Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 03-10-2018, 07:52 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 Thor Damon Daybreak
State: Colorado
THOR #3604
Slide misaligned

Hello, I have an issue with my slide, it is misaligned by about 2” from top to bottom, that is to say when closed, it is tight at the top and a 2” gap at the bottom! It’s been sitting in the driveway with the slide open for about a month, I just noticed it when I went to close the slide. I’m pretty handy so I may be able to fix it myself, I just want to get some of the abundant wisdom here first. I believe it is a schwintek type, it has rails on each side, top & bottom. I’ve tried you tube, but nothing I’ve seen on there has worked.

Dvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 08:07 PM   #2

State: California
THOR #8228
If Schwintek, hopefully 3trak, go on line, YouTube, and do the self align 1st. See if that helps. Allow the motors to reset themselves. You can also unplug the motors align the tracks and plug them back in then realign.
Old 03-11-2018, 12:29 AM   #3

THOR #3604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratmanstudio View Post
If Schwintek, hopefully 3trak, go on line, YouTube, and do the self align 1st. See if that helps. Allow the motors to reset themselves. You can also unplug the motors align the tracks and plug them back in then realign.
I did try the self alignment procedure, no go. I would think I could disengage the motors, unplug the controller and manually align it. I messed around with it for a few minutes today, but wasn’t able to move it at all, hopefully someone who has done this can chime in. Mine is a 2 track system.
Old 03-11-2018, 12:44 AM   #4

THOR #3604
https://imgur.com/gallery/BTEH4
Old 03-11-2018, 12:51 AM   #5
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Given your description of the problem I would imagine re-timing the motors won't help.

It sounds more like the gears aren't in the same position on the top vs the bottom racks (like the bottom gears slipped a few teeth). Given that the gears are on the same shaft that isn't a good thing.

There was another post in the forums here where they discovered that the bottom bushing was a square rod in a round hole--didn't look that good. Perhaps that somehow let the bottom gears slip a few teeth.

Edit: Ok a lot more than a few teeth looking at your picture.

Which also means that disconnecting the motors won't help you because the sets of gears will still be connected on the shaft.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 01:16 AM   #6

THOR #3604
I’m baffled as to how it even happened... I know it’s hard to believe, but this is the first real issue I’ve ever had with this rig, I should consider myself fortunate.
Old 05-26-2018, 02:25 PM   #7

Model: Ace 30.2
State: Washington
THOR #5063
I know this is old but did you get your slide fixed.
Old 05-26-2018, 03:05 PM   #8

State: California
THOR #10354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvan View Post
Hello, I have an issue with my slide, it is misaligned by about 2” from top to bottom, that is to say when closed, it is tight at the top and a 2” gap at the bottom! It’s been sitting in the driveway with the slide open for about a month, I just noticed it when I went to close the slide. I’m pretty handy so I may be able to fix it myself, I just want to get some of the abundant wisdom here first. I believe it is a schwintek type, it has rails on each side, top & bottom. I’ve tried you tube, but nothing I’ve seen on there has worked.
Take a look at this Utube video from someone that has the same problem.

There is only one motor and one shaft on each side of the slide so you must take it apart like he has done in the video to address/correct the problem. You probably also have a bad pinion gear or a loose assembly for your problem to occur and the Schwintek system cannot electrically repair this issue.