Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-25-2022, 02:21 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 35SK
State: Kentucky
THOR #28051
Blown fuse

The 15 amp fuse under the switch panel on the generator is blown. Will replace and see it that is the only issue.

Old 09-26-2022, 01:32 AM   #22

THOR #28051
Downloaded the schematics, drawings, and other info today from Thor. Nice resources available.

The batteries were replaced in Dec 2021 and the inverter was replaced in September 2022. I think the inverter change out may possibly have been the culprit with blown fuses in the coach.

I replaced the fuse inside the front panel of the generator, while also topping of the oil and coolant. Once that was completed it fired right up and had no problem powering everything in the coach. It might have blown it’s fuse from loneliness. Generator in a 2015 MH had 186 hours on it. Now that it has started, I will change the oil and oil filter to ensure it’s all good. I would like to do the same to the coolant, but I am unable to get the coolant cap out from under the panel. A strange design, and difficult to work on.

The Jensen radio on the MBR wall was not functioning. Found a blown fuse in the back of it too. Replaced and that is now working.

The Axxera AV614BH dash radio/camera/cd is still not functioning, but I will need to locate some removal tools to get it out to check for a fuse in the back of it, since the radio fuse in the Ford panel is good.

Thanks for all the help. This forum is great, and I am impressed with the documentation available inline from Thor.

The
Old 09-26-2022, 04:31 AM   #23
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJDour View Post
Downloaded the schematics, drawings, and other info today from Thor. Nice resources available.

The batteries were replaced in Dec 2021 and the inverter was replaced in September 2022. I think the inverter change out may possibly have been the culprit with blown fuses in the coach.

I replaced the fuse inside the front panel of the generator, while also topping of the oil and coolant. Once that was completed it fired right up and had no problem powering everything in the coach. It might have blown it’s fuse from loneliness. Generator in a 2015 MH had 186 hours on it. Now that it has started, I will change the oil and oil filter to ensure it’s all good. I would like to do the same to the coolant, but I am unable to get the coolant cap out from under the panel. A strange design, and difficult to work on.

The Jensen radio on the MBR wall was not functioning. Found a blown fuse in the back of it too. Replaced and that is now working.

The Axxera AV614BH dash radio/camera/cd is still not functioning, but I will need to locate some removal tools to get it out to check for a fuse in the back of it, since the radio fuse in the Ford panel is good.

Thanks for all the help. This forum is great, and I am impressed with the documentation available inline from Thor.

The
Get a paperclip and press/hold the recessed reset button on the front panel. Common issue with that model radio.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 09:50 AM   #24

THOR #28051
Have already tried that, based on seeing it in another post in the forum. Thanks.
Old 09-27-2022, 11:47 PM   #25

THOR #28051
AxXis Radio

Is it necessary to remove the entire section of the dash as shown on YouTube videos about Ford radios to get this one out? There aren’t any instructions specific to this unit, so I wanted to ask so I don’t do something else that is not required. I cannot get the snap plate off from the front of the radio to insert removal tools to try to slide it out of the radio chassis. Thanks.
Old 09-28-2022, 12:39 AM   #26
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Is it necessary to remove the entire section of the dash as shown on YouTube videos about Ford radios to get this one out? There aren’t any instructions specific to this unit, so I wanted to ask so I don’t do something else that is not required. I cannot get the snap plate off from the front of the radio to insert removal tools to try to slide it out of the radio chassis. Thanks.
Removal tool on each side of the radio to depress the clips and slide the unit out.

Search Axxerra removal for info and pics of the removal tools. You might be able to use a couple dinner knives instead of the tools.
Old 09-28-2022, 01:52 AM   #27

THOR #28051
Removal

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Removal tool on each side of the radio to depress the clips and slide the unit out.

Search Axxerra removal for info and pics of the removal tools. You might be able to use a couple dinner knives instead of the tools.
I have been trying to remove the rectangular faceplate from the radio, as the Axxera manual looks like it is being installed after the radio is slid into the radio chassis. I have not been able to get thin metal shims inserted along the outer sides of the faceplate, so I assumed it needed to be removed to expose the frame of the radio which would then slide out using the removal tools.
Old 09-30-2022, 01:28 AM   #28

THOR #28051
Are both side cameras using a single wire? Radio Good, 1 Side Camera Out

Finally found a YouTube video for removal in a 2014 F550, and it worked for the 2015. Definitely felt like I would break the dash getting it out, but it finally wiggled loose. Then removed 4 screws to get the radio out. Not the use of 2 tools to release it from the radio chassis.

Found a blown 15 amp fuse on the back of the radio, and replaced it. The radio and player are fine now.

Only one side camera is working. There is a single "CAM" cable hookup on the back of the radio. Are both side turn cameras joined to the single wire, or do I need to continue hunting for an elusive RCA cable somewhere inside the dash for the right side camera?

Thanks
Old 09-30-2022, 02:34 AM   #29
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Finally found a YouTube video for removal in a 2014 F550, and it worked for the 2015. Definitely felt like I would break the dash getting it out, but it finally wiggled loose. Then removed 4 screws to get the radio out. Not the use of 2 tools to release it from the radio chassis.

Found a blown 15 amp fuse on the back of the radio, and replaced it. The radio and player are fine now.

Only one side camera is working. There is a single "CAM" cable hookup on the back of the radio. Are both side turn cameras joined to the single wire, or do I need to continue hunting for an elusive RCA cable somewhere inside the dash for the right side camera?

