Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-23-2019, 12:37 PM   #81

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #13816
This thread was a long and winding road We have had two phone calls from the Thor “concierge” department asking us how things were going with our new MH. We have had some minor issues and some not so minor but overall we are pleased with our purchase, our dealership and with Thor. I hope Stacy was able to get her issue repaired. Having good AC is a must right now.

Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer, Koni shocks
Pabs4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 01:59 PM   #82

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #14252
If you are handy at all be prepared to do a lot of the warrantee work yourself if you don't want your rig spending most of his time in the shop. Just document what you do. There is plenty of self help videos out there to do just about any job that you need to do.
Old 06-23-2019, 08:25 PM   #83

Model: Venetian A40
State: Florida
THOR #12058
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
Unlike so many other forums online...I've found this one to be more about the people and experiences. Anybody that has an RV of any other make and model can come here and learn and resolve most any issue they have, as most RV's are all made in a very similar fashion with mostly the same products. Take the names and tribal stripes off them and you'd be challenged to identify one over the other. How many times have you passed another one on the freeway and squint...trying to read the brand because you couldn't tell by just looking? How many other times were you finally able to read the brand...and go...WOW...that was a Thor...wonder if I know them? We've all has issues and most are easily rectified with proper research and a basic ability with tools and knowledge of how things work. There are more people here that had SOB and switched to Thor than the other way around. Obviously because this is a Thor Forum. There area a few here with plans to soon buy a MH...they're here for the knowledge everyone shares...even those people offer their fair share of help. For those who chose to go the other route, I feel it was mostly a decision of features and layout moreso than a severe hatred for Thor products. Any and all knowledge is helpful, regardless. I truly enjoy this forum and it's become such a daily part of my life...I'm retired...when the wife leaves for work at 6:30A each day, I take my coffee into the "Old Man's Forum" and see who stayed up the latest last night and what new things can I enter in my book of solutions, should I encounter the same problems. It's like The RV Academy to me. For those who have serious issues, I feel for them and everyone jumps in to help. Sometimes it's based on a simple misunderstanding...other times...they really have a problem. What really gets my goat is, every time someone posts a tail light out or a loose screw...a few here jump on the Thor Slide To Hell and rant and rave...with nothing to offer otherwise. I suggest they give up RVing if it's that bad...or go that other route and eliminate the problem. Life is too short for perpetual anger, over and over about the same things. If the truth were known (that 3rd side of every story) their issues are far deeper than the motorhome. I truly appreciate everyone here and thank you for tolerating even my attitude sometimes. For those few that seem to have had many issues, try sharing them along with your resolution moreso than blasting away and ruining a decent thread. Feathers float much farther distance than Turds. Be a Feather, Not a Turd!!
Bravo, encore lol!
Old 06-23-2019, 08:59 PM   #84

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacyk9 View Post
We just bought a brand new Thor Freedom Elite 30fe. For the most part, it's okay. We had to rig up the satellite in order to get it on all the TV's, which noone at Camping World could tell us how to do. The biggest issue is the air conditioner. Only half of the vents have air coming out. I assume they are blocked. We can't get in to get it looked at for 3 weeks, but we already have 2 trips planned before then. What can we do?
Stacyk9

Did you get this resolved?
In our Tuscany and prior RV's one half the registers were for the return air

Hold a piece of light paper near the registers will show air moving if it is

I chose not to read the less entertaining post so might have missed your response
Old 06-23-2019, 09:03 PM   #85

