarusa.
Old 06-13-2019, 02:56 AM   #27

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
And there’s folks who think that just because a thing is “expensive” it must also be high end. There’s a reason Tiffins and Newmars and others cost half again as much for similar floor plans. Doesn’t mean Thor’s are “bad”, just means you’re left to work out the bugs before it’s reliable.
Old 06-13-2019, 05:18 AM   #28

Model: SOB
State: South Dakota
THOR #3916
<chuckles>
Thor Infinity
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 11:20 AM   #29

THOR #11130
Unlike so many other forums online...I've found this one to be more about the people and experiences. Anybody that has an RV of any other make and model can come here and learn and resolve most any issue they have, as most RV's are all made in a very similar fashion with mostly the same products. Take the names and tribal stripes off them and you'd be challenged to identify one over the other. How many times have you passed another one on the freeway and squint...trying to read the brand because you couldn't tell by just looking? How many other times were you finally able to read the brand...and go...WOW...that was a Thor...wonder if I know them? We've all has issues and most are easily rectified with proper research and a basic ability with tools and knowledge of how things work. There are more people here that had SOB and switched to Thor than the other way around. Obviously because this is a Thor Forum. There area a few here with plans to soon buy a MH...they're here for the knowledge everyone shares...even those people offer their fair share of help. For those who chose to go the other route, I feel it was mostly a decision of features and layout moreso than a severe hatred for Thor products. Any and all knowledge is helpful, regardless. I truly enjoy this forum and it's become such a daily part of my life...I'm retired...when the wife leaves for work at 6:30A each day, I take my coffee into the "Old Man's Forum" and see who stayed up the latest last night and what new things can I enter in my book of solutions, should I encounter the same problems. It's like The RV Academy to me. For those who have serious issues, I feel for them and everyone jumps in to help. Sometimes it's based on a simple misunderstanding...other times...they really have a problem. What really gets my goat is, every time someone posts a tail light out or a loose screw...a few here jump on the Thor Slide To Hell and rant and rave...with nothing to offer otherwise. I suggest they give up RVing if it's that bad...or go that other route and eliminate the problem. Life is too short for perpetual anger, over and over about the same things. If the truth were known (that 3rd side of every story) their issues are far deeper than the motorhome. I truly appreciate everyone here and thank you for tolerating even my attitude sometimes. For those few that seem to have had many issues, try sharing them along with your resolution moreso than blasting away and ruining a decent thread. Feathers float much farther distance than Turds. Be a Feather, Not a Turd!!
Old 06-13-2019, 11:29 AM   #30
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1560425351
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HELL-YEAH 2.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	18124  
Old 06-13-2019, 01:58 PM   #31

Model: challenger 37FH
State: Delaware
THOR #13399
Well said. Yes I think my new challenger is great,but I have had things go wrong. When something happens I fix it,if I need advice or a part I call Thor,they send me schematics or parts or offer solutions. Otherwise I come here for help. When I find and fix something I come here to warn of a possible future problem and preventive fix . Most of the problems so far have ended with Thor sending me replacement parts, I look at it as problems with parts used BY Thor and that manufacturers fault. Most of these same parts are used by many of the other RV brands. Soooo, I tend to look at it that way, maybe that keeps me happy with Thor.
Old 06-13-2019, 02:41 PM   #32

THOR #11130
I started a binder with the previous TT, prior to the MH. Every time I see a solution here (and this forum has got some really, really smart folks) I "copy an paste" that info to a word doc, print it and file it in a 3 ring binder I have with tabs labelled "water heater" "refrigerator", plumbing system", "winterizing", "12V Systems", etc. It's now over 2 inches thick and loaded with priceless data. It will never come close to Ed's Manual but it's close for trouble shooting. Every possible issue has been covered here many times by many owners. Regardless of what you read here and think you will remember...you'll never go "brain-dead" faster than when something breaks at 10PM on a Saturday night, in the middle of nowhere. You ask yourself..."wow, where was it I read about this?". I named the book "RV Solutions". Maybe I can sell it to Thor and the others for a generic, "real-time" troubleshooting guide to be included with every new camper.
Old 06-13-2019, 02:52 PM   #33
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Have you ever found a solution to the, "Why do you think we need to buy THAT?" issue?
Old 06-13-2019, 03:16 PM   #34

THOR #11130
There's no cure for that disease...an every time you login here...it cost you $100.
Old 06-13-2019, 03:44 PM   #35
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Oops...
Old 06-14-2019, 04:28 AM   #36

State: Washington
THOR #6433
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
I started a binder with the previous TT, prior to the MH. Every time I see a solution here (and this forum has got some really, really smart folks) I "copy an paste" that info to a word doc, print it and file it in a 3 ring binder I have with tabs labelled "water heater" "refrigerator", plumbing system", "winterizing", "12V Systems", etc. It's now over 2 inches thick and loaded with priceless data. It will never come close to Ed's Manual but it's close for trouble shooting. Every possible issue has been covered here many times by many owners. Regardless of what you read here and think you will remember...you'll never go "brain-dead" faster than when something breaks at 10PM on a Saturday night, in the middle of nowhere. You ask yourself..."wow, where was it I read about this?". I named the book "RV Solutions". Maybe I can sell it to Thor and the others for a generic, "real-time" troubleshooting guide to be included with every new camper.
That’s is absolutely a great idea, you never have the info when you need it but just having a hard copy for when things go wrong is great. We have had problems with our Thor but most of it was the lack in ability to fix the problem correctly by the dealer under warranty. That being said we love our coach it’s a Freedom Elite 30fe we love the floor plan and it’s a great way to enjoy this country with our little ones. I have owned boats all my life and those need more work and being stranded on the water waiting for help is much worse then on the side of the road with something you can sleep in and still have the creature comforts.
Old 06-15-2019, 04:15 AM   #37

Model: ACE 30.1
State: Ohio
THOR #14952
The Gritz Carlton:
"started a binder with the previous TT, prior to the MH. Every time I see a solution here (and this forum has got some really, really smart folks) I "copy an paste" that info to a word doc, print it and file it in a 3 ring binder I have with tabs labelled "water heater" "refrigerator", plumbing system", "winterizing", "12V Systems", etc. It's now over 2 inches thick and loaded with priceless data"

I was so glad to see you post this! I thought I was being too anal (probably am actually) when last week I bought a 3 ring notebook, dividers, etc., so I could print or write down all the great ideas, suggestions for any problems I might have with our MH. I am trying to be prepared because I have learned so much from these forums. Keep asking, searching, coming back to read all the good info from experienced RVers. You will find that people will answer with some good solid, practical suggestions. Some really funny stuff too! Congrats on your new rig!
Old 06-15-2019, 10:36 AM   #38
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Wonder if the OP has been reading? They haven't responded--granted its only been 4 days (which is an eternity on here ! LOL).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 12:29 PM   #39

THOR #11130
The most amazing geezers here are those that do an immediate decompression dive on the electrical issues. Most of us have the basic skills for nuts-n-bolts, but the scientific explanations as to how the electrical systems work are priceless. You brainiacs know who you are and we don't give you enough kudos for your help.
Old 06-15-2019, 12:34 PM   #40

Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
Ignore some folks StacyK9, and try not to let broken or failed things get you down. Don't need new balls or a PhD! Thor has been awesome to me and the CW in Statesville, NC is the best. Understand that you have a home on wheels and it suffers the equivalent of roughly a 5.0 earthquake going down the road. Something's you need fixed by the pros and something's you can do yourself. If you have an RV long enough you'll learn more than you could imagine and can open a RV repair business.....take heart, it's ALL GOOD!!!!