Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-09-2015, 02:41 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2014 Hurricane 34f
State: Arkansas
THOR #1845
No power to full wall slide

Our coach has been in storage for 2 or 3 weeks so we went to run the generator with a load on it and do a little housecleaning. We were going to extend the slide but there seems to be no power to it. We had an earlier issue where one of the motors was bad and we had it fixed under our extended warrenty. Until now we have had no further problems. We have a breaker box and a fuse box on the side of our bed. The breakers are labled and none say slide. The fuse box has one 30 amp fuse and it looks fine but I may get another one and see for sure.Don't even know if that is even the right fuse but I was told by my RV repair guy that if it was a fuse and not a breaker it was probably a 30 amp. There is a box in a basement storage compartment that has to do with the slide. All the wires and plugs seem to be fine. There is small red light that can barely be seen in the box that is blinking. Don't know if that means anything or not. Does anyone know of a fuse, breaker or reset button located in another place on a 2014 Hurricane 34f ? We had the gen running and battery switch on and other electrical stuff worked fine.

Old 07-09-2015, 03:06 AM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Crossroads
Model: CF32BL
State: Mississippi
THOR #121
I know on my fifth wheel if the is a red light flashing next to a fuse, than the fuse is blown
The wonder Schnauzers
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 11:25 AM   #3
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3shooter View Post
Our coach has been in storage for 2 or 3 weeks so we went to run the generator with a load on it and do a little housecleaning. We were going to extend the slide but there seems to be no power to it. We had an earlier issue where one of the motors was bad and we had it fixed under our extended warrenty. Until now we have had no further problems. We have a breaker box and a fuse box on the side of our bed. The breakers are labled and none say slide. The fuse box has one 30 amp fuse and it looks fine but I may get another one and see for sure.Don't even know if that is even the right fuse but I was told by my RV repair guy that if it was a fuse and not a breaker it was probably a 30 amp. There is a box in a basement storage compartment that has to do with the slide. All the wires and plugs seem to be fine. There is small red light that can barely be seen in the box that is blinking. Don't know if that means anything or not. Does anyone know of a fuse, breaker or reset button located in another place on a 2014 Hurricane 34f ? We had the gen running and battery switch on and other electrical stuff worked fine.
The red blinking light on the slide controller is a flashing error code. You count the red blinks (separated by a green blink) and the number of flashes indicates the specific error. The errors codes are printed on the controller. Attached is a pic of the controller on my unit and you can see where the codes are printed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	slide contoller.JPG
Views:	173
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	599

Once you get the code try calling Lippert and they may be able to provide additional assistance.

By the way, mine was flashing a wire short between the controller and motor and it turns out the wire came unplugged from one of the motor. Thor authorized a mobile tech who had the problem corrected in 15 minutes. The cause of my problem was a missing bulb seal which serves as the wire chase for the slide motor harness. Thor sent me the seal (took 3 attempts to get the correct seal) and I had it replaced in about 15 minutes.

As a note, under normal conditions that light should be solid green.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 01:27 AM   #4

THOR #1845
Thanks Dave ! We are leaving for National Sr. Games in Minneapolis in the morning. Not taking motor home as we wanted to stay in same hotel as basketball teammates. I may not have time to check it out til we get back. I told our rv tech if I posted this someone would be able to help. My box is the same one as yours but is on the ceiling of a small basement compartment and you have to be a contortionist to try to read the info. I now remember reading your earlier post about your bulb seal.
Thanks Again !
Old 07-10-2015, 01:35 AM   #5
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3shooter View Post
Thanks Dave ! We are leaving for National Sr. Games in Minneapolis in the morning. Not taking motor home as we wanted to stay in same hotel as basketball teammates. I may not have time to check it out til we get back. I told our rv tech if I posted this someone would be able to help. My box is the same one as yours but is on the ceiling of a small basement compartment and you have to be a contortionist to try to read the info. I now remember reading your earlier post about your bulb seal.
Thanks Again !
My controller is also on the ceiling of a compartment, although it is probably a larger compartment than yours. Where there's a will there's a way. My wife's makeup mirror was perfect for counting the blinks without having to get my body into positions it was never designed to handle.

My overhead bunk has the same controller mounted in the cabinet above the drivers seat so getting the code info off the controller is relatively easy.
FMCA - F432054
Old 07-10-2015, 01:57 AM   #6

THOR #1845
Great idea! I'll take my wifes mirror!
Old 07-10-2015, 10:16 AM   #7
Site Team

THOR #1469
And this reminds me I've been meaning to stop by Harbor Freight and pick up another telescoping inspection mirror and flexible pick up tool to go in the coach's tool bag.

I think I'll do that this weekend.
FMCA - F432054