THOR #6903
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
Unlike so many other forums online...I've found this one to be more about the people and experiences. Anybody that has an RV of any other make and model can come here and learn and resolve most any issue they have, as most RV's are all made in a very similar fashion with mostly the same products. Take the names and tribal stripes off them and you'd be challenged to identify one over the other. How many times have you passed another one on the freeway and squint...trying to read the brand because you couldn't tell by just looking? How many other times were you finally able to read the brand...and go...WOW...that was a Thor...wonder if I know them? We've all has issues and most are easily rectified with proper research and a basic ability with tools and knowledge of how things work. There are more people here that had SOB and switched to Thor than the other way around. Obviously because this is a Thor Forum. There area a few here with plans to soon buy a MH...they're here for the knowledge everyone shares...even those people offer their fair share of help. For those who chose to go the other route, I feel it was mostly a decision of features and layout moreso than a severe hatred for Thor products. Any and all knowledge is helpful, regardless. I truly enjoy this forum and it's become such a daily part of my life...I'm retired...when the wife leaves for work at 6:30A each day, I take my coffee into the "Old Man's Forum" and see who stayed up the latest last night and what new things can I enter in my book of solutions, should I encounter the same problems. It's like The RV Academy to me. For those who have serious issues, I feel for them and everyone jumps in to help. Sometimes it's based on a simple misunderstanding...other times...they really have a problem. What really gets my goat is, every time someone posts a tail light out or a loose screw...a few here jump on the Thor Slide To Hell and rant and rave...with nothing to offer otherwise. I suggest they give up RVing if it's that bad...or go that other route and eliminate the problem. Life is too short for perpetual anger, over and over about the same things. If the truth were known (that 3rd side of every story) their issues are far deeper than the motorhome. I truly appreciate everyone here and thank you for tolerating even my attitude sometimes. For those few that seem to have had many issues, try sharing them along with your resolution moreso than blasting away and ruining a decent thread. Feathers float much farther distance than Turds. Be a Feather, Not a Turd!!
At the end of the day Gritz is as we used to say in the shop DEAD MUTS ON

A lot of great information sharing by some very knowledgeable people for the most part with a fairly low percentage of knuckleheads
Old 06-23-2019, 09:05 PM   #86

THOR #6903
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwmcguire View Post
At the end of the day Gritz is as we used to say in the shop DEAD MUTS ON

A lot of great information sharing by some very knowledgeable people for the most part with a fairly low percentage of knuckleheads
Auto checker helped me, should have been NUTS

can't edit post on my phone
Old 06-24-2019, 02:46 AM   #87

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Go to ANY RV forum you wish and after 30 min of reading you will find complaints just like yours. It's not Thor. It's is the RV industry in general. I just bought a used Keystone and moved from the Forest River forum and it's like I never left FR. Same old problems. ALL are cheaply made.

Not just RV forums. Virtually ANY product attracts detractors on their forums. When I had my Mercedes the forums would scare the pee out of you. But it’s certainly true that RVs are built with lightweight materials and to a price point. It’s best if you know that going in
Old 06-24-2019, 05:05 PM   #88

State: Alabama
THOR #11596
Hi StacyK9!! This is a wonderful forum! I have only owned my R V'15 Thor 4 winds 31E for one year. I have to tell you the things I learned hands on are countless! not to mention being screwed recently by s local tech who claimed he knew-it-all until I started to go on YouTube and discovered how to do many things on my own. 1 thing you must know about me is that I am not very technical. I am always determined to learn and learn right. I'm in medical sales. I knew nothing about the functionality of an RV Except for my experience of renting 1A giant recreation world and being hooked from the moment I was in that class C. I wanted to make some dreams come true and also make my father's and my mother's bucket list possible. The 1st year is the hardest. There are many things you will not understand and you will only understand them as you go through them step-by-step. you go with a positive attitude and you will get through these moments. do not depend too much on the warranty, as the frustration of waiting for technicians or from any sales lot is going to really put a negative feeling in your heart. Not to mention discourage you. The above comments are absolutely correct! Except for the sarcastic comment about "selling your vehicle and getting a tent"! That goes to show some people are inconsiderate and have too much time on their hands. Nowadays, instead of taking 5 minutes to write a positive or motivational comment, there is always someone among the crowd to put "lemon on pudding"! learn as much as you can. I'm in my middle forties, yes a woman, and yes I have managed to figure all these things out on my own .. many with the advice of reading what is on this forum. I won't even begin to tell you the nightmares that I have had,but truly been worth it. In between those nightmares, I have managed to take on quite some challenges. I bought the RV with 7000 miles..t now has 24000 miles so yes I have painted the town red on some adventures. I do plan on adding quite a few more Of course in between work so I could still manage to afford all the craziness in between!
Old 06-24-2019, 05:16 PM   #89

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
..."The above comments are absolutely correct! Except for the sarcastic comment about "selling your vehicle and getting a tent"! That goes to show some people are inconsiderate and have too much time on their hands"...

Live and Learn...that's what you're preaching here...and it's good advice. I made that comment. If you had been around this forum for some time you would have seen the dozens of crappy, sarcastic posts he comes in the rooms with...every time someone mentions an issue, regardless of how small it is. His attitude sucks an most here agree with me. Hang around a while...you'll get it.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 01:25 AM   #90

Model: AXIS 24.1
State: Texas
THOR #5911
Send a message via AIM to JAE Darbo
Well said.