No Power to Hydraulic Slides - Fixed!
I scrubbed the Interweb looking for answers to my specific scenario, but could not find the answer. My slides would not move, no sound, nothing. I'll keep it short and get right to the fix...
The cable harness containing the wires from the slide control panel switches to the motor were resting on the frame under the motorhome and finally wore through the harness and then through the (red) power wire.
At the break I opened up the harness, clipped the little bit of corrosion that formed at each cut end, stripped the ends of the broken wire, and joined with a butt connector. The connector length made up for the little bit of wire that was clipped away. I taped the butt connection, wrapped the wire bundle with a short length of nylon spiral wrap, and taped over the entire harness & nylon spiral wrap. A split wire loom would have also worked, but I didn't have that in my box of things I may need one day. I then used a couple of nylon zip ties to keep the harness off the frame
I'll not bore you with all of the troubleshooting steps I went through from checking the fuse, checking the engine-running relay to eventually looking for where the wire was broken. One interesting item: the fuse never blew. There was 12v at the slide switches, however, no activity or sound when I pressed any of the switches. There was probably one strand of wire carrying just enough current to register on my meter, but not drive the solenoid. That last strand finally gave out which lead to my discovery.
I hope this doesn't happen to you, but if it does I hope you are able to quickly find the cause. This is the second motorhome issue I've encountered that was the result of a wiring harness rubbing on metal.