Thanks
Follow that single RCA cable back to its source - a 3 camera multiplexer box that feeds both side cameras and the backup camera to the radio input.
Old 09-30-2022, 02:53 AM   #30

THOR #28051
Camera Hook Ups

Seller said only side cameras were attached to the radio. Had a Furrion wireless for the back up, which is rather large, and I would prefer to not have so many screens - dash radio screen, Furrion back up screen, and my Garmin RV GPS screen. I would like to have all 3 on the dash radio, so hopefully I can find that multiplexer. Thanks again for sharing all of the information.
Old 10-01-2022, 12:48 AM   #31

THOR #28051
Found the multiplexer, as you said would be there. Tried the drivers side camera in all 3 spots and it worked fine, so the multiplexer is good. I know the back up camera had been replaced with the Furrion. I removed the passenger side camera since it just gave a black screen. Plugged it into the drivers side and it is definitely dead. Does anyone know the brand of these cameras so I can get a new passenger side and rear view camera to use the wiring that is in place? They use a 5 pin connector, male on the camera end and at the multiplexer. Thanks.
Old 10-01-2022, 01:35 AM   #32
Site Team

THOR #7035
I believe they're Voyager cameras. See https://www.rearviewsafety.com/

There's also connectors at the mirror end that some have found loose.
Old 10-01-2022, 02:12 AM   #33

THOR #28051
Used your link, found the products, and have already bought them. Thanks for your fast, accurate responses. Your knowledge of these products and issues is incredible. Thanks again.
Old 10-01-2022, 02:32 AM   #34
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Used your link, found the products, and have already bought them. Thanks for your fast, accurate responses. Your knowledge of these products and issues is incredible. Thanks again.
Old 10-01-2022, 05:02 PM   #35

Model: 2011 FW Hurricane 33T
State: England
THOR #16471
Incredible

Quote:
MR Incredible to most!

Old 11-08-2022, 09:57 AM   #36

THOR #28051
Received the new cameras from rear view safety, and installed both the passenger side camera and the rear camera. For the rear one, I had to splice a new 5 pin plug onto the cable that had been cut at the dealer that sold the previous owner the wireless Furrion camera. Anyway, all 3 cameras are working through the multiplexer to the radio. They all operate, but are almost useless due to the poor imaging in operation. I have a Garmin RV GPS with a backup camera, so I installed that camera below the Voyager unit I just replaced. The difference in clarity and definition is amazing. Is there any way to increase the brightness of these cameras, or could it be the resolution of the Axxerra screen?
Old 11-08-2022, 10:59 AM   #37

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Iowa
THOR #28145
Quote:
Is there any way to increase the brightness of these cameras, or could it be the resolution of the Axxerra screen?
You will likely need to replace the radio to get a brighter image on the screen. Since you have already learned how to remove the radio and apparently handy it should be a relatively simple task for you.

I don't have all the other drama going on my ACE but I do plan to upgrade the radio with something with a brighter screen and decent navigation.

Former 1996 28' Tiffin Allegro owner
Dan-sr@perra-us.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 11:49 AM   #38
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Received the new cameras from rear view safety, and installed both the passenger side camera and the rear camera. For the rear one, I had to splice a new 5 pin plug onto the cable that had been cut at the dealer that sold the previous owner the wireless Furrion camera. Anyway, all 3 cameras are working through the multiplexer to the radio. They all operate, but are almost useless due to the poor imaging in operation. I have a Garmin RV GPS with a backup camera, so I installed that camera below the Voyager unit I just replaced. The difference in clarity and definition is amazing. Is there any way to increase the brightness of these cameras, or could it be the resolution of the Axxerra screen?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-sr@perra-us.net View Post
You will likely need to replace the radio to get a brighter image on the screen. Since you have already learned how to remove the radio and apparently handy it should be a relatively simple task for you.

I don't have all the other drama going on my ACE but I do plan to upgrade the radio with something with a brighter screen and decent navigation.
Or just add a separate monitor for the cameras on the dash as many have done.
Old 11-08-2022, 01:29 PM   #39

THOR #28051
I am trying to avoid looking like a NASA launch system while driving, and/or not fill my windshield with a bunch of monitors. I have a Garmin 760 GPS that has a 7” monitor and the rear view camera, that I don’t necessarily need to use, but I want the GPS function, so that monitor stays. I also have the TST technology TPMS monitor mounted on the windshield, and will always use that too. Now that I added the Patriot brake controller for the Honda Toad, I have a small monitor for the brake system on the dash. The unit came with the nice Furrion backup camera with a 7” monitor, but that didn’t display the Voyager side cameras, and then there is the radio screen. I didn’t even use the radio on our shakedown trip with the camper this past week, but was just using the screen for the side & rear camera, which reinforced that the resolution and picture quality was lacking to the point of resorting to using the Garmin camera to see behind us. Will consider all options and settle on something. I did go through the options on tha Axxera system of color brightness, Contrast, and Color and the Dim Control, to no avail. Just thought that maybe I had missed the hidden “magic” button to fix the issue, so I wanted to check with the experts on this forum. All other issues have been resolved and we love the 35SK. Have been going through each system to learn more about the coach. Next item is to do a deeper dive into the batteries and inverter to make sure that I understand that system completely. Haven’t had an inverter before in any of our trailers. Still doing about 2 hours at a time buffing and polishing sections to restore the exterior. A work in progress, but I enjoy tinkering and fixing things. Thanks.

Tags
chassis battery, inverter, power